The economy in this game is screwed and here's why

mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
So they are giving away a Sentry cover in the pve....GIVING HIM AWAY! This is not a good thing however happy you may be.
This is actually a very clear indication that D3 has officially screwed the economy in this game, and here's why.

The same thing happened in a game called Dark Summoner (which I never played)*. They started giving away coveted rewards and screwed the economy, making AA cards the new standard, then giving away AAA cards, nuts.

They are trying to balance out the MPQ economy by evening out the 3* cover lag. They already started giving out 2* covers through pvp rewards. Once they did that they said everybody has full 2* teams after 1 month with a fair amount of playing. 2* teams are now the new norm. Now they have to give away 3*'s to balance it out again, but it won't work. There is no diversity if you just look at the pvp teams.

Instead of saying let's make 2* teams valid and 3* teams coveted, they said you need a 3* team to even place and 2* teams are now a give-me.....the new 1*.

at the end of the day, look at how many 2* are even valid. OBW, Thor, Ares, that's it. 3 out of how many?

ways to fix this:

- A 3* token...period. There has to be a better way to get 3* covers other than grinding pvp going up against 141's to scrap by top50.
- pve 35,000 pt progression is a 2* token? absolute insult, it should be a 3* cover. A guaranteed random 3* cover. I play a pve for days on end to get 35,000 to get...bagman? moonstone?
- more variety in 2*s. Everybody using the same 2* team is a terrible experience.

* yes, I never played but my good friend, who put me onto this game to begin with explained how the two scenarios are similar. go ahead, flame away anyways

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    So they are giving away a Sentry cover in the pve....GIVING HIM AWAY! This is not a good thing however happy you may be.
    This is actually a very clear indication that D3 has officially screwed the economy in this game, and here's why.
    Sigh, there's always someone.
    The same thing happened in a game called Dark Summoner (which I never played). They started giving away coveted rewards and screwed the economy, making AA cards the new standard, then giving away AAA cards, nuts.

They are trying to balance out the universe by evening out the 3* cover lag. They already started giving out 2* covers through pvp rewards. Once they did that they said everybody has full 2* teams after 1 month of fair amount of playing. 2* teams are the new norm. Now they have to give away 3*'s to balance it out again. There is no diversity if you just look at the pvp teams.
    Yes, this is clearly just like that game you never played.

D3 gave out a single new 3* cover in a single event. How this translates to a collapse of the in-game economy is... <dons sunglasses>... puzzling. 2* teams have been the non-newbie norm for a long, long time. If they really wanted to "even out the 3* cover lag," they could easily do so in other, more effective ways. If anything, many recent changes have prolonged the 2*-3* transition phase.

This is essentially looking a gift horse in the mouth, then hocking a big loogie in that gift horse's mouth while crowing "You're a wolf, and I'm enlightened!"
    Instead of saying let's make 2* teams valid and 3* teams coveted, they said you need a 3* team to even place and 2* teams are now a give-me.....the new 1*.
    So, we've got someone complaining that 2* teams are totally worthless gimmes that aren't special anymore, and someone else simultaneously complaining (in his own Gen. Disc. thread) that it takes soooo long to get a 2* team. Curious. Also, believe it or not, there are event placements outside of Top 10, and Fluffy Brackets of Life very much exist (3* veterans are occasionally placed in them, even).
    at the end of the day, look at how many 2* are even valid. OBW, Thor, Ares, that's it. 3 out of how many?
    For PVP, OBW, Thor, Ares are top-tier. CStorm + MN Mags is top-tier offense-only. AWolv is high-tier.
    For PVE, 2* Cap and Moonstone are important, MHawkeye has his uses, and CStorm is just an absolute monster.

It's like saying "Well, only LT, Hood, Patch, and CMags are 'valid' 3*s": they're top-tier, but hardly the only useful ones, even if we merrily pretend that PVE completely doesn't exist.
    - A 3* token...period. There has to be a better way to get 3* covers other than grinding pvp going up against 141's to scrap by top50.
    - pve 35,000 pt progression is a 2* token? absolute insult, it should be a 3* cover. A guaranteed random 3* cover. I play a pve for days on end to get 35,000 to get...bagman? moonstone?
    "It sucks because they're giving out too many 3* covers, which totally ruins the game! They need to fix it by giving me more 3* covers!"

This clearly makes sense.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Remember when they gave out the green Hulk covers and the game's entire economy collapsed?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Yup, those free Hulk covers totally ruined everything.

Barbrady.jpg
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Remember when they gave out the green Hulk covers and the game's entire economy collapsed?
    Remember when they did it TWICE?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Remember when they gave out the green Hulk covers and the game's entire economy collapsed?
    Everyone got The Clap, and darkness fell upon the world. I can still hear the screams.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

In 8 days I will get green Hulk from Shield supply...GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Oh wow, this was such a poorly thought out post that I thought it was a sarcastic troll. Did this guy really compare Sentry covers to a game he has never played?

Now this is a fun thread.
  • You're mad that they gave away a 3 star cover, but you want 3 star tokens and 3 star progression rewards? Wouldn't this make the "economy" even worse?

• - A 3* token...period. There has to be a better way to get 3* covers other than grinding pvp going up against 141's to scrap by top50.

But if they gave out 3* tokens then it would be easier to get 3* covers so everyone who bought a 3* cover previously would demand refunds
  • Malcoran wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

In 8 days I will get green Hulk from Shield supply...GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

I get mine in 2 days!
  • There's an economy in this game?
  • [Parental Moment]While the OP's original thought process was not thought out enough, I don't think this post deserves "down-votes". Those are supposed to be reserved for when someone is being an asshat or what not. icon_neutral.gif

Maybe some of the sarcasm yes, sarcasm can be fun...but really people? Down votes? He was just trying to express his opinion as he sees things. Someone could have been kind enough to point out the flaws in his thinking in a constructive way as to help him change his opinion in the RIGHT way. [/Parental Moment]

It is my belief that D3 did this as a gesture of good will to say sorry, without actually having to say sorry for the terrible way the game has been running as of late. I am sure there are many people who would disagree with me. And that is fine. If you think they did it for another reason, please speak up, I enjoy hearing what others think. THAT IS WHY I JOINED THE FORUM and not just lurked it for the good info in the TIPS section.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    [Parental Moment]Maybe some of the sarcasm yes, sarcasm can be fun...but really people? Down votes? He was just trying to express his opinion as he sees things. Someone could have been kind enough to point out the flaws in his thinking in a constructive way as to help him change his opinion in the RIGHT way.[Parental Moment]

Though I disagree with him, as I parent, I gave an upvote to even him out a bit. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    [Parental Moment]While the OP's original thought process was not thought out enough, I don't think this post deserves "down-votes". Those are supposed to be reserved for when someone is being an asshat or what not. icon_neutral.gif

Maybe some of the sarcasm yes, sarcasm can be fun...but really people? Down votes? He was just trying to express his opinion as he sees things. Someone could have been kind enough to point out the flaws in his thinking in a constructive way as to help him change his opinion in the RIGHT way. [/Parental Moment]

It is my belief that D3 did this as a gesture of good will to say sorry, without actually having to say sorry for the terrible way the game has been running as of late. I am sure there are many people who would disagree with me. And that is fine. If you think they did it for another reason, please speak up, I enjoy hearing what others think. THAT IS WHY I JOINED THE FORUM and not just lurked it for the good info in the TIPS section.

I hope it was not saying sorry, I hope it was recognition that reaching community goals and not getting a tangible reward is lame. I have been bitterly disappointed with each community goal since the Hulk event. I thought this reward was great, and builds excitement
  • And i down voted him because he never realized that we even get free 4* covers over time in the S.H.I.E.L.D. resupply icon_twisted.gif
    that, and the fact i really just think the guy is just flat nuts
  • Clintman wrote:
    I hope it was not saying sorry, I hope it was recognition that reaching community goals and not getting a tangible reward is lame. I have been bitterly disappointed with each community goal since the Hulk event. I thought this reward was great, and builds excitement

Ah man Clint, why'd you have to go and burst my happy bubble? LOL.

Reaching a community goal would make more sense. But I am going to CLING to the idea that it was a sorry with dear life to get a little more enjoyment out of the game. ~Puts fingers in ears. "LA LA LA LA LA LA"~ icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • image goes here
    TLDR version for ya: D3 does something nice that doesn't require $$ Person had absolutely no clue **** to do about that so freaks the **** out

I miss anything? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    [Parental Moment]While the OP's original thought process was not thought out enough, I don't think this post deserves "down-votes". Those are supposed to be reserved for when someone is being an asshat or what not. icon_neutral.gif

i always appreciate a good debate but this guy need to phrase his thoughts properly and in a less sensational manner, especially with a contrarian view. granted, this downvote of mine came after multiple threads of his with titles like

"How does Beee have a 3* Daken 5/3/5???"
    "really low class move D3"
    "why is my alliance of 5 competing with alliances of 20?"

so i might be a little biased.

edit: typo