Puzzle Gauntlet - German Translation Inconsistency

Options
I play with the language set to German and I notice there's a confusing inconsistency with the latest puzzle gauntlet. Normally, strike tiles are translated as Angriffsteile and attack tiles are translated as Induktionsteile. In this event, strike tiles are translated as Zugriffskacheln and, confusingly, attack tiles are translated as Angriffskacheln. Needless to say, for the first node of the top row, I was mistakenly expecting to need characters that create strike tiles rather than attack tiles.

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    I play with the language set to German and I notice there's a confusing inconsistency with the latest puzzle gauntlet. Normally, strike tiles are translated as Angriffsteile and attack tiles are translated as Induktionsteile. In this event, strike tiles are translated as Zugriffskacheln and, confusingly, attack tiles are translated as Angriffskacheln. Needless to say, for the first node of the top row, I was mistakenly expecting to need characters that create strike tiles rather than attack tiles.

Thank you for sharing...we are currently working on some of the translations in the game.  This is helpful to know, thank you!
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you. I've just remembered another minor issue with the German version. There's a problem with the translation for the description of Onslaught's green power. The power activates when a match 5 is made for levels 1-3 and for levels 4-5 only a match 4 is required, but in the German translation, it says that a match 5 (5er-Übereinstimmung) is required at all levels.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @LakeStone - While they are fixing translations, why did the Thug's description (English) on his 3 turn CD go from 'quick shot' to 'cheap shot'? A cheap shot is not what he's doing and if you click on his power description on the character itself it still says he gets off a quick shot, not a cheap one.
    KGB
  • frank42
    frank42 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Is there anything new on this topic? I happen to have the same confusion due to the mixed wording with SAP tiles and it doesn't seem to be resolved since. I still see lots of "old" and "new" german tile names in a lot of places. like powers, power descriptions, character descriptions, puzzle gauntlets etc. and since the game (at least the android version) does not provide a "change language" option in its settings, this makes some things quite confusing.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    frank42 said:
    Is there anything new on this topic? I happen to have the same confusion due to the mixed wording with SAP tiles and it doesn't seem to be resolved since. I still see lots of "old" and "new" german tile names in a lot of places. like powers, power descriptions, character descriptions, puzzle gauntlets etc. and since the game (at least the android version) does not provide a "change language" option in its settings, this makes some things quite confusing.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.  We looked into it and it seems like we had someone new that changed some of the translations from what was more familiar and it wasn't/isn't consistent.  It's not something that can be fixed immediately but we will work on it.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  • frank42
    frank42 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh, by the way, some more things about translations, if I may...

- The title of the waves are called "Starting wave x of y", whereas the german translation is "Erste Welle x von y", which would translate back to "First wave x of y", which is quite confusing. It should be something like "Starte Welle" or "Beginne Welle".

- Finished and redeemed quests (both daily and milestone) are marked with the word "ABSOLVIEREN", but that's the wrong terminus and it's too long for the button size to fit correctly, it should be 'EINLÖSEN' (according to the english term CLAIM that is used here).

- On the overview page of story maps and versus events, there's a counter in the upper right corner, right above the event-rewards button that shows the time left. The string "Zeit verbleibend" is too long, so the clock icon is sitting in the middle of the string.