Strategies and advice for noobs

13»

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Lightning Rounds: 

Run from 12pm EST Tuesday to 11:30am EST Thursday every week.  There are no shield ranks. These mini pvp events are good for 3 things:
     1) Getting extra iso for little effort
     2) Getting extra tokens with some effort
     3) Trying out new PVP teams 

The essential characters are always the same and they alternate each week between 3* heroes and villains: 
    Villains - Dr Doom, Loki, Ragnarok, Magneto, Mystique, Dr Octopus
     Heroes - Iron Man, Capt America, Psylocke, Daredevil, Gamora, Punisher

There are 2 ways of playing Lightning Rounds:
     1) Join in the very beginning to get easy seed team wins (seed teams show No Data when you try to look at their roster). You can get up to 10 seed team wins. 3*Thanos with any 5* character can win these on the 1st turn. These easy wins can get you up to 229 or 245 points. You then want to play at least 1 more match with a “real” team and surpass 250 points for another token. You’ll then get hit repeatedly by bigger rosters though. You could stop here and call it done, OR….,

2) Join late after the initial bloodbath, about 30 min in. You’ll have to beat real teams but you’ll get attacked much less, so climbing to 250 points is not hard, but may require health packs. I think this method is best for getting placement rewards. 

*Going for the Heroic token placement rewards? Then do your final climb in the last 15 minutes. A final score of 275 - 325 should work. If you don’t have the time for this, then you could go with Method #1 and spend just 5 minutes to get 3K ISO. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Sometimes less is more

I've been really busy at work lately (at least in one of my jobs). As a result, I've been working late. This has lead to me having less time to play and visit the forum. To keep stress low while still enjoying the game, I decided to take the following minimalist approach:
    1. Only check in on forums every 2-3 weeks. It means I miss out on forum contests, but notifications and new threads never actually go away so I can check those anytime.
    2. Play Deadpool Daily and complete daily quests every night as I wind down for bed.
    3. Skip PvE for now and assist in alliance battles when I can. My alliance is pretty chill and the grind takes too much time and isn't worth the stress.
    4. Only play PvP in the last 24 hours to top 50-100, then shield and forget about it.
    5. Hoard. I've missed out on covers for May and Doc Ock. Soon I will miss out on covers for Rhino. By hoarding, I can favorite one of those characters and use shards to catch up when I break the hoard.
    If I had tried to play full throttle at this time, I'm sure I would have burned out and said "screw this game." Instead, I'm still enjoying the game. If you find yourself with little time but still want to play, give this strategy a try.