Week 10 Boost 5* (Black Panther, Colossus, Gambit, Samurai Daken)

Options
HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
The MVP for Week 10 boost can only be Colossus. Runner up is probably BP.
Level 569 Colossus stats:
205k hp
83% match damage reduction + 126% match damage increment
Yellow match-3: 16k / 56k Crit
Black match-3: 14k / 50k Crit
Blue match-3: 12k / 43k Crit
PVP
Black Panther / Colossus should be common (90%) because BP can help to take down Colossus with his passive quickly.
Colossus and OMD can be a fun pairing but your black ap will be converted to red. His repeaters deal 15k passive damage each every turn. You need to find a way to get those enemy special tiles out. I would ask for lots of Polaris teamup if I were using this team.

PVE
The next 2 PvEs after Alliance Event will be a breeze if you have Colossus champed.

I wish I had OMD champed.

What's your thought?

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Week of Colossus should be good. Question is who to pair him with.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon said:
    Week of Colossus should be good. Question is who to pair him with.
    Someone who makes crits is fun, like Chavez or Karnak
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Pair him with Rogue to triple your (crit) match damage. If opponent's strongest colour is yellow and you Gloved Off yellow, your critical yellow-match 3 deals 168k damage. It should be enough to 1-shot many characters.

Replace the above scenario with yellow match-4 critical match and you are dealing at least 224k damage.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Pair him with Rogue to triple your (crit) match damage. If opponent's strongest colour is yellow and you Gloved Off yellow, your critical yellow-match 3 deals 168k damage. It should be enough to 1-shot many characters.

Replace the above scenario with yellow match-4 critical match and you are dealing at least 224k damage.

Killmonger also helps his match damage in the enemy's strongest colour too. (+100 - 150% depending on level on Killmongers first power)

Very effective against things like okoye and Kitty who have black and yellow as strongest colours respectively.

D5ken is very fun to use when boosted. Works well enough with things like Gedoom and even Knull.

Also works with Apoc in particular. But not 100% well because you need a lot of black AP to fire apoc's black due to the drain after 6ap is stored.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three out of 4 of these have already been before - you would think they would not keep repeating as we have plenty to get through!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Three out of 4 of these have already been before - you would think they would not keep repeating as we have plenty to get through!
    Maybe they're trying to isolate what happens with characters like Black Panther when they're away from their common meta-buddy (thano5 in that case). Or maybe the rotation is now just randomly drawn?

Outside the shared damage reduction Panther and Colossus have, I don't know that I see too much in the way of synergy there, so I'll be curious to see what that looks like. I have all of them champed except panther, so y'all are going to catch me running some Gambit nonsense for a little bit at least. I could see OMD and Colossus working alright together though.

I do kind of suspect in PVP we'll see a return of the big Hulkoye teams since none of these characters does anything meaningful to combat them. OMD sort of does, but only if you have a massive green accelerant like Thor who won't last long against Hulk. Panther doesn't trigger move or be moved on AOE, so it could be that's the best counter.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I do kind of suspect in PVP we'll see a return of the big Hulkoye teams since none of these characters does anything meaningful to combat them. OMD sort of does, but only if you have a massive green accelerant like Thor who won't last long against Hulk. Panther doesn't trigger move or be moved on AOE, so it could be that's the best counter.
    Although a boosted 5Col with a 5Witch should still make it very easy to beat even a 550 Hulkoye team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Lol; completely forgot about 5Witch already, but you're right.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure BP will be all that effective paired with Colossus, because Colossus will tank everything over him (I think?).  BP has to be stunned or take big single target damage to use his passive, so he wants to be in front.

I suspect we'll see mostly Colossus/Daken, plus Colossus/various unboosted (SW, maybe Hulk, Apocalypse).

I wonder if Gambit is the actual best answer though.  He doesn't care about being in front, he makes his own AP, and he does power damage to get around Colossus's passive.  Normally Gambit is just too slow to use, but Colossus Week is going to be *very* slow anyway, no matter who you're using.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Do we know who the boosted 4*s are? 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    7/22 - 7/29 *NEW*
    • Black Panther (Civil War), Colossus (Phoenix Five), Gambit (Classic), Wolverine (Samurai Daken), Blade (Modern), Elektra (Unkillable), Miles Morales, Riri Williams, War Machine, Bullseye (Classic), Captain Marvel (Modern), Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius), The Hulk (Indestructible), Thanos (Modern), Hawkeye (Modern), Magneto (Marvel Now!), Black Widow (Modern), Spider-Man (Original)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Ok, so nobody who is likely to be overly helpful with this group. Maybe Gambit/Riri, or OMD/Elektr4, but it seems like those 4*s will get stomped out in a hurry.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit/Blade could be fun with Gambit passively feeding Bloodlust.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Stacked Deck is pretty slow, but bloodlust does slam pretty hard when Bl4de is boosted. I think even boosted though Gambit’s health is going to be too low to tank for long.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I forgot about the tanking, reduction and they share 2 colours. So, Panther will hardly get to trigger his passive. However his black power cd should be effective, especially if you get cascades? That extra 13k damage per match should be fine for 9 ap.

Gambit's red damage will be reduced by Colossus' damage reduction, so his only effective power is purple power. 569 Gambit cds deal about 25k damage each after 3 turns.

All in all, this pvp matchup could see more team combinations (even though Colossus is the core), compared to week 9. I'll take note to see how long it will take to finish a match against Colossus.

On the pve side of thing, it's unfortunate they are only boosted for 1 pve due to alliance event and 4-day pve.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I expect boosted Colossus should make PVP quite the slog w/o a hard hitting boosted 5*.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    I expect boosted Colossus should make PVP quite the slog w/o a hard hitting boosted 5*.
    Remember it's just match damage he negates, so anyone that hits hard, with cheap powers is probably going to be pretty effective.

I think I'll also bring a stunner... or two...

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they're trying to isolate what happens with characters like Black Panther when they're away from their common meta-buddy (thano5 in that case). Or maybe the rotation is now just randomly drawn?

Now that question is thrilling me.
    Are they doing this for to experimenting with older 5*s? They must know the player data base owning them, and players using them with godbost too. Changing partners with them should not be so relevant, in knowing more data.
    Hyphotesis 2: they already now all the data above and they are simply giving godbost to older 5*s for to players can use them. In that case each week the worst oldest 5*s will be repeating along with 2 modern 5*s, as oldest 5*s are less populated right now than moderns, we will see them a lot more.
    I guess time will tell. 
    Colossus and wanda should be the most used at least when players are high in the ranks, as colossus with daken actually don't have much sinergy and daken is slow even with a special tile partner. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So as we are now in week 10, things noticed or can be deduced:

1. The idea floated that they were scared of boosting meta characters or pairings was way off base. So we will presumably get Okoye.
    2. Certain 5's really come alive boosted Kilmonger for example
    3. Even incomplete/non champed 5's are getting used in PvP
    4. We could probably do with a larger boost for the 4s so 4* players have at least a chance against non champed but boosted 5s with 100k health pools
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it's time to retire the pick 2 format for the 3/4 daily pvps.  

Sure, give the featured character a boost of somekind. But it could be even more fun for the players to be able to pick a decent third and would give us more options vs the annoying boosted 5s.

EG, all this week i've been finding 97% of the time enemy Onslaughts and Profxes. Yes I can beat them in a mirror match. It's just random how much dmg I will take in return from the "random" match 4s and 5s they will get.