MPQ Year 9 Character Speculation/Wishlist

JHawkInc
JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
Anniversary 8 is this October, and likely most characters coming out between now and then are already in the pipeline. Once Anniversary 8 is behind us, we'll start the 9th year of MPQ. Assuming we keep the same basic rate, new characters every two weeks, alternating 5's and 4's, ignoring any weird hiccups, we're looking at 13 of each.

So... who would you like to see in the 9th year of MPQ?

Obviously we'll get some MCU tie-ins. Shang-Chi is likely to come out in the tail end of year 8, so year 9 will have some Eternals (and maybe Black Knight? I kinda think Shang Chi and Black Knight both would make good 3/5 releases, from the standpoint of introducing more people to those characters). A 4-star Strange kinda makes sense, maybe a chance for Nakia or M'Baku?

We haven't had as much in the way of D+ MCU tie-ins. US Agent? Maybe add Sylvie? Kamala Khan and She-Hulk are in a good position to add new 4's or 5's. Not sure who they could add for Hawkeye or Moon Knight (we'll have a better idea on all of them when we know more about the shows, as well as if some of them are even going to come out before MPQ hits year 10). What If has a lot of potential, maybe that WWII Steve in a Howard Stark Iron Man suit, or T'Challa Star-Lord, or a complete curveball with a Marvel Zombies reference?

I'm a tad behind to be using the comics for speculation. I've heard hints of Nimrod, Dormammu, some Spidey Clone action, and a "Sinister War" with two Sinister Six teams? (which features Rhino, King Cobra, Tarantula, and Stegron, on top of characters we already have).

Beyond using Marvel to predict possible characters, personal requests... I would add....

1. Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider), bonus points for a Sensational Spider-Man costume
2. Arcade
3. Richard Rider
4. Captain Britain
5. Some old school villain like Maggog or Absorbing Man
6. Hydra Bob
7. Mister Negative
8. Hit Monkey
9. Flesh out some existing groups. Another Young Avenger (Stature? Patriot?), more Asgardians (Odin? Sif? Warriors Three?), another Runaway. Doctor Strange could probably use some more allies.

So, who would you add in Year 9?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omega Red stays on my list for sure.
    Longshot
    Mojo
    Agatha Harkness
    I'm down for Absorbing Man for sure
    a good version of Emma Frost the white queen at 5* tier
    Night Thrasher
    Shatterstar
    Kang the Conqueror

I love the idea of Arcade, but I almost want him to be the personality behind Puzzle Gauntlet, maybe some sort of Arcade's Daily Challenge to give more access to supports, or else whatever the Boss Event version of a puzzle gauntlet might look like. Just seems right for the character
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I was thinking about how cool an arcade could be when I saw him pop up in M.O.D.O.K. recently, so I would definitely agree on him, as well as Mr. Negative.

red skull would be good (the fact that we are 8 years in and still don’t have him..)

I also would quite like a playable, non-boss version of ultron, just like we got for apocalypse.

I feel like most peoples lists are just filled mainly with villains at this point, so in general that’s my wish list 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really only want three characters.

1. 5* White Queen
    2. 5* Rogue
    3. Silver Sable
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    I've already suggested a lot of characters elsewhere, so I'll keep mine simple:

1. More members of the Runaways
    2. The rest of the Phoenix Five
    3. More S.H.I.E.L.D. characters
    There's just so much potential in those groups to take advantage of.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I don't read a lot of the comics, but would really like to see;

An actual decent 5star Ironman character. Riri is good in 4star tier. But both Rescue and Ironman are bad in 5star tier.

5star Venom to go with C5rnage and Knull. Maybe it could be Dillan?
  • Akoni
    Srheer0 said:

5star Venom to go with C5rnage and Knull. Maybe it could be Dillan?
    YES! I'm with you on this one.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* shards in the DDQ. Perhaps also a weekly puzzle in lieu of the gauntlet. I guess cool characters as well
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:

1. Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider), bonus points for a Sensational Spider-Man costume
    2. Arcade
    3. Richard Rider
    Solid top 3, especially Richard Rider for me. He's been my answer on every survey that asks for years.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Red Skull
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Batman.  I vote for Batman in their poll every time, and I still can't believe he's not in game.  It's a huge missed opportunity for the devs.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odin
    Beyonder
    Omega Red
    Blackheart
    Shuma-Gorath
    Playable versions of Ultron and Mephisto
    Rich Rider
    Franklin Richards
    Psylocke (either X-Force or Captain Britain)
    X-23 (X-Force)
    Lady Deathstrike
    Emma Frost (Phoenix Five)
    Valeria Richards
    Crystal
    Moira MacTaggert
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blackheart
    Shuma-Gorath
    Omega Red
    Dormammu
    Galactus
    Surtur
    Kaecilius
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Damn, 8 years already

maybe a 3* / 5* simultaneous release of Speedball/Penance like with gambit or archangel/angel
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    More villains powerful enough to be meta, for to compensate the game:
    Omega red
    Khang
    Lady strike 
    Bullseye
    Dark Phoenix 
    Red skull
    Sentinel
    Enchantress
    Psylocke
    Sabretooth
    Mandarin 

• Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Red Skull
    He's a top 10 super villain of all time, marvel or DC. The fact that hes not in this game is shameful. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Some not mentioned yet:
    Man-Thing
    Hellcow
    Cosmo
    Rawhide Kid

Kang would make a good boss for a new alliance event. But that probably won’t be until the Ant Man and Wasp film comes out.
  • Akoni
    Batman.  I vote for Batman in their poll every time, and I still can't believe he's not in game.  It's a huge missed opportunity for the devs.
    Odin
    Red Skull
    FitzSimmons
    Batman? Fitzsimmons... as in Jimmy Fitzsimmons? I see some of us like to do a little trolling?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fitz + Simmons from Agents of Shield is who that one is. 

I'd take Skateboard Batman (Night Thrasher) any day though.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    The Shroud who aged 10 had his parents gunned down in front of him and vowed to fight crime is the real Marvel Batman, then they also made him Daredevil and I guess sort of Cloak too to try and avoid a fairly unhappy DC!
    Speaking of The Shroud - it would be groovy to get him to have a power where some of The Night Shift could be summoned! What a cool Halloween relaese that would be! Although I think Werewolf by Night probably deserves his own character release.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    I as others have mentioned would also like a cool powerful 5* Iron Man and my preference would be:
    It is now 2021 so we are overdue!
    And if we are going to have Arno why not the "guy" whose Limited Series he debuted in?