God-boosted 5*s paving the way for character buffs?

13»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before the boost, something like 45 or 46 of the 50 5* needed to be buffed to be usable at all.  That was just never going to happen.

Now, almost everyone is usable when they're boosted.  There are a few guys that are so awful that even at +100 levels, they're *still* bad.  This would be Banner, Iron Man, Starlord, probably Wasp, probably Kingpin...maybe one or two others.

Since the number is so low I think it might actually be possible.  The problem is that these guys are so bad that they might need to be completely redone, but at least it's less work than redoing the entire tier.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before the boost, something like 45 or 46 of the 50 5* needed to be buffed to be usable at all.  That was just never going to happen.

Now, almost everyone is usable when they're boosted.  There are a few guys that are so awful that even at +100 levels, they're *still* bad.  This would be Banner, Iron Man, Starlord, probably Wasp, probably Kingpin...maybe one or two others.

Since the number is so low I think it might actually be possible.  The problem is that these guys are so bad that they might need to be completely redone, but at least it's less work than redoing the entire tier.
    No iron man was good back in the day.  He’d be usable depending on who qualifies as a teammate.  Kingpin could be a massive meat shield.

Personally the only ones I would rework are banner, wasp, rescue, and star load for sure.

it’s like they were built for some other mode that devs backtracked on
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, I like all of their powers except Wasp's. I think all those are useful and fun to play with. I think Wasp should be the first in line to get a relook of her power sets.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    If Banner had Hulk reliably scale up to his boost level, I think we could take him off the list.  
    I like his power set.  And that extra match would pack a punch with the match damage meta going on with god boosting.

I pretty much agree, that Wasp is really the only one crying for a rebalance right now.  
    Plus who knows what might happen when Ant-Man 3 comes out.  
    Knock on wood.

Edit: maybe with Banner tho, the one real easy rebalance they could do, is for Hulk to gain AP for his matches.  That would be nice.  
    Or on the other hand, leave out the AP and instead give him a big damage boost on his colors once he transforms.  Either way, make it so you really don’t want that guy to transform into Hulk. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    So...seems like there's general agreement with OP's premise, which is that most of the 5* are ok now but there are 1-4 guys that need adjusting before they're usable when boosted.  One way they can figure out who those guys are is to see who's not being used on their boost week.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    So...seems like there's general agreement with OP's premise, which is that most of the 5* are ok now but there are 1-4 guys that need adjusting before they're usable when boosted.  One way they can figure out who those guys are is to see who's not being used on their boost week.
    That’s one way to approach it.

let the demonstration be its own proof
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    ...snip...
    Either way, make it so you really don’t want that guy to transform into Hulk. 
    I remember early on in my MP3 career I ended up in a PvP battle with Hulk. He transformed and I was o-bliterated. I was terrified of him for the next couple of years, at least. Well into 4* land. Obviously it was visceral fear but wow! was it ever well-founded. Now though, times have changed!

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:
    ...snip...
    Either way, make it so you really don’t want that guy to transform into Hulk. 
    I remember early on in my MP3 career I ended up in a PvP battle with Hulk. He transformed and I was o-bliterated. I was terrified of him for the next couple of years, at least. Well into 4* land. Obviously it was visceral fear but wow! was it ever well-founded. Now though, times have changed!

I mistakenly started pulling LLs when Th5r was still in LL with ghostrider and another (I was in 3star land. Maybe not even all of them champed).  

I pulled I think a red ghostrider cover and thought it was the best thing ever. Then I started to see Th5rs in PVP and thought he was the most broken thing ever.

I now don't fear th5rs and farm them. They are Puny Gods as Hulk said himself.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kingpin has his week to shine! Sadly for him they chose Apocalypse as a running mate! I wonder who will get more use?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kingpin has his week to shine! Sadly for him they chose Apocalypse as a running mate! I wonder who will get more use?
    I'm going to try running my old buddy Fi5k, at least for a bit. I imagine prioritizing his black with either Colossus or Scarlet Witch (probably better since they don't really compete for active colors) will make for a highly obnoxious defensive team. But it's going to be hard to compete with IcePocalypse and it's stun immunity/power boosting/damage absorbtion. That team is going to wreck.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    I'm going to try running my old buddy Fi5k, at least for a bit. I imagine prioritizing his black with either Colossus or Scarlet Witch (probably better since they don't really compete for active colors) will make for a highly obnoxious defensive team. But it's going to be hard to compete with IcePocalypse and it's stun immunity/power boosting/damage absorbtion. That team is going to wreck.

What level is your Fi5k and what slice are you playing in? Asking for a friend... ;)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like...453 base level with 440 shards on deck. I had to check because I almost never run him lol. I'll be in Slice one, I'll see you in the streets lol
  • DAZ0273
    edited July 2021
    Looks like...453 base level with 440 shards on deck. I had to check because I almost never run him lol. I'll be in Slice one, I'll see you in the streets lol

:D Tally-ho!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont think the usage of 5*s could be used for to set the layground for a rebalance, as there are just 4 5*s per week.
    So people will use in first place, the character they have. In second place, if they have 3, the 2 best character more leveled or at least the 2 more sinergyed, rainbow color, etc...
    And third if they have them at low levels or if they are too bad, not using them.

Too hard to analyze all that for them. 

No, the best and easy way for them to gauge the impact of those 5*s is reading our feedback. 
    They must already know wich characters are desperately bad and needing a rebalance, if they are interested in doing so.

Personally I think they should be glad with the relative success of the addition and they will only adress their resources to create new characters.