Anyone not opening hoard on the LL 5 trio ?

Options
13»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw this set as I'm sure many in a similar situation did.....someone who went for big Okoye (long ago). It was a way to help out in PVP and PVE. It was my only big character for a long time.

So then I went with smaller Thor; best option to pair with her.
    But iHulk made that worthless.
    So then I went with iHulk; best option to pair with her. Small is all you needed.
    But Scarlett Witch made that worthless.
    So then I went with SW; best option to pair with her. Small is all you needed...but larger will live longer, it's better to have big SW than it was to have big iHulk.

When so many people have one character very big for one area of the game (PVE); it makes sense they're looking for whatever goes along with that biggest character. Hard to move away 550 Okoye for 'only' 450 two other things - only can move fully away for a hoard.

To go for this hoard: would depend on if what you have will work with it, and how big you can get these characters. Seems like most that broke here just are using the 550's in this set - even if they have many other big characters, two slow-down characters are better on defense than anything else. Then, if you had Okoye: switch to that to climb, I've seen that very often.

Big Okoye only? Go for it, your old options are now cupcakes. Can get SW/Col both huge? Go for it.

Have BRB already, were competing before? Don't like slow teams? Then I'd hoard on.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Right now, in shield simulator (baby champed mmr of <460), it's filled with SW/Colossus + mostly Apocalypse. In pick 2, I'm expecting to see more SW/Apocalypse and SW/Colossus once the boost is over. This defensive meta will be helpful even if you don't play pvp a lot. They are just as useful in SCL 10, especially in challenge nodes. If you are still considering, you have only about 12-16 hours to make a decision before Colossus gets boot out of Latest Legends.