Buy a 1x Heroic Cover Pack in the shop

Options
JHawkInc
JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
It's dirty.

It's shifty as hell to attack milestones to spending to begin with.

But it's also common knowledge that the best use of HP is to buy roster slots until you have ALL characters rostered. Which means meeting that milestone is directly against the best interest of players. You're using milestones to trick people into making their play experience worse.

Not cool.

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The game gave you a free heroic and shards for your favorite 3* and 4* characters since they paid you back for the 100 hp you spent. It would only be dirty if they said to buy a 40 pack and then rewarded you with like 500 iso.
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pat1985 said:
    What's dirty is when you have 2,373 heroic tokens saved so in order to buy that one token you need to open 2,373 other tokens...
    Haha...there are so many ppl in this situation. I laughing 🤣 too much when I saw the milestone
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Odd I don't see this milestone.  Is this in the daily where it can be different?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    Odd I don't see this milestone.  Is this in the daily where it can be different?
    its like the new milestones are drip-fed (not all available right away) and completing a specific one means you get access to a few more.  Likely you've not done the preceding one to this.  Think the idea is to walk a newbie through stuff

ie do this match 4 get a bonus - now do this - move enemies around and buy a token

I noticed if I did something like the moving enemies, then i sometimes got 4 or 5 milestones unlocked as new ones would pop that I'd auto-completed
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine was kind of auto-available; it should be under the Milestones. That new block of quests were sort of appearing for me progressively across my burning through that new prologue event, they didn't show up all at once. so keep your eye on it, it may arrive as you do stuff.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can confirm I can’t claim it because I have multiple saved tokens. Looks like you are required to spend HP to get the milestone.  

Blarg.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pat1985 said:
    What's dirty is when you have 2,373 heroic tokens saved so in order to buy that one token you need to open 2,373 other tokens...

Something tells me the lack of reward isn't going to severely hamper your gaming experience if you're sitting on that many tokens.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Pat1985 said:

Something tells me the lack of reward isn't going to severely hamper your gaming experience if you're sitting on that many tokens.
    Indeed, whenever they eventually work their way through all of those tokens, they will still have the free one to claim at that point, so it's not actually costing them anything.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe off topic for this thread, but what is the point of hoarding that many heroics?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    It's dirty.

But it's also common knowledge that the best use of HP is to buy roster slots until you have ALL characters rostered. Which means meeting that milestone is directly against the best interest of players. You're using milestones to trick people into making their play experience worse.

Not cool.
    It's a free buy as the reward is 100 HP.

What I'm not happy with is the 25 HP for buying a roster slot. For veteran rosters that's 25 HP for spending 1000 or 2000 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's quite an overreaction. The dev added in extra HP for new players to be gained in Milestones, which definitely totals up to more than 100HP. They don't have to spend real money to spend the 100HP to open a heroic token. As for Veterans, the spend 100HP on HT would have been autocompleted when that milestone pops up.

Let's do a quick calculation.

If a player has 0 HP to start with, gained at least 100 HP (let's make it 100HP for easy calculatiom) over the course of completing the new prologue or the new players' milestones, spent it on buying one HT that cost 100HP and got back 100HP for doing that, how many HP does the player have now?

0+100-100+100= 100HP.

Besides, they already had a "spend HP on shield" milestone when they first launched. If HP is really a problem, players can always complete the milestones in the future, why rush to complete all? The devs threw in additional free HP for news players starting out and this got thrown out because of spend 100HP on HT milestone.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loosie said:
    What I'm not happy with is the 25 HP for buying a roster slot. For veteran rosters that's 25 HP for spending 1000 or 2000 
    This auto-completed for me, so was a free 25HP.  Even if it didn't just wait until the next new character when you'd buy the roster slot anyway and it's a free 25HP.  There's no downside to milestones, it's rewards for doing stuff you're doing anyway.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Context is important. All these new milestones are targeted at new players. Naturally, you wouldn't be expecting 500 or 1000HP to be given. As for Veterans, many of the "resource intensive" would have been autocompleted. 

Based on other player's report, a total of 335HP can be gained from these new milestones.  Isn't that nice? 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    JHawkInc said:
    It's dirty.

Not cool.
    It's a free buy as the reward is 100 HP.

But we buy every 2 weeks anyway.  So it’s not really an issue if your keeping up with new releases
  • lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You don't have to complete every milestone right away. You know they can just sit there.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,859 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wont be completing this Milestone until Morbius is in packs as I have a lot of unopened Heroics and to auto-complete you must have had to buy the Heroic within a certain recent timeframe. No big deal though, is it?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    It's dirty.

Not cool.

I will only agree with that statement when they give us a milestone which is something like "do a 40 pull on a new character  release vault / event". You know the ones I am talking about, the ones which are 1:250 odds for a single pull of a new 5star.