22 minutes

2»

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    Astrolad said:
    PiMacleod said:
      My only thing I'm still interested in is if she'll be a better choice to kill Doc Ock's reactor in the Sinister Six.
    I always use Hellcat for him. Purple to place all his tiles in the bottom row, then Red to remove them. He used to be the worst of the Sinister Six. Now he is the easiest. 
    FIghting Doc Ock is TA Hulk's time to shine.  Bring him along or his TU.
    I always enjoy spamming so many special tiles onto the board that Doc Ock can't drop his tile and is immediately stunned.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the OP question is: do you enjoy playing long matches (and therefore, likely fewer matches) or short matches?

It's a philosophical game question I've seen through the years. It depends on game type (PVP hop vs. PVP float vs PVE for high placement).

It would seem many of the recent characters - SW, Colossus, now Monica - are being built with a very defensive thought process - which is to slow down the game, the matches. Is that what players want, or what the devs want?

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    I'm finding the more support style characters great to bring out some dead weight from the roster. Some of these characters really validate others that have been sitting unused for a long while. That said, these recent entries also take extra attention to utilize properly, they're simply more complex than not. To that end, I see them as a prime choice to change up an anti meta team, to support a themed character, but not as additions that add or change the duo choices like any mixture of Grocket/ Juggernaut/ Polaris/ Kitty.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see those different styles as options.

For example, I use Thorpocalypse against Kitty/BRB/Polaris to finish a match quickly or I use Polaris/BRB/5* Storm or Wiccan against them to draw out matches and enjoy watching destruction.

PvPs have some elements of psychology involved. Humans either move away from something or move towards something. It's something subjective. For example, in the past, I moved away from iHulkoye because I perceived them as dangerous. After seeing how such enemies have high points that can help me reach my goal faster and realising how their fearsomeness seem exaggerated, I started seeking them out. 

Likewise, I can put out defensive characters to minimise the chance of getting attacked, which allows me to float higher without shielding. Or I can go for glass cannon team but they allow me to win matches quickly. So, I don't think it's a dev vs player thing, but it's more of a what choices can I make and which one do I think is the best choice for certain situation or goal. Some players just want to hit 575 or 725 easily and they get out of pvp, and some want to hit 3000 or 4000 quickly and shield up. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does putting out a defensive-oriented team actually deter attacks?  I tend to target those teams because I know I can beat them much faster than they can beat me.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2021
    I seem to get a lot more retaliation and even new attacks when I put out something like Thorkoye. Still one of my favorite teams to use.   And then also I load up on the loaner to further bait attackers.

in fact, Thorkoye 2099 is how I spend most of my time in Sim.  I just find the team very fun to use.  Drop in win a couple matches and feels good because you know you left some opponent with an easy target to hit back.

It might be my imagination but I do seem to get hit more and have better immediate queue options.  I get hit also if I use Hulkoye or Kitty BRB but more often those are just going to be more Hulkoye and BRB.  Which is cool, I just skip the high level ones.
    but playing for fun mostly, I find throwing out non current meta teams to be very worthwhile.

I think for me I just tend to skip any Carbage, not because hard to beat but it’s just not any fun for me.  

Edit: I mean if it’s the last hours of event and I am doing my little climb before shielding, I will totally look for Carbage teams with high values.  But just in general most of the time, seeing his face is an immediate skip.  I think everything is annoying about that character.
    the only good thing is with Polaris you get that free first round chance to multiply tiles. But it’s not worth the annoyance in general for me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends on who one uses against that team.

If I'm using BRB and Polaris/Kitty and I see Carbage and Polaris, I'll skip them. If I'm using iHulkoye, I might skip them because I had past experiences where those attack and strike tiles spawn on green basic tiles and my iHulkoye was basically sitting duck.

If I see Onslaught/Prof $, I'll might or might not skip them because my team will be heavily injured frequently due to their godly match-4 and cascades, even if I win the match. If I see Okoye and she is paired with non-IHulk, I'll beat them even their Okoye is 550 or 5XX, provided that their points are decent. 

Between a 450 Carbage/Polaris and iHulkoye, I'll rather bring BRB/Polaris against iHulkoye.

So, it all depends on who you use,  who you are using it against and your past experiences playing againt those teams.