22 minutes

Options
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
22 minutes to complete the Monica Rambeau vs. Monica Rambeau battle.

is that fun?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I set a timer, I was able to do it in 2:52.68.

I focused on red and purple, and tried to fire my red where it would hit maximum red and purple (doing my strong color damage). Eventually I had 3x purple tiles out and the AI fired a power, thereby killing themselves. “Fun” is relative, but 22 minutes is objectively too long I’d say lol
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I lost twice due to match 4 cascade allowing her to get bombshells off. The third time I won but it took at least 10 minutes.
    She's horrifically slow and awful in 1v1.
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They can’t all be Polaris 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I set a timer, I was able to do it in 2:52.68.

I focused on red and purple, and tried to fire my red where it would hit maximum red and purple (doing my strong color damage). Eventually I had 3x purple tiles out and the AI fired a power, thereby killing themselves. “Fun” is relative, but 22 minutes is objectively too long I’d say lol
    Wait... that worked?!

I SWEAR... ....I had TWO of my purples out there, and the enemy threw out a power at one point... and it only did the damage once.

...it's on my latest YouTube vid.  Maybe I didn't see the damage right...  

But still, it doesn't make me chalk her up to being any better of a character.  My only thing I'm still interested in is if she'll be a better choice to kill Doc Ock's reactor in the Sinister Six.
  • McPosterson
    McPosterson Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why not retreat.   Try again and boost
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her purple deals the most damage at 3968 and they stack. If you put 3 of her CDs out and opponent fires her power, she eats 11,904 damage.

What I did is to focus on purple
    or red followed by collecting colours that I don't have six in. This is important because you want to make sure you can destroy her repeater in any colour, with up to 12 red ap stored.. After you've done this, let her take all the red ap. Before she fires her power, lay out all your CD tiles and watch her explode.

Here's a  4 min 52 secs video of a pretty bad board of Monica vs Monica, where I seldom match red or purple in the beginning.

https://streamable.com/4w7tlu

22 mins is too long. Based on some of the past threads of your unusually long matches, they probably have to do with unfamiliarity of characters' powers and synergies; thus, causing you to take a longer time than usual to finish matches.

• PiMacleod
    Options
    well -- Okay then... I must've looked at the damage readout wrong then... I can't have seen it right if there's a couple of confirmations right here in front of me.  :)
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It's probably her animation blocking you from seeing your damage output clearly. You had two CDs out and she ate 7k+ damage.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Well, cool.  Glad to know it worked.  It was past midnight when i typed that and didnt wanna skip sleep to go and "check the tape".  :tongue:
  • KGB
    Options
    I think the problem is that it wasn't at all clear that multiple Purple CD's would be triggered by 1 enemy power firing. So I only ever put 1 on the board when I thought Mockingbird might fire her Purple/Red.
    Knowing Purple stacks makes things quite different, presuming you can get a Purple rich board (one of my 3 tries was starved of Purple and of course Mockingbird wants it too).
    It's still a terrible fight to showcase her skills.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    KGB said:
    I think the problem is that it wasn't at all clear that multiple Purple CD's would be triggered by 1 enemy power firing. So I only ever put 1 on the board when I thought Mockingbird might fire her Purple/Red.
    Knowing Purple stacks makes things quite different, presuming you can get a Purple rich board (one of my 3 tries was starved of Purple and of course Mockingbird wants it too).
    It's still a terrible fight to showcase her skills.
    KGB
    What happens if you match-4 on that fight with a bunch of CDs out, and Mockingbird fires a free power? Does it trigger the CDs?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her CDs work like Strange's Passive, though in a more convoluted way. I'm not sure the interaction with Mockingbird, but I know the Mindless One's triggered it while Polaris does not. I would guess Mockingbird/F4antastic are coded as passives, like Polaris, so would not trigger.
  • KGB
    Options
    I've noticed her CD does damage to the person who fired a power (hence the ability to hit invisible/airborne characters). But unlike Strange's passive, the damage is delivered directly to the person who used the power instead of the front character (like Strange).
    Has anyone used a TU power yet? With no one firing the power does that mean no one gets damaged and if so, does the CD go off? Wondering if you could fire a TU to get rid of her CD's without taking damage.
    KGB
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options

is that fun?

You know... you could chose another character?  You aren't locked into using the Monica Loaner.
    But for the sake of the argument: Mirror match was 5 minutes and 31 seconds
    Using Prof X instead: 12 seconds.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    abmoraz said:

is that fun?

You know... you could chose another character?  You aren't locked into using the Monica Loaner.
    But for the sake of the argument: Mirror match was 5 minutes and 31 seconds
    Using Prof X instead: 12 seconds.
    OP is a 3* player though
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I think he has a usable Polaris (2/4/5?). Slap some support that generates special tile on her and it's all over.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally I always find it fun to do the mirror match for that. It's also good practice for the PVP. This one was a bit slow, but definitely quicker than Silk.
  • Astrolad
    Astrolad Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
      My only thing I'm still interested in is if she'll be a better choice to kill Doc Ock's reactor in the Sinister Six.
    I always use Hellcat for him. Purple to place all his tiles in the bottom row, then Red to remove them. He used to be the worst of the Sinister Six. Now he is the easiest. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    y’all didn’t run Vulture at 5/4/4 and just steamroll that event? 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Astrolad said:
    PiMacleod said:
      My only thing I'm still interested in is if she'll be a better choice to kill Doc Ock's reactor in the Sinister Six.
    I always use Hellcat for him. Purple to place all his tiles in the bottom row, then Red to remove them. He used to be the worst of the Sinister Six. Now he is the easiest. 
    FIghting Doc Ock is TA Hulk's time to shine.  Bring him along or his TU.