5* Deadpool synergy

Options
KC_Hammer
KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
I keep seeing PvP teams with 5* Deadpool and Polaris, but they don't seem like they synergize all that well together. I'm seeing them paired together often enough that it seems like I'm missing something. Is there some synergy there that I just don't see?

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Without knowing all the details (slice you play, SCL level you choose) my first guess is that it is an above average 4* player playing with the best 4* out there and one of the only 5*s they have that is levelled/champed.  Since D5 was recent, and also appeared in two special vaults after his release, it is possible that they have him at a decent level ot use but not many other 5*s.

Again, just my initial guess.  As a 5* playing in SCL10 PVP, I never, ever see Polaris with 5DP.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I also seem to see this Pick 2 quite a bit in PvP. I like to target them though my Polaris has occasionally pays for it if DP lucks into black. The closest thing to a synergy I can see is that Burritonement option on Penance Fare destroys three strikes for 3 additional green AP, and Polaris loves herself some destroyed strikes. So in most cases it is likely just players putting their highest covered 5* out in hopes to discourage retals. That is also how I understand Karnak/Polaris teams in Pick 2. 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Ah, I didn't think about the green destroying specials. that does make some sense. and having all the vaults with DP makes sense for why so many people have him as their highest 5. Thanks. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's a double hit if you can get both passives to go off at the same time.
    It's pretty powerful. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D5adpool is underrated.  

Alot of the time you want to match the enemy's strongest colour (brb green etc) to deny them firing a power. And the extra damage adds up.

His red deals good damage and has a stun effect similar to d3redevil. Where you want to match or protect a tile on the board to keep stunning an enemy after you fire it.

The fact that all his powers are quite cheap is one of his biggest strengths. And it's hard for an AI to use his black wrongly. So he can be very dangerous on defense.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Without knowing all the details (slice you play, SCL level you choose) my first guess is that it is an above average 4* player playing with the best 4* out there and one of the only 5*s they have that is levelled/champed.  Since D5 was recent, and also appeared in two special vaults after his release, it is possible that they have him at a decent level ot use but not many other 5*s.

Again, just my initial guess.  As a 5* playing in SCL10 PVP, I never, ever see Polaris with 5DP.
    As a 5* player playing in SCL10 PvP how are you unaware that PvP SCL has no affect on the opponents you see? As for your Deadpool reasoning, I’d say it’s pretty spot on. The two were released ~roughly~ the same time so I’m sure there was a good bit of overlap of people burning LTs for Polaris shards once she was favoritable and Deadpool having just entered LTs. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    As a 5* player playing in SCL10 PvP how are you unaware that PvP SCL has no affect on the opponents you see? 
    Because I didn't know that.  I play SCL 10 Slice 2 and never, ever, ever see my alliance members in it even though they all play a different slice in SCL 10.  Just assumed it worked that way and never knew otherwise.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    As a 5* player playing in SCL10 PvP how are you unaware that PvP SCL has no affect on the opponents you see? 
    Because I didn't know that.  I play SCL 10 Slice 2 and never, ever, ever see my alliance members in it even though they all play a different slice in SCL 10.  Just assumed it worked that way and never knew otherwise.
    If your alliance mates play in a different slice you would never see them,  you only play against players in the same slice as you.  Scl is what makes no difference.   If you play scl9 you can que players in the same slice as you playing in scl8 or scl 10. 

Your roster strength determines what players you can que within your slice.  If you climb high enough where there aren't people in your roster strength range though you can "break mmr" and see teams that are drastically weaker or stronger than yours. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* Dead Pool is one of my favorite 5 stars in quite some time - I am strangely delighted by the fact that he gives you an extra spicy taco if you use him at least once every day. Sadly, mine is only 1/3/3, so I typically only use him in the final fight in the Deadpool Daily, appropriately enough. With 3* Pool giving us Deadpool points, it makes me wish that 4* Pool gave us some benefit to using him once a day - maybe one taco of a randomly selected type? 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    5* Dead Pool is one of my favorite 5 stars in quite some time - I am strangely delighted by the fact that he gives you an extra spicy taco if you use him at least once every day. Sadly, mine is only 1/3/3, so I typically only use him in the final fight in the Deadpool Daily, appropriately enough. With 3* Pool giving us Deadpool points, it makes me wish that 4* Pool gave us some benefit to using him once a day - maybe one taco of a randomly selected type? 
    Does he give Whale points as well?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only 3* Deadpool gives whale points. 4* Deadpool just gives you countdowns whenever one of your friends takes some damage.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not chasing 5* Deadpool is probably my biggest recent regret with this game and I ended up with a meagre 0/2/1 build. At least I get the spicy token I guess.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    He’s not that hot honestly if you have other options. I thought he’d be a Spider-Man 2099 replacement, but I find Profe$$or X still outclasses him in that role on my roster.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know he isn't meta but I like him and the AI seems able to play him on defence, he has caught me out a couple of times with Penance Fare. I have Apoc, BRB, Kitty, Prof, Thor etc so I am not missing out but every now and then somebody comes along and you think I would have liked to have champed them regardless instead of having an 11 cover Adam Warlock who I struggle to fit on teams.
  • Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I clicked this hoping to get a clue as to who best synergizes with Deadpool 5*!  This Welcome to SHIELD vs. Mordo/Thing/SL with all of them on steroids is kicking me, and I can't Whale Mary as usual when a battle is too tough.  My Deadpool is champed, as are over 20 other 5*s, but I can't seem to find a working combo.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had more trouble with a champed De5dpool than an undercovered one. In a team with Monica and Kitty, a champ DP makes too many of the matches and can be one-shot by the opponent. You need Monica with her 100k + health to take a hit and have DP for the penance fare.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    "synergy" is such a strong word for Ghostpool. He's okay on his own, but as previously mentioned I just brought Yellowjacket with him and let him go invisible.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Wyntre said:
    I clicked this hoping to get a clue as to who best synergizes with Deadpool 5*!  This Welcome to SHIELD vs. Mordo/Thing/SL with all of them on steroids is kicking me, and I can't Whale Mary as usual when a battle is too tough.  My Deadpool is champed, as are over 20 other 5*s, but I can't seem to find a working combo.
    @Wyntre
    My DP is underleveled, but managed it easily with America plus AP boosts.  Crits galore.  Attack Thing, try not to let Mordo fire nukes, but if he does, the loaner Monica should be able to take a few hits (try and setup purple matches when you're about to get nuked so Monica can take the hit).  Gather tons of black for Penance Fare after getting nuked for a while.  Fire red to stop SL from lowering AP costs.  Purple to up their firing costs... 
    But really the key is to let them nuke you a few times and Penance Fare them to death.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used America Chavez as well. My aps were almost stacked to the brim. I stunned Starlord and then use Penance Fare on Thing and destroyed red tiles, which also destroyed his CD tile and stunned Thing. Let Monica eat Mordo's power and Penance Fare him. The rest would be making matches, Penance Fare and Abyssal Blade.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used 5* Strange and it took awhile, but it was like a mini Puzzle Gauntlet trying to keep
    the opponent AP down. I don’t think I would repeat it but it was fun doing it once.