MARVEL Puzzle Quest R225 Release Notes (4/12/21)

2»

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Looks like MODOK got a new opponent. It was Peggy when I did it but now Gwenpool?
    Thank you for reporting this.  This was not intended to change and is a bug.  For the rest of the week it will be Gwenpool and we will fix this in future iterations.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yes, I presumed it was a change made thematically and possibly for difficulty reasons. MODOK is more of a support character and Peggy’s Legendary Presence is a big handicap in a solo fight, especially when one of MODOK’s powers is designed to be fired multiple times for all of its effects.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    CNash said:
    Yes, I presumed it was a change made thematically and possibly for difficulty reasons. MODOK is more of a support character and Peggy’s Legendary Presence is a big handicap in a solo fight, especially when one of MODOK’s powers is designed to be fired multiple times for all of its effects.
    MODOK is very much offensive.   He should be offensive, that's all he does in the comics and shows.  Sure he plans stuff but he'd rather blast the avengers since his AIM minions can never get the job done right.
  • prudie
    prudie Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    pheregas said:
    So I upgraded to the newest release R225 yesterday.  Due to milestones and whatnot, I don't open cover packs until after they reset.  So I didn't notice the new XP banner until this morning.

My question is, is the purple XP banner new? Cuz it certainly felt new.  And in the midst of already being sick to my stomach by the end of DDQ, to open covers and apply them now has yet another animated flashing thing.  

Seriously?  I'd look away, but I also like to know what rewards I'm getting and that's already hard enough.  It seems that for individuals like myself, the game is targeting us to quit.  This game should not include the mini-game of when it's safe to look at the screen and then randomly change the rules of the mini-game without notice.
    If you're asking about the banner in the top left that comes in when you add covers to characters, it's not new.  It wasn't as large before.
    It’s extra large now and unnecessary. Why they figured they had to do this for a flash pop out is beyond me. They really need to get their priorities in order. Changing for the sake of changing 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    prudie said:
    pheregas said:
    So I upgraded to the newest release R225 yesterday.  Due to milestones and whatnot, I don't open cover packs until after they reset.  So I didn't notice the new XP banner until this morning.

My question is, is the purple XP banner new? Cuz it certainly felt new.  And in the midst of already being sick to my stomach by the end of DDQ, to open covers and apply them now has yet another animated flashing thing.  

Seriously?  I'd look away, but I also like to know what rewards I'm getting and that's already hard enough.  It seems that for individuals like myself, the game is targeting us to quit.  This game should not include the mini-game of when it's safe to look at the screen and then randomly change the rules of the mini-game without notice.
    If you're asking about the banner in the top left that comes in when you add covers to characters, it's not new.  It wasn't as large before.
    It’s extra large now and unnecessary. Why they figured they had to do this for a flash pop out is beyond me. They really need to get their priorities in order. Changing for the sake of changing 
    I actually think this is a placeholder where something will go into. Maybe extra shield reward bonuses? Shard infos?

I don‘t think this is intentionally rolled out, more in preparation of things to come. It looks odd also because the XP circle just minimally goes over the line. Also the top UI might be changed soon and the top arrangement/placement is already for the new top menu.

Either way. It looks off-putting currently.