MARVEL Puzzle Quest R225 Release Notes (4/12/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone -

Here are the R225 Release Notes.

“Example well set”

• Mix up some chaos and magic with Scarlet Witch (WandaVision), now in select events!
  • The Power Stone Season is halfway through! There’s still time to make it to the top!

Additional Details:

• The "Missions In" timer for Boss events is now correctly accurate to the second.

Thank you for playing!

Note: Team currently working on updated Gameboard Fixes previously messaged HERE.

Comments

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    * New UI buttons for the story panels (next/skip)
    * New shield rank graphic on main menu and popup

(and I think the whole game now runs at a slower pace?! Restarted multiple times but it all seems to run at 75% of previous speed. But that might be personal perception, can anyone confirm?)
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Clue:  It better not be a 4* Vision.  He deserves to be 5* along with Wanda.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    supergarv said:
    * New UI buttons for the story panels (next/skip)
    * New shield rank graphic on main menu and popup

(and I think the whole game now runs at a slower pace?! Restarted multiple times but it all seems to run at 75% of previous speed. But that might be personal perception, can anyone confirm?)

1.   I don't see any new UI buttons
    2.  I can confirm the shield rank loss of texture.   It's only a circle now, the 3D effect of a raised circle is gone.
    3.   It seems slower but need others to also check this

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:

“Example well set”

Hmm -- could that perhaps be read as "X-ample"?
    Who's the amplest mutant?

Strong Guy - Marvel Comics - X-Factor - Guido Carosella - Profile -  Writeupsorg
    Blob Marvel  Villains Wiki  Fandom
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Game play doesn't seem any slower to me.

UPDATE: I may have spoken too soon. There does seem to be a longer delay at the end of the AI turn before the board is unlocked for your turn. The timing doesn't seem consistent though so sometimes it finishes as normal but then the next few turns there is the delay.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally have a chance to guess the next clue.  :D

Following Wanda's release, I thought of Agatha and when I googled "Agatha", I got

"Agatha as a girl's name is pronounced AG-a-thah. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Agatha is "good, honorable"."

I think that's an example well set.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I’d love it to be Agatha, but I’m wondering if it’ll be John Walker the US Agent from Flaptain & Winter Soldier? The well set example here being Steve Rogers Cap?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Not another Captain America.  :D

I think it's still early for them to release characters from that show, if we were to based it on WandaVision's character release timeline. They waited till the show was over before Wanda was released.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d love it to be Agatha, but I’m wondering if it’ll be John Walker the US Agent from Flaptain & Winter Soldier? The well set example here being Steve Rogers Cap?
    I had a similar thought about John Walker, but hesitated because our WandaVision character didn't come until a month after the show was over.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    When you add cover and gain experience, it used to be blue background. Now, it's purple. Someone in the dev team must have love purple a lot.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    “Example well set”
    I would love for this to be Master Mold (Molded = well set?) and a new Sentinel PVE event for it's release, but that may be wishful thinking
    This makes the most sense to me , as he sets a pattern. Of course Nimrod would be awesome with an anti- XMen power .  ( Pick a color all XMen powers are neutralized in ), or ( All team powers +100% for every XMen on opposing team ).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I upgraded to the newest release R225 yesterday.  Due to milestones and whatnot, I don't open cover packs until after they reset.  So I didn't notice the new XP banner until this morning.

My question is, is the purple XP banner new? Cuz it certainly felt new.  And in the midst of already being sick to my stomach by the end of DDQ, to open covers and apply them now has yet another animated flashing thing.  

Seriously?  I'd look away, but I also like to know what rewards I'm getting and that's already hard enough.  It seems that for individuals like myself, the game is targeting us to quit.  This game should not include the mini-game of when it's safe to look at the screen and then randomly change the rules of the mini-game without notice.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A 4* Agatha or Vision would be great because both would make ideal feeders for 5* Switch!
    KGB
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like MODOK got a new opponent. It was Peggy when I did it but now Gwenpool?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:
    So I upgraded to the newest release R225 yesterday.  Due to milestones and whatnot, I don't open cover packs until after they reset.  So I didn't notice the new XP banner until this morning.

My question is, is the purple XP banner new? Cuz it certainly felt new.  And in the midst of already being sick to my stomach by the end of DDQ, to open covers and apply them now has yet another animated flashing thing.  

Seriously?  I'd look away, but I also like to know what rewards I'm getting and that's already hard enough.  It seems that for individuals like myself, the game is targeting us to quit.  This game should not include the mini-game of when it's safe to look at the screen and then randomly change the rules of the mini-game without notice.
    If you're asking about the banner in the top left that comes in when you add covers to characters, it's not new.  It wasn't as large before.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like MODOK got a new opponent. It was Peggy when I did it but now Gwenpool?
    That's odd - mine shows that too, with a 0/1 for the LT, but since I defeated Peggy it's locked so I can't redo it. I wonder if Gwenpool is the opponent for Prowler who seems next based on the upcoming Offer in the store?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:

If you're asking about the banner in the top left that comes in when you add covers to characters, it's not new.  It wasn't as large before.
    Thanks.  I tend to stare pretty intently at the rewards area to see what I've actually gotten.  There's that one-second window between when the cover flashes on the screen before the next reward shows up.  Never noticed the banner before today.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's odd - mine shows that too, with a 0/1 for the LT, but since I defeated Peggy it's locked so I can't redo it. I wonder if Gwenpool is the opponent for Prowler who seems next based on the upcoming Offer in the store?
    I had Gwenpool but only played today so something has gone screwy.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes one in my alliance tried and failed against Peggy yesterday but did better against Gwen today.