Puzzle quest purple?

Options
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
How am I supposed to complete the quest to have 15 purple when they block all my purple generating characters and only let me use characters who Generate everything BUT purple. Btw, it’s pink, not purple...

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Use Mystique, save up enough blue and cast multiple times. Her purple can stun too.
  • Tanglefoot
    edited April 2021
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Use Mystique, save up enough blue and cast multiple times. Her purple can stun too.
    Nah...I gathered a total of 13 blue AP across all 3 missions - that’s matching blue gems 4 times in 3 games.  Only 1 blue tile even visible the entire first match. Pretty sure I could not save up enough blue AP to change enough tiles before I died anyway. Flipping 5 tiles at a shot for a maximum of 3 times would average 7 or 8 purples, and that would mean getting 30 blue first, which is pretty hard if the game avoids dropping blues for the mission. And to have a chance there would have to be at least 8 “purple” on the board first. Maybe it would be more practical if I had more than 5 covers for Mystique.

gray suit black widow supported by 3* Scarlett witch made the 12 green easy.
    cyclops 3* made the 13 red easy, but that’s as far as I can go in the puzzles. I take it 4* and 5* characters have the ability to target specific colors to destroy or can clear the board. As far as I can tell, 2* and 3* don’t have those powers - at least not enough to have a chance at the puzzles.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quake. Gather as much blue as possible, then target the other colors. Your strategy is to try and get purple tiles safe at the bottom of the board so your cascades don't match them away. If you start with enough blue, you can probably avoid giving the AI another turn, so they won't match the purple away either.
    That's how I did it.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Nah...I gathered a total of 13 blue AP across all 3 missions - that’s matching blue gems 4 times in 3 games.  Only 1 blue tile even visible the entire first match. Pretty sure I could not save up enough blue AP to change enough tiles before I died anyway. Flipping 5 tiles at a shot for a maximum of 3 times would average 7 or 8 purples, and that would mean getting 30 blue first, which is pretty hard if the game avoids dropping blues for the mission. 
    Mystique can change 9 tiles with her blue at 5 covers, if you can respec that is.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Mystique at 3/2/3, quake at 0/1/1. Not useful for the puzzle, especially considering that the game limits blue drops for that mission.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it with Mystique as well and also gathered 30 blue but only needed 2 casts of her power to reach the 15 Purple.
    You must have had some really bad luck not to get enough Blue before you died (likely because your 3/2/3 doesn't have enough health). You can boost +4 Blue so you at least get a head start on what you need and maybe equip any support you have that gives more health to Mystique to let her live a bit longer.
    KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Don't forget that you can always ask your alliance for team-ups to help in situations like this. 5* Storm is also really good for eliminating specific colored tiles (green power) or changing some teamup tiles into a specific color (yellow power).
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think you just got unlucky. Try again with Mystique and you should be able to get there.

For the others I think most of these can be done with 3* characters. For removing specific colours try Grey Widow (purple allows you to choose specific tiles to change to green) or Kamala Khan (purple allows you to pick a colour and it will change some random tiles of that colour to green) or Bullseye (green allows you to destroy specific tiles). I think even some 2* characters can work here. Bullseye can remove selected tiles and Magneto changes tiles to blue and red. Even with just 1 blue cover, your Quake can also come in useful for the clearing tiles puzzles. Mine is only 1/1/1 and I used her for the clear all green tiles. (I initially tried Mystique for that but ended up downing Widow and Hulk before I could get rid of all the greens.)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have problems with 14 blue. Any suggestions?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I too got this using Medusa’s blue and firing multiple times in a row. It took a couple of tries. The next time this rolls around it will feel extremely easy 
  • pezse
    pezse Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @qandols I used Hulkbuster to convert green to red, and 4* Iceman with 5 purple to convert red to blue. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    I have problems with 14 blue. Any suggestions?
    Iceman and Namor can both add Blue to the board, you can also bring MODOK to help keep the board filled with some red.
  • qandols
    Options
    pezse said:
    @qandols I used Hulkbuster to convert green to red, and 4* Iceman with 5 purple to convert red to blue. 
    Thank's, that worked!
  • qandols
    Options
    For 13 red, Hulkbuster also works.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Tried the Pink/purple  2 more times with Mystique. Took me a bit to figure you meant add the Blue boost AND the ALL boost to start at +4 blue. Tried that and got all the way to 17 blue before I died on my best round. 

It looks like purple is impossible at my level and covers, given they are suppressing blue generation, and even if there are blue tiles on the board, the enemy matches them away before I can get to them.

Other “get 15 at the same time” puzzles appear 100% luck-based, which is simply just too frustrating. 9 black on the board. Fire 3* Iron Fist purple to add 7 black, get a cascade and end up with 7 black on the board. It doesn’t trigger the count until cascades are done - so even if I hit 20 black, if it triggers a cascade to drop below the goal it’s a fail. So, you need to HOPE the added tiles fall in the perfect slots, and they never do.

this just means the puzzles are frustrating, not fun.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They get better with a deeper roster. For my part, I like that it lets me bring in niche characters that are otherwise sub-optimal and let them shine a bit. But I understand it doesn't feel good to be locked out of nodes.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the 9 black I brought Iron Fist and Mystique. I made sure I had enough pink/purple to fire three times. If I accidentally collected 13 black I fired Mystique’s black. This helped mitigate the rng of tiles converted

• KGB
    Options
    qandols said:
    pezse said:
    Thank's, that worked!

Or bring 2* Mags who can create 3 Blue anywhere so that you don't accidentally match it away like Icemans random power does.
    KGB
  • KGB
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Tried the Pink/purple  2 more times with Mystique. Took me a bit to figure you meant add the Blue boost AND the ALL boost to start at +4 blue. Tried that and got all the way to 17 blue before I died on my best round. 

It looks like purple is impossible at my level and covers, given they are suppressing blue generation, and even if there are blue tiles on the board, the enemy matches them away before I can get to them.

Other “get 15 at the same time” puzzles appear 100% luck-based, which is simply just too frustrating. 9 black on the board. Fire 3* Iron Fist purple to add 7 black, get a cascade and end up with 7 black on the board. It doesn’t trigger the count until cascades are done - so even if I hit 20 black, if it triggers a cascade to drop below the goal it’s a fail. So, you need to HOPE the added tiles fall in the perfect slots, and they never do.

this just means the puzzles are frustrating, not fun.
    You have a week to complete this. Favorite Mystique and open a few tokens and add a cover or two and raise her health. That will increase your chance of her living long enough since at L100 or so she's going to be squishy for a long match. Incidentally, this node INCREASES Blue tile drop so not sure why you think it's suppressing it.
    For the Black, also bring 3* Dr Doom (if you have him) who can use his Blue to create Black giving you a 2nd way to make Black. You should not use Fist's power until you can cast it at least 3x in a row so a bad cascade won't ruin things.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    edited April 2021
    Options
    KGB - I have tried the create purple mission 5 times, and am averaging maybe 5 blue AP per mission.
    I have tried the create black mission 4 or 5x as well. 3* Iron fist + Dr. Doom who turns blue to black. 2 matches I had 20-30 pink to fire Iron Fist changing tiles black, and was only able to get 1 blue match twice, and 2 blue matches twice, but never saw enough new blue tiles on the board to make a difference in firing the power - takes 2 matches to gather enough blue to fire the “change blue to black”. Ultimately, bad cascading has lost me every single “create black” mission - and ALL blacks from Iron Fist - have never had enough blue AP to fire Dr. Doom’s power once in 4 or 5 missions.

If I can easily collect 30 pink AP, and struggle to collect 3 blue AP. All together, that’s 9 or 10 matches where I am averaging maybe 5 blue AP per match. Rarely more than 1 or 2 blue on the board at a time. That is 100% blue being suppressed.