Introducing... Bag-Man

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited April 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi all,

Getting straight to the point this April Fools. You might say, we’re getting serious about getting silly. It has been brought to our attention that there is a character that needs no introduction, but should probably have one. Of course, we’re talking about EVERYONE’S favorite Fan Favorite, Spider-Man (Bag-Man)!

This April Fools, come join us in (re)Introducing your favorite grocery bag headed hero to the game in a new Introducing… event just for him!

For those of you new to the awesome power that Bag-Man brings to the table, this event will be giving out a cover of each of his abilities. Grab the plasticpaper donning Fantastic Four member and bring him into your growing collection of S.H.I.E.L.D. assets. We asked Spidey himself to help out you veterans with something special, like a new costume or something to celebrate Bag-Man’s greatness. Turns out that while Peter Parker is a super intelligent inventor… he’s not much of an artist. Still! Free stuff!

Beware though, this amazing piece of superior artistry is only going to be available to those lucky enough to take part in our Introducing festivities, so sling yourself on over to the game while you can! Thanks for spending time with MPQ on April Fools! It’s better than venturing out into that world of practical jokers and chia seed planting keyboard murderers! Thanks as always for playing!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess this means no Bags to Riches this year...I am only 5 covers away from a Max Champed Bags too so I shed a small tear but hey, this should be fun! Wait...is fun the right word to use about Bagman? Not sure it is...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are (sort of) in luck, the event seems to have at least three covers in progression. That's better than nothing, right?
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loved the event and getting the chance to use a level 616 Bagman was awesome.   
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To me, it showed just how truly awful Bagman is.  Even at level 616, he was getting his butt handed to him by Level 100 Medusa/Chavez/Polaris.  Yes, I won, but what a truly horrible character.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i would have announced a gambit - level op, hard ihulk counter 5*, limited and only available today.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure it can be scientifically proven that the Bagman v. goons is the hardest fight in the history of MPQ. 
  • obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    chia seeds in a keyboard? that is diabolical! sometimes practical jokes go to far.....
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bag-Man needs just a hair of offensive capability. His powers are expensive, but you can actually keep opponents in check with them. But then you're still stuck whittling away with match damage. The Uber Bag-Man node was a lot of fun, but still too slow, you know? Hell, maybe just buff his match damage outright. That could be his gimmick. Goofy costume, expensive powers that have some defensive utility, but then bonkers match damage to give him some purpose.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    You are (sort of) in luck, the event seems to have at least three covers in progression. That's better than nothing, right?
    Yes!!!!! Just played and I am happy (as happy as anybody getting Bagman covers can be)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I loved everything about this!  Thank you for making it all one day too!

My only complaint is that the loaner BagMan was boosted higher than the max champs on my roster.  (Masking for Trouble).
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Loved the event and getting the chance to use a level 616 Bagman was awesome.   
    Yes. That last level was utter hilarity. Perfect April Fools. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody attempt that final node with their natural born bagman? Probably isn't possible without 3 killer AOE team ups, but just curious. My (3rd) champed bagman is only in the 130s, so I don't think he could do it lol

I do love Bags to Riches, but I'm here for foolishness whenever it appears. This was fun, and I appreciate the silly costume for the already silly character.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did you click on the banner? even flew out to that classic Cartoon Spider Man pointing gag
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Similarly, don’t skip the survey.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Wow, what a match damage on level 616(curious number anyway. If searched on Google it is a positive number telling you that you are the owner of your life).
    Pretty funny event fighting the best characters. 
    Good april fool day.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I loved using the 616 Bagman, Unlike others, I flew though the Polaris/Medusa node with just a few matches in his primary color (Medusa dies on 2 matches).
    But the one of him vs 3 goons took like 20 minutes at least to win. Reminded me of the old DDQ wave node that was 4 waves long when I was doing it with L75 characters and it taking forever to avoid wiping.
    A fun event and I chuckled at the costume and the 'new' survey just for today :)
    KGB
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bad said:
    Wow, what a match damage on level 616(curious number anyway.

It's an easter egg, (somewhat appropriate for the holiday). Earth-616 is the Marvel comic book universe.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don’t know if anyone else has noticed or said anything yet, but the bag-man in the final node is also set at a 5-5-5 cover spec
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find this entire event to be a slap in the face.  Do the devs think this game is a joke?  The game has so many serious problems, and they spend their time working on something that's meant to be funny???  This game is not meant to be fun or funny, or involve jokes, it's deadly serious business! 

This just shows that they don't take players and our extremely important concerns seriously enough.  We aren't playing this game to laugh at jokes, or have fun, or really, enjoy it in any way.