Marvel Puzzle Quest R224 Release Notes (3/29/21)

Options

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m really liking it too.  I hope we get Zemo from it, but he would make more sense to me as a 4*.  Excited to get the next clue.  Of course we still don’t know who else might be in the show yet also. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think everyone would love a 5* scarlet witch, but most likely it's gonna be another phoenix 5.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd rather get a good 5* Frost, I don't have any real feelings about Scarlet Witch as a character personally. But if she's fun to play that will matter more.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nowadays, it's harder to be able to have fun guessing the next character. For the last 8 or so newly released characters,  only Colossus escaped the spoilers. 

At least, I'm looking forward to what support will be featured in the upcoming Puzzle Gauntlet. This is the third (?) one to be run.

1. Royal Talon Fighter
    2. Lucky Pizza Dog

Stormbreaker, Taskmaster's Sword or Atlantis would be nice, but I think it might  be too early for them to be featured.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wanda said it in one of the trailers for Wandavision. Seems topical. I’d take a Falcon/Winter Soldier tie in though, I’m enjoying that show so far.
    Spoiler : The second episode is far better than the first. Looks promising although I’m betting a character dies soon . 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nowadays, it's harder to be able to have fun guessing the next character. For the last 8 or so newly released characters,  only Colossus escaped the spoilers. 

At least, I'm looking forward to what support will be featured in the upcoming Puzzle Gauntlet. This is the third (?) one to be run.

1. Royal Talon Fighter
    2. Lucky Pizza Dog

Stormbreaker, Taskmaster's Sword or Atlantis would be nice, but I think it might  be too early for them to be featured.
    I would love for it to not be one I already have at Rank 4. Pulling more than one Rank 4 PER event and only getting Red-ISO out of it (stockpile is at 810k and growing, and I say that as someone who has always chased Supports and thus spent a whole lot of Red ISO, too), it really takes the wind out of your sails. 

(also, Colossus didn't escape the spoilers, and the spoilers themselves have been an ongoing thing since... well, I remember when the first 4* Luke Cage spoiler was a lot more similar to his 3* version, so at least 2016?)
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The cost of roster slots goes up at certain points already, that argument could have been made for any of the other increase spots.

69-72900
    73-76950
    77-2991000
    300+2000
    Yeah, I was actually pleasantly surprised when I understood the price stopped climbing after lv77. 
    If you keep that pattern the price at lv300 would actually be 2500 with an increase every four levels.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Some of the clues are literally unsolveable like the one about Old Man Daken - a riddle to a character none of us knew existed! If anybody "guessed that one", then, ha, well done Worlds Greatest Wizard! Normally they go something like this for me: "Monkey Ham Sandwich Juice" and it ends up being a 4* Lizard.
    Monkey Ham Sandwich Juice? Five-star Doctor Bong confirmed!!
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tonypq said:
    It's obviously 5* Howard the Duck. He starts the battle by dropping 7 unhatched eggs, each egg absorbs passive damage. We'll have 7 turns shielded from Ihulks passive damage. Here is the Okoye/Ihulk counter we've been waiting for. 
    I hope the devs are taking notes here....
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I know people have guessed "Everything Under Control" ties to Scarlet Witch either via the WandaVision line or Control v Chaos.  Playing today I noticed that 3*Switch's Tile Icon is updated, and looks a lot less like Polaris and a lot more like the crown she wears in the finale of WandaVision.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I noticed her tile and thought it was looking like some vampire fangs for some reason, then realized it was her headgear
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was hoping I could upgrade my lvl 1 Korg support so it’s nice to see he’s the support from the Puzzle Gauntlet. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I noticed her tile and thought it was looking like some vampire fangs for some reason, then realized it was her headgear
    Yeah, looks like a cross between fangs and Psylocke's butterfly.  I really wish, they would archive before/after with these minor changes.  Like how over the years Kamala, Switch, and 3Cap had facelifts...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It's an interesting choice, since the funky horn face thing is an alternate costume rather than her base appearance.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It could be the change because of 5* wanda?
    On the other hand, like bagman is there hacking, today is april fool...
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought the new icon looked exactly like the face markings on carnage or anti-venom. 3 times I've had to check if either of them was on the board & couldn't find tikes for Switch.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I noticed when using Hulkbuster his icon feels more like a charged tile than the actual charged tiles do to me.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for syncing the DDQ with the Daily Quest reset.  It may not seem like much but I do appreciate it