Marvel Puzzle Quest R224 Release Notes (3/29/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone - 

Here are the R224 Release Notes - 

“Everything under control”

Morbius (The Living Vampire) is ready for a feeding frenzy... Recruit now in select events!

IT’S NO JOKE! CHECK OUT THESE APRIL FOOL’S DAY EVENTS!

• Play in the Introducing Bag-Man event for the chance to earn a comical surprise!
  • Get clowning around with color in the ALL-NEW Puzzle Gauntlet!
  • Power through the next Stone Season to get the maximum rewards

Thank you for playing!

Note: Team currently working on updated Gameboard Fixes previously messaged HERE.

Tagged:

Comments

• Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Woot! New Puzzle Gauntlet!!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hope the April fools joke isn't going to be teasing a stud 5* and end up releasing another yawner. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    still waiting for last year's mega-sized gameboard lol. That looked pretty fun to play actually
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope you're working on fixing the issue with in-game chat on Kindle Fire because I'm unable to see messages from anyone in my alliance except for one person that also uses Kindle Fire.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:

5* Wanda Maximoff
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am thinking, in continuation of Phoenix 5 trend, 5* Emma Frost as she was all about control as she gained more and more power.  Ironically though she got more and more out of control as she accumulated that power.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Demi: This is a pretty big update. We are doing away with the 2k hp cost for hitting 300 roster slots. Also, with this update we will be introducing even more milestones as well as the next round of feeders!

Fans: YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Demi: April Fools lol

Fans: :(

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I just updated the App hoping for a fix for the UI and.... nothing? Still the same problems. ****!

The fix of the UI should have been maximum priority!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I don’t think that 2k hp cost is going anywhere y’all. J/s
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think there is no room for jokes on this year, thanks. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t think that 2k hp cost is going anywhere y’all. J/s
    Nobody does, but it definitely should, makes no sense to punish longterm players with that higher cost with the ever-increasing roster. At the very least, the threshold should get pushed upwards.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Rationally speaking, as you progress further and higher, things get harder and more expensive.You will notice that weapons, shields, and armors etc in RPG games get harder and more expensive to craft. I don't know any such game where it's easier and cheaper to craft better items as one progresses. It's a natural state of progression for such games.

Likewise, players who have reached more than 300 slots would have been earning quite a sizeable amount of HPs weekly from various sources to deal with the increase. Besides, there are only 8 + 14 + 47 + 110 + 54 = 233 unique characters in the game as of now. They will probably do something about Roster Slots when there are 290 unique characters. That's another 94 weeks or so, or you have to wait till 2023 for them to do something.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rationally speaking, as you progress further and higher, things get harder and more expensive.You will notice that weapons, shields, and armors etc in RPG games get harder and more expensive to craft. I don't know any such game where it's easier and cheaper to craft better items as one progresses. It's a natural state of progression for such games.
    So, what you’re saying is, functionally, roster slot 300 is a piece of equipment twice as good as roster slot 299?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2021
    Options
    So, what you’re saying is, functionally, roster slot 300 is a piece of equipment twice as good as roster slot 299?
    The cost of roster slots goes up at certain points already, that argument could have been made for any of the other increase spots.

1-4free
    9-10200 (100,100)
    11-13300 (100,100,100)
    14-16400 (100,150,150)
    17-19500 (150,150,200)
    26-28350
    29-32400
    33-36450
    37-40500
    41-44550
    45-48600
    49-52650
    53-56700
    57-60750
    61-64800
    65-68850
    69-72900
    73-76950
    77-2991000
    300+2000
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I won't say it's twice as good. If you look at the data of roster slot costs above, the dev has frozen increment of roster slot cost for 219 slots. They could have kept going and increase every 4 slots by 50 HP. If they did this, roster slot would cost more than 2000 HP for the 300th slot now. I think these are some of the things taken for granted and gone unappreciated. Instead of punishing players, they have been helping the players to delay the increment cost for way too long. I mean, HP is their main source of income afterall.

• Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The cost of roster slots goes up at certain points already, that argument could have been made for any of the other increase spots.

I freely admit that it’s been so many years since my 76th roster slot that I was playing essentially an entirely different game then, but if we’re going to be extrapolating game design intent from in-game evidence, this looks way more like “we need to scale this to low level players’ ability to earn HP, otherwise roster expansion will be impossible” than “hey, in RPG’s, better stuff is just more expensive, that’s how games work”.

I think the most compelling argument early on for the 2K at 300 pricing is that anyone with that many characters rostered likely has more HP than they know what to do with”, and then, in the middle to late period, shifted to “farming should have a cost”, but as the number of unique characters released becomes a larger and larger fraction of 300, this cost starts to shift from farming to just playing the game as intended. Changing circumstances often require revisiting design decisions and their intent. but of course every freemium economy design decision operates on a very different basis than “what makes the most sense to the players”.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    There are 242 characters right now. 
    To have 300 slots is to farm or to collect quite a bit dupes there.
    Still it is perfectly possible to carry on earning all resources and being in active alliance. The benefits in incoming resources of all that farming I think it is worthy of that tax.
    However if any player thinks it cannot be holded, the answer would be easy, to sell dupes below 300.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was wondering who would say “everything under control” when it clearly wasn’t. The first one that came to mind was Rocket. But there are probably quite a few others who would fit that description.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Wanda said it in one of the trailers for Wandavision. Seems topical. I’d take a Falcon/Winter Soldier tie in though, I’m enjoying that show so far.