Lightning Rounds 2014-5-27 - My Life in the Skill Kill Kult

Options
Lightning Rounds run for 48 hours beginning Tuesday afternoon and ending Thursday afternoon. All featured villains receive 50% buffs. All tokens awarded are virtually worthless. Enjoy the ISO!

Order (EST)

Tuesday
12 PM - Dr. Doom
2 PM - Loki
4 PM - The Hood
6 PM - Magneto (Classic)
8 PM - Ragnarok
10 PM - Dr. Doom

Wednesday
12 AM - Loki
2 AM - The Hood
4 AM - Magneto (Classsic)
6 AM - Ragnarok
8 AM - Dr. Doom
10 AM - Loki
12 PM - The Hood
2 PM - Magneto (Classic)
4 PM - Ragnarok
6 PM - Dr. Doom
8 PM - Loki
10 PM - The Hood

Thursday
12 AM - Magneto (Classic)
2 AM - Ragnarok
4 AM - Dr. Doom
6 AM - Loki
10 AM - The Hood

Progression Awards

025 - 140 ISO
050 - Standard token
100 - 250 ISO
250 - Standard token
500 - 500 ISO

Tournament Rewards

1 - 3. 3 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
3 - 8. 2 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
9 - 25. 1 Lightning Round Token, 500 ISO
26 - 50. 2 Heroic Tokens, 500 ISO
51 - 100. 1 Heroic Token, 500 ISO
101 - 250. 500 ISO
251 - 500. 250 ISO
501 - 1000. 140 ISO
1001 - 100000. 70 ISO

The Skill Kill Kult

Have you noticed that killing the seed teams with skills like Ragnarok's Thunderclap often result in the awarding of 2* covers? I have!
hFA103x.jpg?1
obQEbfe.jpg?1
YcIbyku.jpg?1

Theories
1. Skill usage raises chance of cover reward
2. Seed teams have a higher chance of giving away 2* covers anyway and it is merely coincidence that you kill them with skills
3. Kills that result in cascades raise chance of cover reward

I am leaning toward #2, strongly, but I cannot commit to it because drugs.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I only played to 250 at the Doom round and had 13 covers, including a Red GSBW (the one color I didn't need) and I think 6 2*s at the end of it. I got like 4k ISO before the placement award. And I think I only had to fight two non-seed team matches.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Soooo unfair :<

EDIT: mkai nvm... it seems I was just unlucky - this time I had seed teams until 210 as well - only 3k ISO earned before placement award though... and not going to bother playing through the heaps of 141s now...
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I joined the recent Hood event the second it opened. First three opponents...Doneskis, Polares, and Colognessuier(sp?) Skip, skip, and skip...I didn't even play one match in that LR. Just yuck.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know complaining about nothing but OBW & Ares/Thor is beyond stale, but you'd think a lightning round would encourage people to play with a few different characters.

Speaking of which, I just saw a cascade that give Ares 13 green, 10 red, and 6 yellow. Uh, yeah, calling **** on that one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love those OBW/Ares teams. They are like seed teams.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    I love those OBW/Ares teams. They are like seed teams.

It's not so much the difficulty (little, unless they cascade, but that describes 99% of the difficulty in the game) as it is the tedium. It's just kind of disappointing to be playing the exact same teams you'd see in every other PvP event.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Why Bee, why?

I was just beating up seed teams and you go and hit me - although to be fair if I saw a low level Hood/Loki/Doom combo I'd probably go for it too icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Someone post about their awesome loot from nerftokens, please. I need the motivation to win at least one LR token this week...
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Why Bee, why?

I was just beating up seed teams and you go and hit me - although to be fair if I saw a low level Hood/Loki/Doom combo I'd probably go for it too icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sorry lol I didn't even realise I was just going through matches as I was done with PVE if I see you again I'll drop a retreat lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol at shield hopping to get an extra token, I was just farming ISO Outlaw and Kingofpopcorn but yea feel free to hit me anytime after 500 I wont even retal after that point. I prefer doing easy matches for 3pts then hitting 141s for 20pts.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for that gentle nudge, Ladder icon_e_wink.gif
    Slowed me a bit on my way to 250, but was fun to retal - Patch/CMags über alles.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey gamnl0r, you still trying to tank? I thought this didnt work anymore..
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey locked.. I retaled just for fun and with spidey.. Feel free to hit me.. i make LR just for isos purpose..
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Pretty much same here, although I did get into a retal exchange with Chimaera. My loot this week is a useless yellow X-Force icon_rolleyes.gif But getting like 20 2* covers in a row instead of 1*s was nice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey locked.. I retaled just for fun and with spidey.. Feel free to hit me.. i make LR just for isos purpose..

On a different note, hey locked hitting me in the final 30 seconds of a lr waiting for final placement was a **** move. I will not extend you courtesy in the future.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol good day for grinding in LR's today.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    On a different note, hey locked hitting me in the final 30 seconds of a lr waiting for final placement was a **** move. I will not extend you courtesy in the future.
    Funny thing, because it was you who hit me earlier today while I was trying to hold my placement icon_rolleyes.gif Why do you think I went **** mode on you? Let's just agree that nerftokens are not worth quarrelling over, but if you insist...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was sitting for x2 heroics. I dont bother with the nerfed tokens.

Also I hit you originally with over a half hour left (not 50 seconds) and you were the easiest of the 5 ppl the game gave me and im not spending iso skipping in a lr. Lr are the only postitive ev activity in the game.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey gamnl0r, you still trying to tank? I thought this didnt work anymore..

Heh, yea that was me throwing pts to u, locked, Chimaera, etc.

I'm not sure the extent of it working but I think it only works for the current PvE ( in this case the LRs ONLY), since everytime I do this, the next LR round I can get seed teams to about 220 pts, 215 or so. This makes hitting the 250 progression Std. token easier, so I figured I might as well save a seed team and throw out pts to forumites after I'm done.

And if it doesn't work, then you guys are still getting some pts to use to get some Nerftokens and maybe get something cool? icon_lol.gif

I'm okay with that, just let me know if you got anything cool in those tokens!
  • over_clocked
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Was sitting for x2 heroics. I dont bother with the nerfed tokens.

Also I hit you originally with over a half hour left (not 50 seconds) and you were the easiest of the 5 ppl the game gave me and im not spending iso skipping in a lr. Lr are the only postitive ev activity in the game.
    Well, you obviously knew that I couldn't retaliate with that score of yours. Feel free to hit me in Fresh Cut if you come across me. If I have better points, I am willing to retal drag you to my level or whatever, as I don't need anything in this tourney besides the 50 HP at 900 mark and a top 25 placement.
    Edit: hmm looks like you don't need Magneto either.