Marvel Puzzle Quest R222 Release Notes (3/1/21)

Options
2»

Comments

• Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah I been checking, but no new character. They always come out on Mondays. Guess they got behind lol
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we don't get anything soon I'm going to blame @helix72 and his thread.  :p
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No character release today? Here's some update from Marvel  :D

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-games-womens-history-month-2021-mobile-updates
    Happy women's day! By the way have you seen dark beast?  LOL
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not yet, but I think her character release thread will be up soon. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The artwork looks, well, uhm. Maybe is just me. Not had a chance to absorb anything else.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    His Yellow and Black look nice but his Blue is pretty Meh so 5/5/3 and he has a ton of health. Most importantly, he isn't an IHulk counter in any way, shape or form.
    Apparently it looks like we may be getting all 5 member of the Phoenix Force as 5*.
    KGB
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,743 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like what he brings to the table.  Looks more interesting than Cyclops or Magneto, for sure.  

Surprised they didnt give him a "jump in front" mechanic, being that he SUPPOSED to be a tank.  But oh well.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    I like what he brings to the table.  Looks more interesting than Cyclops or Magneto, for sure.  

Surprised they didnt give him a "jump in front" mechanic, being that he SUPPOSED to be a tank.  But oh well.
    Looking at his match damage, I don’t think they really needed to add one to be honest, as he is going to be at the front most of the time anyway. It probably would have been helpful though, considering his black power.

I am wondering if they are now going to release a version of magik or Emma that boosts yellow ap to make a Phoenix 5 team with cyclops that has really good synergy. I can’t imagine it would be too difficult for the devs to do
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

I always thought a 5 Colossus would have a unique tanky ability that really stood out. Seems like they missed the mark in this aspect. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He seems ok. Blue is terrible. 5/5/3 all the way.

The wait for a 5* Hulkoye counter continues...
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

I think maybe they were going for the match damage boost that would keep him in front a good portion of the time?

If his yellow protected allies from power damage, it would have been a great counter to the hulkoye meta.  As a match damage protector it might have been of some use against Gritty, but he's probably going to tank 4 or 5 colors matches and eat that full striked up match damage himself.

In PVP defense I could see him being annoying with a Match4 bro or Killmonger in pick 2, and extremely annoying in pick 3 since his damage boost is active turn 1 with no prerequisites.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Considering the string of duds, I gave them too much credit on this one.

He looks worthwhile and I will pull for him for sure. 5* Wanda that was actually “good” would have been about time though.

• PiMacleod
    Options
    My earlier post was made from a position of ignorance...  And while i can definitely edit a post, owning up is a better way forward IMO.

I totally thought at first that he gained his own defense boost.  Since yesterday, i learned i was wrong.  I mulled it over... Thought about how others (with their obvious less-than-his match damage) could stand in front to receive his benefit.  And its only the jump-in-front peeps, or someone so much higher level than him.

So... Are we gonna see Colossus teams WITHOUT Rogue??  Maybe with Hammercap (doubtful)?  

Sure, i can see certain fun ideas.  But nothing that screams out dominance.  And of course, i'll mess around, lose a bunch of battles trying different ideas, until i smack myself and remind myself of what the meta is and why.

I hope im wrong!  I really do.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    My earlier post was made from a position of ignorance...  And while i can definitely edit a post, owning up is a better way forward IMO.

I totally thought at first that he gained his own defense boost.  Since yesterday, i learned i was wrong.  I mulled it over... Thought about how others (with their obvious less-than-his match damage) could stand in front to receive his benefit.  And its only the jump-in-front peeps, or someone so much higher level than him.

So... Are we gonna see Colossus teams WITHOUT Rogue??  Maybe with Hammercap (doubtful)?  

Sure, i can see certain fun ideas.  But nothing that screams out dominance.  And of course, i'll mess around, lose a bunch of battles trying different ideas, until i smack myself and remind myself of what the meta is and why.

In his introducing mission, it seems like he does benefit from the match damage reduction as well, at least he does in the first node.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    gravel said:
    PiMacleod said:

In his introducing mission, it seems like he does benefit from the match damage reduction as well, at least he does in the first node.
    I think i noticed that too...

Hope springs eternal!