Blah, blah, blah, Okoye, blah, blah, Okoye, blah..

Options
2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no problem facing Okoye.  It's iHulk that I skip.

.....because of what it's always paired with, right?

I've been thinking more about this. If everyone had 500+ ihulk (let's say doing 7500 AOE) and 450 Okoye....would everyone be as worried and skipping?

Or is the concern the fact that Okoye is typically the 'big' one, and will take forever to chew through - giving iHulk that many more turns? Boosted turns, since it is Okoye?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:

I've been thinking more about this. If everyone had 500+ ihulk (let's say doing 7500 AOE) and 450 Okoye....would everyone be as worried and skipping?

Or is the concern the fact that Okoye is typically the 'big' one, and will take forever to chew through - giving iHulk that many more turns? Boosted turns, since it is Okoye?
    I can be wrong, but to my recollection I haven't heard too much about Okoye before iHulk was released, even in the Thorkoye era. 

The thing that really interests me is why you are taking the nerf Okoye stand. I've been checking out your roster and can't really figure out why. I do have a theory about it, but it seems to be more fair to give you the opportunity to elaborate, if you choose to do so.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:

I’ve noticed a trend in S1 a lot of people seem to be pairing  lvl 500+ okies with loaners with a big 4*.  Seems to me that combo alone says okie gets chewed down fast enough
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:

The person in first place in my Riri pvp right now has a 550 hulk on roster. Green Door deals 11,866 AOE unboosted, and What Does Kill Me does 15,757 self-harm AOE. Matches he tanks do 5,417 points to him, and he has 86,510 health. If you had a 550 hulk, he would be unplayable with baby champed characters. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,743 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:

The person in first place in my Riri pvp right now has a 550 hulk on roster. Green Door deals 11,866 AOE unboosted, and What Does Kill Me does 15,757 self-harm AOE. Matches he tanks do 5,417 points to him, and he has 86,510 health. If you had a 550 hulk, he would be unplayable with baby champed characters. 
    I fear and respect this community's willingness and ability to research data when they feel its appropriate.  :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Lol; I just don’t believe anyone who would get a 550 Okoye wouldn’t also get 550 hulk if they could. But he isn’t as chasable as Okoye who has a feeder and has been out for years featured in all kinds of stores.

but also my 451 hulk is doing 5500 on green door, no way 100 more levels only takes it to 7400 lol
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Phumade said:
    SnowcaTT said:

I’ve noticed a trend in S1 a lot of people seem to be pairing  lvl 500+ okies with loaners with a big 4*.  Seems to me that combo alone says okie gets chewed down fast enough

That's called a grill. Helps generate easier points for the slice. When you queue one be nice and wait about 9 minutes before you hit it.

Reason it's not an easier 5* and lower 4* is if too low level it won't show or that person hasn't broken mmr and has to grill on another grill. Couldn't get a seal.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    9mins....snipe it as fast as you can until they shield!
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    9mins....snipe it as fast as you can until they shield!
    You should put that on a recruitment pamphlet 🤣🤣🤣
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    SnowcaTT said:

Yikes!  I'll have to go put a stop to that.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    SnowcaTT said:

Yikes!  I'll have to go put a stop to that.
    Uh oh I’m sensing the cat meme tax is gonna rise soon.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know what that means