Options
2»

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Punter1 said:
    I've only just champed Apoc.  Been running Thorkoye in S10 with S2099 as a 3rd.  Is Apoc quicker than Okoye?  Running 3/5/5?  Use Yellow, then Red for cheap lots of damage?  Might have to try.

Personally I find Polaris a faster 3rd wheel than Spidey99:

She does passive damage (boosted by Okoye) at the start of the turn if there are any specials on the board, which there will be every turn after turn 1.
    She does passive damage (also boosted by Okoye) whenever you match or destroy a special tile. Once the board starts getting filled up, it gets super easy (thanks to Thor's board shake) to get special tile matches when the turn starts. And if you can get a cascade, each additional "match" in the cascade triggers the passive again. If you destroy any with Okoye's red, also triggers the passive. My favorite is to use Okoye's Red on a row with specials that triggers a cascade with specials.

Plus you still have a 4-turn stun at your disposal, much like w Spidey99. What's not to love? Sure, sure, Spidey's got a Black outlet and he gives the targeted damage boost along with the stun, but I generally want to damage the guys that aren't stunned, not the ones who are. They can wait 4 turns.
    Do you ever have trouble with the board filling with specials?  Or is the match usually over before that point?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Punter1 said:
    I've only just champed Apoc.  Been running Thorkoye in S10 with S2099 as a 3rd.  Is Apoc quicker than Okoye?  Running 3/5/5?  Use Yellow, then Red for cheap lots of damage?  Might have to try.

Personally I find Polaris a faster 3rd wheel than Spidey99:

She does passive damage (boosted by Okoye) at the start of the turn if there are any specials on the board, which there will be every turn after turn 1.
    She does passive damage (also boosted by Okoye) whenever you match or destroy a special tile. Once the board starts getting filled up, it gets super easy (thanks to Thor's board shake) to get special tile matches when the turn starts. And if you can get a cascade, each additional "match" in the cascade triggers the passive again. If you destroy any with Okoye's red, also triggers the passive. My favorite is to use Okoye's Red on a row with specials that triggers a cascade with specials.

Plus you still have a 4-turn stun at your disposal, much like w Spidey99. What's not to love? Sure, sure, Spidey's got a Black outlet and he gives the targeted damage boost along with the stun, but I generally want to damage the guys that aren't stunned, not the ones who are. They can wait 4 turns.
    Do you ever have trouble with the board filling with specials?  Or is the match usually over before that point?

Personally no. Early on I prioritize chasing Blue and TU and basically ignore the special tile unless it's an easy obvious match. Often the first destruction of a special tile is the first time I fire Okoye's Red.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So purely unscientific opinion and just gut feel, but after a couple of clears and grinds in Venom Bomb I think Thorkoye is more consistently quicker than Thorpoc.  

In the first few clears on the Hard nodes, or the 3e/4e, Thorpoc might have the edge, just.  Particularly with BRB on the pick 3s.  

However on the later clears with bigger health pools I found the ramping up of Okoye's boost more advantageous in the longer matches.  Doesn't take much TU AP for Okoye's boost to overtake Apoc, though you lose the multi-hit Red/Black from Apoc.  I prefer the targeted hitting of Okoye Red and the healing while quickly further boosting of her yellow makes her more sustainable.  RTF support adds possible team damage as a further bonus.  

Even on the lower health pools in the pick 3s, Thorpoc with BRB was good, but my ol' faithful Thorkoye with S2099 felt more auto-pilot.  Doesn't take much TU AP to set off the S2099-Thor cascade quick wins.  

Either way - for this thread - the key thing is Thor5!
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thor will be a useful partner for basically any 5* that will be released in the future. He was useful when paired with Gambit, with Okoye, with Apocalypse and he will stay useful no matter what.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor will be a useful partner for basically any 5* that will be released in the future. He was useful when paired with Gambit, with Okoye, with Apocalypse and he will stay useful no matter what.
    This surely comes with the caveat that those characters need one of his 3 colors, or really like board shake.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I just champed him so expect disaster...