2»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    Wilger said:

yesterday opened 150 again
    9 7 and 8 out of each batch of 50 so completely average I think.

At first just pulled when i got the tokens but hoarding nets better results.

It just helps you feel like you get better results to pull a bunch and track.  It doesn't change the totals of the results.

Pulling as you go, the human brain has a hard time justifying that going 10 for 25 at first and then 0 for 25 to end is still a good 10 for 50 overall.  It remembers the recent long string of misses with more weight than the previous excellent luck.

This.  "Negative confirmation bias" is a thing on anything luck based - we notice bad luck more than good.  If you really think you're doing badly, track it.  I do, because it amuses me, I actually track everything.
    No lie - I had absolutely miserable luck with my first 200-300 Mighty tokens.  I literally pulled 0 4* out of one of the ten tokens you get from the season progression rewards playing SCL10 on PVP.  But even with that awful pull rate, I was still at around 13%.  Eventually it climbed up, got a bit past 15%, and now it's sitting exactly at 15%.  Sometimes it goes a bit past, sometimes it's a bit under.  My LT pull rate is similar, and I've had some terrible runs there too - one almost 50 pulls without a single 5*.  But that's balanced out by pulling 8 5* over the course of 20 pulls...
    Seriously.  If you think you're doing badly, track it.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I opened up 3 roster spots, so blew through 10 of my “Mighties”

FOUR 4* out of 10. Shuri might have been the only one worth rostering, and Red Guardian, the Indestructible Hulk and Mysterio are all still hanging out on my vine, probably not going to displace any 3*s.

BUT 4 of 10 is a good number...
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I opened up 3 roster spots, so blew through 10 of my “Mighties”

FOUR 4* out of 10. Shuri might have been the only one worth rostering, and Red Guardian, the Indestructible Hulk and Mysterio are all still hanging out on my vine, probably not going to displace any 3*s.

BUT 4 of 10 is a good number...
    Those 4s only have value for when they are essential for an event or DDQ but yeah meh characters. 
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    11 mighty tokens, 
    0 four stars
    11 three stars
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Broke Mighty and Heroic hoard to champ Silk. 33 Mighty Tokens yielded:
    8 4 stars
    25 3 stars
    Heroics got me another 3 4 stars so it balances out. Hoarding til Beast is shardable now.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,659 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Theghouse said:
    Wilger said:

yesterday opened 150 again
    9 7 and 8 out of each batch of 50 so completely average I think.

At first just pulled when i got the tokens but hoarding nets better results.

It just helps you feel like you get better results to pull a bunch and track.  It doesn't change the totals of the results.

Pulling as you go, the human brain has a hard time justifying that going 10 for 25 at first and then 0 for 25 to end is still a good 10 for 50 overall.  It remembers the recent long string of misses with more weight than the previous excellent luck.

This.  "Negative confirmation bias" is a thing on anything luck based - we notice bad luck more than good.  If you really think you're doing badly, track it.  I do, because it amuses me, I actually track everything.
    No lie - I had absolutely miserable luck with my first 200-300 Mighty tokens.  I literally pulled 0 4* out of one of the ten tokens you get from the season progression rewards playing SCL10 on PVP.  But even with that awful pull rate, I was still at around 13%.  Eventually it climbed up, got a bit past 15%, and now it's sitting exactly at 15%.  Sometimes it goes a bit past, sometimes it's a bit under.  My LT pull rate is similar, and I've had some terrible runs there too - one almost 50 pulls without a single 5*.  But that's balanced out by pulling 8 5* over the course of 20 pulls...
    Seriously.  If you think you're doing badly, track it.
    Been feeling like I hadn't got many 4* after I posted in this thread, so I checked again: got 8 4* and 43 3* since my previous post, so roughly 15% were 4*.
    But I remember those 43 3* so much more, definitely "Negative confirmation bias" on my part.