Rename Mighty tokens to never get a 4* ever tokens

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
Anyone else have terrible results getting 4*s from mighty tokens ?

I get more 4s from heroics than mighty tokens. I've opened probably over 100 mighty tokens over last few months and I've probably gotten about three 4*s. Some of the special offers I purchased that came with large amounts of mighty tokens, and not a single 4*. 

I have almost all my 4s champed, I don't rely on mighty tokens to build any characters up. But it would be nice to actually get some 4s from MTs for champ covers and rewards. I was curious to hear from others how good or bad your lucks been. 

Comments

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options

I don’t track pulls in general, but yes, it feels like I get more 4s from Heroics than Mighty’s. Then again, I receive and open far more Heroics. So I dunno.

-JaGo
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't track Mighty Pulls but I do see 4* consistently. I just pulled 11 Mighty Tokens and these are what I got: 

9 3* and 2 4*.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i usually hoard 50 and then pull. typically get 5-7 4* per 50 pulls. i got 11 once as a high water mark.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,743 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I seem to get a fair amount.  I do admit that since we get more Heroics, we also see more action with them.

Mightys have been fair to me, i feel.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just recently pulled a whole buch of Heroics looking to get some shards for the Frog and every single one was a 2*, we are talking 25 or so pulls here. In the past I have had amazing runs in both Heroics and Mighty's. It hopefully all levels out somewhere along the line.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pull in groups of 5 on Mighty , I get either 0 or 1.  My heroic 10 pack was 8/2/0 in 2/3/4*s respectively 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,659 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been tracking Mighty's since they were introduced:
    152 x 4* (14.45%, slightly higher than the predicted 14.29%)
    900 x 3* (85.55% compared to 85.71%)
    I don't get that many Mighty's so it probably feels like I'm getting less 4*

For comparison purposes, here are my Heroics:
    104 x 4* (5.56% below the anticipated 6.25%)
    477 x 3* (25.52% far exceeding the promised 20%)
    1289 x 2* (68.93% instead of 73.8%)

In conclusion, give me a Mighty over a Heroic anytime!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my Mighty 10 pack I didn't pull any 4s, but since then I've pulled a decent amount of them.
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I haven't gotten a single 4* from the 10 mightys at season 4000 points in maybe 3 seasons? I would estimate I get 1/50 4* from mightys.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just pulled 12 mightys and got 4 4* covers. 

Obviously not typical but I’ll take it. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad to hear many of you have had good luck with MTs. They just hate me though lol. My RNG will probably reverse course and trend up eventually.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite. I barely ever get a 4* out of heroic token.
    I'm tracking my pulls and my 4* rate from heroics is 4.8%. (And that's with almost 2000 heroic tokens tracked.) And that additional 0.8%? Is a recent addition. No, seriously, my 4* pull rate was stuck at 4% for the longest time. Sometimes I forget that you can even pull 4* from heroic tokens.
    On the flip side, I've had a dead average 4* rate from mighty tokens so far (156 mighty tokens pulled, 14.7% 4* from them). Which is miles miles miles above what I ever got out of heroic tokens.
    So yeah, count me with @Alfje17 for this. Mighty tokens >>>> heroic tokens.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have pulled exactly 10 mightys. 5 x 2* and 5x3*, but that’s not as good as it sounds since the 3* were all Elektra, Vision, Doctor Doom, and Colossus. Yay. So,  not impressed.
    I dropped a 10 pack of heroics on the MindStone event this past weekend. 
    4* Iceman, 4*Ghost, 4*Nova, the rest useful 2* and 3*s - all of them boosted existing covers  except the 3* Angel.

that said, 10+10 is a SMALL sample set
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Might- out of 20 pulls I got
    16x3* (80%)
    4x4* (20%)

Elite- out of 20 pulls I got
    12x2* (60%)
    8x3* (40%)
    0x4* (0%)

Heroic- out of 20 pulls I got
    15x2* (75%)
    3x3* (15%)
    2x4* (10%)

The stats are for a single pull rather than for the entire pool of possible covers. This means that the pool resets after each and every pull. This will always lead to great variance from time to time. If all you want are covers of any kind, then technically, there is no difference between using 1 token and using 100 tokens. In fact, the only reason there is to hoard is to increase your chances of getting that brand new release since your chances of getting that very specific cover is greatest at the time that character is released rather than weeks later when the next character is released which would cause the pool of possible covers and, therefore, your odds of getting it smaller.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled 17 today and got one 4*. So, ick.
    BUT my non-scientific, probably very inaccurate, impression of my luck with these tokens is that I've done very well and have nothing to complain about. I could be very wrong, especially if this morning is any indication.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Akoni said:
    16x3* (80%)
    4x4* (20%)

12x2* (60%)
    8x3* (40%)
    0x4* (0%)

15x2* (75%)
    3x3* (15%)
    2x4* (10%)

The stats are for a single pull rather than for the entire pool of possible covers. This means that the pool resets after each and every pull. This will always lead to great variance from time to time. If all you want are covers of any kind, then technically, there is no difference between using 1 token and using 100 tokens. In fact, the only reason there is to hoard is to increase your chances of getting that brand new release since your chances of getting that very specific cover is greatest at the time that character is released rather than weeks later when the next character is released which would cause the pool of possible covers and, therefore, your odds of getting it smaller.

The pool does not reset with each draw, it only changes slightly everytime a season changes or a new character enters latest. The same is true for all stores and vaults, your draws are preseted at the beginning only.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just an unlucky streak on your part I guess.

My stats:
    3 star: 577 (85,99%)
    4 star: 94 (14,01%)
    Vs Heroic:
    2 star: 2781 (71,00%)
    3 star: 890 (22,72%)
    4 star: 246 (6,28%)
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Akoni said:
    16x3* (80%)
    4x4* (20%)

12x2* (60%)
    8x3* (40%)
    0x4* (0%)

15x2* (75%)
    3x3* (15%)
    2x4* (10%)

The pool does not reset with each draw, it only changes slightly everytime a season changes or a new character enters latest. The same is true for all stores and vaults, your draws are preseted at the beginning only.
    I apologize for any confusion. When I said that it resets with each draw, I meant when drawing from the exact same pool of covers. You are correct when you say it changes each time a new character is released. 

In regards to the stores, there are two types: vault and recruit. Vaults have a finite number of draws. For example, the Venom Bomb vault has 80 items. Unless you reset the vault, you can only ever draw the exact 80 items in that vault. Recruit stores, however, have an infinite number of items. You can draw from that store over and over again and you will get an item. For these stores, as long as you have tokens (or CP) you can draw items.

My comment about the store resetting referred specifically to the Recruit stores. Each time you draw from these stores, your odds of drawing any one item is exactly the same as the previous draw and the next draw. This occurs because each time an item is drawn from that store, it is restocked. This is why I said that the pool of items resets.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

yesterday opened 150 again
    9 7 and 8 out of each batch of 50 so completely average I think.

At first just pulled when i got the tokens but hoarding nets better results.

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wilger said:

yesterday opened 150 again
    9 7 and 8 out of each batch of 50 so completely average I think.

At first just pulled when i got the tokens but hoarding nets better results.

It just helps you feel like you get better results to pull a bunch and track.  It doesn't change the totals of the results.

Pulling as you go, the human brain has a hard time justifying that going 10 for 25 at first and then 0 for 25 to end is still a good 10 for 50 overall.  It remembers the recent long string of misses with more weight than the previous excellent luck.