Release Notes 4.8 *UPDATE 02/24/21

Options

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tutaha said:
    It would he nice to give serra in the second or first skill foretell to a card in hand, just to avoid the third skill lose its valie in the future if the foretell mechanic not be printed. Maybe: if this card is fortold your first creature gets +1/+1
    Was thinking the same thing myself. Even mentioned it in comments on @Nalthazar youtube video review on this update. Serra's 3rd is almost too parasitic and would be better in the long term if the second ability offered giving a few cards foretell. Not sure how that would work though code wise... hmmm.
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support

Any insight into why we have to have a pay-to-enter gate yet again. Particularly with the problems cited above... slow recharge, not many initial charges...

Any insight into why almost all new events have to be pay-to-enter. It strongly penalizes people who just want to jump into the app to play a game or two and then go do something else.
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi guys,

I reported all of the main points and doubts here on today's Community report.
    I also asked the team to get us some answers about what's been discussed here!
    I added the Planeswalkers progressions and the Doomskar Claimants event details.
    It's missing the other event's details, I'll be posting it tomorrow.

Thank you for all the feedback,
    Marcela.

I agree with the others, we have another event with the terrible 6 hour recharge time, which makes sure the ranking rewards will be terrible for some people, and we have to pay 20 crystals as an entry fee for that. Very discouraging.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question on Herald: 

"When a card with Herald enters play, their first cast will always display the non-god side. That card can’t be reinforced, and when cast a second time, if the player still controls the non-God side, the new version will enter the battlefield as the God."

All the herald cards have a casting cost. Then, the herald ability has a different cost.

For example, the 10 cost Harnfel, Horn of Bounty has HERALD 15 on it.

What does the 15 mean? If we have to cast Harnfel twice to trigger the god, isn't it just 10 cost both times?
  • Tutaha
    Tutaha Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2021
    Options
    madwren said:
    Question on Herald: 

"When a card with Herald enters play, their first cast will always display the non-god side. That card can’t be reinforced, and when cast a second time, if the player still controls the non-God side, the new version will enter the battlefield as the God."

All the herald cards have a casting cost. Then, the herald ability has a different cost.

For example, the 10 cost Harnfel, Horn of Bounty has HERALD 15 on it.

What does the 15 mean? If we have to cast Harnfel twice to trigger the god, isn't it just 10 cost both times?

Had the same question. But if I got it right, after the first cast the card will transform in your hand, and the second cast, the god side, will have the herald cost. But dont know what happens with that if the support side is removed from the field.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,279 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skoti Bloodline added!!!
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The other two parts of the card gallery are now on the facebook page in case you didnt catch them.
  • Tutaha
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Great! Thanks for the heads up, we got almost all of them. Except for the god side of the cards with herald
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tutaha said:
    Great! Thanks for the heads up, we got almost all of them. Except for the god side of the cards with herald
    This! and could we have some extra explanation on hera, Marcella?
    Options
    Check the card gallery:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
  • Tutaha
    Options
    A question i have but i think I'll have to wait for the update to see, we probably will lose the foretold card if we destroy the support gem and our hand is full
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Tutaha said:
    A question i have but i think I'll have to wait for the update to see, we probably will lose the foretold card if we destroy the support gem and our hand is full
    I assumed this as well, too. Probably acts like a Djinn token. Might mean it's a great fit with Song.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will the new set include vanguards? I haven't seen those on Facebook yet and I know that at least Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor is coming since the Tibalt Planseswalker creates a copy of that vanguard.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Check the card gallery:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

A few observations:

1. Definite power creep here but it is across the board from common cards to masterpieces. a bit more balanced, but still power creep nonetheless.

2. I spy with my little eye something white: The Snow mechanic looks awesome and it is pervasive enough throughout the set to see long term play. What I love most about this mechanic is that the generation of snow gems is not unfairly tied to hard to get mythics or masterpieces. This is what the energized mechanic should have been like in the Kaladesh block. That said, I think this mechanic is likely to create some really mean and tough matches with players playing Snow on both sides and that makes me smile because wins earned the hard way are the most satisfying.

3. You know what this set needs? Angels! good lord... the number is staggering. Curious to see how they play out and the vigilant angel token generation in future matches. Methinks anti-token will be a highly recommended thing when building decks (if not using angel tokens that is)

4. Zombies: honestly I am tired of zombies ... but this set makes me pause a bit and maybe restoke some interest in them.

• Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Update live on Android.

I normally buy a 3000 pack crystals for each new set but they aren't on sale. This will be the first time in 5 years of playing they aren't getting money from me on release day. Seems like a poor choice. 
  • Tutaha
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Sword of the realms on the battlefield is not giving my creature the bonuses, nor vigilance
    Battle for Bretagard too, I think more cards are not having their effects working
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Tutaha said:
    Sword of the realms on the battlefield is not giving my creature the bonuses, nor vigilance
    Here's how to report bugs on the forum: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83732/bug-report-tips
    You can also report them in-app or by email through the web support channel https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi guys, 

I was able to get some answers from the team as follows:

• "So, Boast is a mix of Raid and Kicker?"
    Yes. Boast is a mechanic that offers the player the possibility to drain mana from hand to activate special effects during the attack, much like paper Magic.
    • "Snow gems. It's already near impossible to read the board in some matches with so many different gem types. Fingers crossed they've got a decent animation for snow gems."
    It depends a lot on the gameplay type of each player. If the player uses only mechanics aimed at a themed deck, he will fill the board with several Snow Gems and play like this. But if he intentionally adds Adapt, Activate, Energize, Devoid, Snow, Buried, and Ignite on the deck, the board will fill up and shine like a Christmas tree. 🎄✨🤪
    • "If I cast the same card a second time and I already control the non-god side the new version enters the battlefield as a God. Do I lose the non-god side? Do they meld? Or do I simply have both on the battlefield at the same time?"
    You will have both in play simultaneously.
    • "If the latter, what happens if I already have the non-god and the god side on the battlefield and I cast it for a third time?"
    The creature will be reinforced since it is the main decision element of a match.
    • "For example, the 10 cost Harnfel, Horn of Bounty has HERALD 15 on it. What does the 15 mean? If we have to cast Harnfel twice to trigger the god, isn't it just 10 cost both times?"
    It means that the original side costs 10, but if you cast it a second time, for the other side to enter the battlefield, it will cost 15.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options

• "Snow gems. It's already near impossible to read the board in some matches with so many different gem types. Fingers crossed they've got a decent animation for snow gems."
    It depends a lot on the gameplay type of each player. If the player uses only mechanics aimed at a themed deck, he will fill the board with several Snow Gems and play like this. But if he intentionally adds Adapt, Activate, Energize, Devoid, Snow, Buried, and Ignite on the deck, the board will fill up and shine like a Christmas tree. 🎄✨🤪
    • "If I cast the same card a second time and I already control the non-god side the new version enters the battlefield as a God. Do I lose the non-god side? Do they meld? Or do I simply have both on the battlefield at the same time?"

This has not reassured me but thanks for the Christmas tree imagery and the emojis which make me feel better :-D
  • Tutaha
    Options
    Just a question, I'm somewhat new, what about the other cards we cannot find anywhere? Like rampage of the valkyries, do they come as exclusives?

Anxious to get the other planeswalkers especially Serra! I want my full angel deck :) i just found the elf guy, do the new planeswalkers rotate weekl