Mags/AW/YJ/Cyc: June 2021 is only four months away

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I've been hoarding since Apoc and have likewise been disappointed in the since released 5 stars.  It's probably all the more depressing that several of the 4 stars released in that time are significantly more interesting than the 5 stars. Guess I'll continue to wait and see what the next three months brings...
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    TLDR version:
    I am a 5* Wasp lover.
    And I mastered her. Propably. I mean: I reached the moment when I can WRECK havock with her in PVP.
    Not every character has to be meta to be succesfull with them. And meta is not fun for me (too boring). Period. So I skip meta.
    And I highly advice to everyone: forget the meta. Left it for those nolifes who chase the white rabbit and wanna be top everytime.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    TLDR version:
    I am a 5* Wasp lover.
    And I mastered her. Propably. I mean: I reached the moment when I can WRECK havock with her in PVP.
    Not every character has to be meta to be succesfull with them. And meta is not fun for me (too boring). Period. So I skip meta.
    And I highly advice to everyone: forget the meta. Left it for those nolifes who chase the white rabbit and wanna be top everytime.
    You can wreck the character Havok, or you can wreak havoc on any team? 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing I dont understand is why they continue designing powers that cost 13 AP. Firing a 13 AP power on pvp will never happen. Not on pvp nowadays for sure.
    Even more that power needs TU helping for doing a decent damage. 
    Im not sure if they are in touch with pvp.
    Im talking about pvp because on scl10 that nuke makes foes laugh of course. 
  • Mr_F
    Propably some of ya can tell by spelling's, grammar's or bizzare sentence construction that English is not my mother tongue.
    I meant "destruction". "Chaos". The "Hulk Smash puny humans" part.

Still, I can go do the fun part of my language skill and do ridiculously long sentences which bring so little information but are fun to write down or say and showcase how I adore long sentences which has little to none sense but at the same time shows that everybody who thinks that I talk to much, repeat myself and can not clearly showcase my own thought that what they know about me and my speaking habits, abilities and possibilities is not even a glimpse of what I am cappable of when it comes to talking and speaking much as I am just restricting much myself so I do not transform into anesthesiologist or charm magician and put them into sleep and the prove of that is that I can still go on with that sentence before the final and only one "period" symbol will be showcased but to not to stretch it much I just say one more word: period. ^_^ 
  • Mr_F
    Bad said:
    One thing I dont understand is why they continue designing powers that cost 13 AP. Firing a 13 AP power on pvp will never happen. Not on pvp nowadays for sure.
    Even more that power needs TU helping for doing a decent damage. 
    Im not sure if they are in touch with pvp.
    Im talking about pvp because on scl10 that nuke makes foes laugh of course. 

I can fire 2-3 times Calm the Swarm per fight. Which at best requires 24 AP.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,689 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    TLDR version:
    I am a 5* Wasp lover.

I love this guy. You have to admire the dedication involved in trying to dominate PvP with one of the worst characters in the game. And I'm not being funny. I admire the attitude. When I have 200 points in PvP, and I'm trying to climb with characters I don't use often, and my Heimdall and Iceman (or whatever) get annihilated by Jessica and Prof X, I just want to throw my phone across the room.
  • Bad
    Mr_F said:

I can fire 2-3 times Calm the Swarm per fight. Which at best requires 24 AP.
    Being on the same boat as me with english, however you are on a whole different league.
    Yo do like 20 minutes battles. 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the lackluster 5*s have not given much to look forward to. I maxed Deadpool only cause I like those kind of powers, but there's not a single one of the most recent 5*s that I want to chase, even though I'd been champing everyone.

So I started questioning what I'm chasing, and found myself with less motivation. I reached the point I can champ every new 5*, but it feels wasted. Honestly, I've been opening the game a lot less. Instead, I've bounced back to a game that strikes at the right amount of force I want in a Marvel game, if you catch my drift. And I haven't really been missing MPQ.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Mr_F said:
    Propably some of ya can tell by spelling's, grammar's or bizzare sentence construction that English is not my mother tongue.
    I meant "destruction". "Chaos". The "Hulk Smash puny humans" part.

Still, I can go do the fun part of my language skill and do ridiculously long sentences which bring so little information but are fun to write down or say and showcase how I adore long sentences which has little to none sense but at the same time shows that everybody who thinks that I talk to much, repeat myself and can not clearly showcase my own thought that what they know about me and my speaking habits, abilities and possibilities is not even a glimpse of what I am cappable of when it comes to talking and speaking much as I am just restricting much myself so I do not transform into anesthesiologist or charm magician and put them into sleep and the prove of that is that I can still go on with that sentence before the final and only one "period" symbol will be showcased but to not to stretch it much I just say one more word: period. ^_^ 
    You went Mojo Jojo on us....as far as using characters I love 5 star Deadpool and that is about as un meta I go. Love my Apocalypse since Day 1. 
  • Bad
    Truth is I think ghostpool is a great character and plays great both in pvp and pve. His red power is meh but the others are awesome.
    And I use him often in pick 2 and always on sim.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    It’s funny because I like Heimdall, SamDak and Killmonger more in theory,but just have so much fun playing with Ghostpool.  It’s addictive triggering his skull attack.  
    And then also I have a 4/4/4 Magneto and enjoying using him a lot.
    he’s a fun character.  Lots of options.  Sure a little costly, but it’s fun getting him rolling.
    he’s so good with Kitty and BRB if you get the right board,  and I can’t wait to champ him and respec to 3/5/5

sometimes maybe that level is all I want from some of these releases.  
    But I really do hope next one is 5* Wanda meta.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind always that as soon as you play your highest leveled team, it’s going to be the defense team everybody else who isn’t retaliating against you sees. This doesn’t mean all those “nolifes” are actively opposing you with that team, just that they used that team at some point in this event and didn’t field anything with a higher level. I usually run to 500pts with Hulkoye, but after that I switch to all kinds of teams depending on what I see. But you may never know if I don’t play anything better leveled than that.
  • Mr_F
    edited February 2021
    And that is What i call "i have a communication problem" as I tend to "shortcut my thoughts" and then have to clarify them.
    And I decided this time not to clarify anything but to just say "I am deeply sorry". No clarification here can change the fact, that I 100% has offended someone here.

You are right @a@acescracked here. I may have a bad point of view here.

Please, consider to be apologised. m(_ _)m
  • Bad
    Mr_F said:

You are right @a@acescracked here. I may have a bad point of view here.

Please, consider to be apologised. m(_ _)m
    Its always funny to appear subversive and go anti mainstream, but remember this game as many others is offering his products and people playing to the top is willing to enjoy them and so they do.
    Consider that if all people acted like you certainly devs would have to close the business. So better not go encouraging people to do your way.
  • Mr_F
    edited February 2021
    I am kind of person who does not afraid to admit "I was wrong" as I am here so TY for clarification. I will definetly take that knowledge into consideration.

But I will keep that encouragegment. Not because "my way of playing" is better but because it an alternative to meta which I consider boring. And, just to be understood correctly, I do not encourage "go off-meta all the time" but "from time to time". Going of meta from time to time may be good and relaxing but definetly the best idea to play MPQ is "play the way YOU want not the others dictate you".
    If ya feel bored seeing Polaris/BRB or Hulkoye all the time then maybe one PVP not being top possible but allowing yourself to place lower with lesser rewards and therefore facing different opponents might be relaxing.

Just MIGHT.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing 5Cyc in his Introduction event, I doubt I can wait 4 months to break my mini-hoard.  He is so bad that he makes 5Mags look good (IMHO).  I am now thinking about scrapping my strategy, pulling to try to get 5Mags/AW/YJ covered and then avoiding everything until 5Cyc leaves.

Plus, the more I open the more I can level Polaris (currently at 354) who I use every freakin' day.

Decisions.  Decisions.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually do like YJ and I feel his damage ability is good for his color combo, which is something lacking in the current 5* options.  His invisibility will be very good for PvE but probably not as important for PvP.  The rest of the current 5* and Cyclops I agree aren't exciting.  Although, 5* Cyclops yellow ability could be a sleeper ability if it stacks. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Theghouse said:
    Polares said:

I dont know what Devs are doing. All chars since Apoc have been decent at best, but they have not affected the meta at all in neither PvP or PvE. Sometimes I think they are just tired of this game and they want it to die...
    I just don't understand this mindset. 

It's one thing to say that the past few releases have been underwhelming (they are), and that they could at least try to make them more competitive without having to totally redesign them (which could be done by adjusting his AP costs, damage totals, etc).

But expecting every new release, or even a majority of them, to affect the meta?  There is no game on the planet with this many strategy options where every single option is - or even can be for that matter - equally impactful on the top metagame.

Who said I want every release to be meta? I said there has not been any meta char release in all this time, which is quite a bit. That is not the same than saying I want all to be meta.

What I would like is that in every batch of 3 chars there should be one that is meta or very good (maybe if there is no meta char then we get two very good ones). We should want to open our hoard for every 3 new releases (maybe not to get all chars, but to at least get one or two from each batch). 

Again, I dont want all chars to be meta, but I also dont want meta chars released with six months intervals in the middle (remember we have PvP meta and PvE meta, so that would mean one single meta char per game mode per year !!!).

Also, they can release very good chars like ProfX, that might not be meta, but you can still use sometimes. The problem is I dont think any of the chars released in this time fall in that category either (and I think you agree).