Challenge! Challenge!

Options
Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
Milestone, daily rewards increased, effective grinding, polaris getting fatty...
The resources wich can be adquired had been increased on a great amount. Thanks for that devs! Now rosters are stronger more than never.
However the difficulty level remains the same. 
Regular Boss challenges are nice but their difficulty remains the same as when they were created. Its easy, easy, easy.
In fact if the boss could beat me just 1 time I could even cry on joy.
Pve Scl10 is more easy to beat too.

Special events have the same difficulty level to all players and all rosters being that issue the most frustating one. The stress on pve or pvp is high, special events are nice to relax and enjoy the game.  However the same difficulty level to all players is not funny. 
Pvp simulator is great. It can be played relatively when wanted almost all the month.
What I would be really happy to play is a pve event lasting all the month like pvp simulator, selecting scl, and for playing it at the free time I could had. I would play it even if the rewards were just 4* covers like simulator, but I would use my roster without the hurry and stress of the regular pve.
Not a great resources increasing but please more option to play free and relaxed with all my roster.
Or so I thought. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Possibly I am misunderstanding but don't Boss Events on the side nodes scale with roster strength?
  • Bad
    Options
    I think they are different in some levels. Plus on time nodes scalate but I use to play after all rewards are gained, on sunday, just for the 500 iso.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We have asked for a "Gauntlet type of event that lasts a full season, with tough nodes that you need to beat just once, but with no time requirement and just node / progression rewards" for a while now. I dont think it would be too much work for them, and it would bring some really hard content for people wanting some, but at this point I doubt they will ever do it.

Don't touch scl10, it already soaks enough time, and it already requires Okoye, Apoc or Kitty (or Polaris) to complete in a decent amount of time, dont make it worse. In that regard we would probably need scl11 for 500+ level rosters (now scl10 is hard for 450 baby champ rosters but then easy for 490+ level rosters).

PS: And yeah nodes in boss events scale with your roster. Bosses on the other hand are just based on the round level.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they could include an equivalent Challenge type node in Boss Events? Maybe not have it contribute points as big Alliances don't need help with that but maybe it works a bit like Welcome to SHIELD with an extra LT to earn or 5* token but is at a SCL10 level. I dunno, maybe that is just nonsense or not doable.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    If people really want non-timed challenging events,
    1) simply set the enemies level to 850/950 if Okoye, IHulk, Kitty Pryde, BRB, Polaris are allowed to be used. If not, ban all of them and level 750/800 enemies is good.

2) Make all enemies immune to stun and being sent airborne by opponents.

3) Disable Whales!Whales!Whales! In any form.

4) Disable invisibility.

5) Disable boost.

6) Disable Support.

7) Disable Teamup.

8) Make all nodes sudden death matches. You have only one shot and if you retreat, you lose and node is closed. If your connection is downed, you lose as well.

9) Limit this to Shield Ranking 160 and above.

The rewards can be 4* shards, 5* shards, cp, HP, roster slots etc.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Above level ~400 match damage (and skill damage) doubles every 100 levels. A level 650 5* Carnage does 3905 primary match damage. At level 750, it would be 7810, at level 850 15620, and at level 950 31240. Have fun surviving the first enemy turn.

edit: A level 950 5* Professor X match-4 should do ~200k damage
  • Bad
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Those are some hardcore rules. Who knows, it could have their place.
    Im on the usual several attempts, scalating level. That would enlarge the event, adding a bit of difficulty and some more rewards. 

Now look at pve simulator. Each time it appears Im very impressed on the fine challenge it features and at the same time Im sad because its not being appreciated because:
    -It uses to appear after a hard pve exits and health packs are severed
    -Its on competitive play so you must take your usual best team and heal him for being fast(for players aiming to rank)
    -It presents new character teams with good sinergies being really interesting to play but in the end its a major pain and it traslates on a bigger use of health packs and more stress.
    When pve simulator is running people is playing less.
    Now take pve simulator and take out competition (perphaps not the season points) Take out required 4* and 5*. Make it run as long as pvp shield is running. 
    I think it would be an awesome event. 
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    It probably was mentioned somewhere before, but how about something like a "danger room"? A separate mode where you can play around all you want regardless on the time, season, etc. You choose opponents (all characters + all goons available), you choose enemy levels, or the battle type (wave/normal/one on one/two on two) etc. Only limit - for your team you can take only characters from your own rooster.
    Probably rewards in mode with such freedom would be tricky to design, but I think it could be good even without any special rewards as long as after any match in this mode your characters health/life was restored for free.
    I believe this could satisfy all players regardless on the level they are, since they could prepare whatever challenge they want for themselves (not mentioning unlimited possibility to test various strategies/scenarios/synergies etc.).
    Probably that's never gonna happen, but I think it could be cool.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If players really want challenging stuff, the dev need to disable all those typical cheap tricks used.  :D Level-wise, level 750-800 looks fine. If sudden matches are enabled like in boss nodes, the enemy levels don't have to be that high. These are targeted at those players who genuinely want challenging nodes. You can't be saying you want challenging stuff on one hand, and then continue to use infinite stun or Okoye away. 

They can have Deadpool pop up and remind them cheekily that these nodes are not for crybabies. The dev did let players know that SCL 10 is for players looking for challenges, but you know what happened.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    We need a whole new mode rather than just extra levels on the existing game modes.
    Call it 'Thunderdome' (or Death Match) mode after the Mad Max movie (2 teams enter, 1 team leaves).
    1) It would be like regular PvP in that it would only feature 3 tile movers (ie no goons).
    2) The advanced AI mode would be enabled. This is the experimental one they wrote about in this Forum several years ago (you can search for it) where the AI found all the match 5s, tried to match away your special tiles/CDs while avoiding it's own, used it's own powers better and so on.
    3) The AI would get 3 team ups like the player gets and no boosts/supports allowed.
    4) Since it's a death match, if you lose (or retreat) all 3 characters are downed so you need 3 health packs. If you win, all 3 characters are returned to full health so they can be used immediately in the next match. Note that all teams start at full health for Death Matches so it won't be possible to enter with half health Thor for example.
    5) It would be similar to Gauntlet where you have to run a series of teams of increasingly harder levels. Series 1 would be 3* teams (ie both you and the AI can use 3* characters or below) starting at L66 and going to 266. Finish series 1 and you move on to Series 2 which would be 4* teams (both you and the AI can use 4* characters or below) starting at L170 and going to L370. Beat Series 2 and you move on to Series 3 which would be 5* teams and below (essentially any character) starting at L350 and going to L550.
    KGB
  • Bad
    Options
    KGB said:
    We need a whole new mode rather than just extra levels on the existing game modes.
    Call it 'Thunderdome' (or Death Match) mode after the Mad Max movie (2 teams enter, 1 team leaves).
    1) It would be like regular PvP in that it would only feature 3 tile movers (ie no goons).
    2) The advanced AI mode would be enabled. This is the experimental one they wrote about in this Forum several years ago (you can search for it) where the AI found all the match 5s, tried to match away your special tiles/CDs while avoiding it's own, used it's own powers better and so on.
    3) The AI would get 3 team ups like the player gets and no boosts/supports allowed.
    4) Since it's a death match, if you lose (or retreat) all 3 characters are downed so you need 3 health packs. If you win, all 3 characters are returned to full health so they can be used immediately in the next match. Note that all teams start at full health for Death Matches so it won't be possible to enter with half health Thor for example.
    5) It would be similar to Gauntlet where you have to run a series of teams of increasingly harder levels. Series 1 would be 3* teams (ie both you and the AI can use 3* characters or below) starting at L66 and going to 266. Finish series 1 and you move on to Series 2 which would be 4* teams (both you and the AI can use 4* characters or below) starting at L170 and going to L370. Beat Series 2 and you move on to Series 3 which would be 5* teams and below (essentially any character) starting at L350 and going to L550.
    KGB
    That seems pretty appealing to me. I would like to play that.
    If players really want challenging stuff, the dev need to disable all those typical cheap tricks used.  :D Level-wise, level 750-800 looks fine. If sudden matches are enabled like in boss nodes, the enemy levels don't have to be that high. These are targeted at those players who genuinely want challenging nodes. You can't be saying you want challenging stuff on one hand, and then continue to use infinite stun or Okoye away. 

Yes there is the option to ban the 3 game multipliers. Or do it just for 4* , loaning some if needed. Then the enemy levels would drop a ton, and it would be like a new game for a 5* player like me. Or the reverse, baning 4* and loaning 5*. 
    This option would need more creative design involved but it would be super original.

In this post here there are some nice ideas. Hoping devs get in the mood.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If big whales (probably less than 5% of all players) want more dificulty just stop using lvl 550 okoye and ihulks and other metas all the time and be more creative with teams. At that level i would be bored using the same teams all the time.

I would enjoy a feature were nobody can use the same team more than 5 times per hour.... or give more points towards placement if the used team has different level characters... now that will put some sweat on many rosters in both pvp and pve.
  • Bad
    Options
    Mayo said:
    If big whales (probably less than 5% of all players) want more dificulty just stop using lvl 550 okoye and ihulks and other metas all the time and be more creative with teams. At that level i would be bored using the same teams all the time.

Being hound and kgb 4* players that would mark me as a big whale, a 3 years player that did pass to 5* land. Do you know of the benefits of hoarding? If not, go and investigate, I dont have the time to explain it.
    Precisely in another thread Im standing for to rebalance okoye,but wait, now, new 5* characters have the possibility to spend a lot of money to own them. Okoye didnt had.

Here is a post for trying to develop the game, not just for whales spending, but for players wanting to play a bit more. 
    It is mentioned that any event should have difficulty levels, and then any player would not be forced to play the same game as others.
    For players that dont want to develop the game, please feel free to pass to another post.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Mayo said:

I would enjoy a feature were nobody can use the same team more than 5 times per hour.... or give more points towards placement if the used team has different level characters... now that will put some sweat on many rosters in both pvp and pve.
    I don’t know where you think whales are less than 5% here. Granted we always get the one or two people who aren’t always rebutting with “ I’m one who doesn’t spend money “ here , but if you see the rosters and all the $75 costumes you know it’s at least 50% in CL10. 
       And I absolutely agree with character limits . I just skipped 100 battles in Shield because they all use the same 9 characters despite rosters of 200-300 and if you don’t have at least 3 of them 475 plus you have no chance. Now I’m not going to deprive the people with no imagination the right to use whatever character, but possibly a roster filter in battle like in our roster search such as “ Compete against teams without X, Y and Z”. ( if you did a filter blocking 3 at most you could eliminate 99% redundancy in battles ). That way whales could continue to spend and non spenders could battle among their peers who aren’t mindless clones of each other and everyone would win . I’d love the challenge of creating new teams and seeing others do it too . ( Obviously you wouldn’t be allowed to filter out a character you hypocritically use in battle yourself ). 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    As a 5* SCL 10 player I never see all these creative teams people like to espouse on the forum. On the rare occasion that I do, it’s usually by those who understand that team will be crushed and plan to profit on retals. 

I’m not arguing that the system is perfect. It’s flawed, but such a filter would leave you hitting the same 3 or 4 people over and over again. Their only option, then, would be to switch to a strong defensive team.

This also seems like a point that was more valid a year or more ago. Now you have much more variety in the meta. Clearly they are addressing that issue (at least they were)...

Prof X/Onslaught/anyone
    Kitty/BRB/Polaris (or anyone)
    Okoye/Thor/anyone
    Apoc/Onslaught/Prof X
    Gritty/BRB
    Gritty/Polaris
    Okoye/IHulk

I could go on. 
    The point is none of these team are a cake walk. Besides Thorkoye almost any of them aren’t an easy win in PVP and even with Thorkoye if you don’t play right you will be eating health packs.

It might look different in your MMR, that doesn’t mean the whole game is Okoye/IHulk , you are suffering a transition from 4 to 5 that we all had to overcome. It’s a tough spot in the game and new problems will arise once you do make the jump fully, but the changes you are rallying for become largely irrelevant since they are merely inconvenient.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find Okoye/iHulk easy to beat.  What I don't like is that it is almost guaranteed to make me eat health packs.  Every other team on that list above may, or may not, need health packs.  But Okoye/iHulk is 100% I will need to eat health packs.  That's why I tend to skip them when trying to climb.
  • Bad
    Options
    Players just use what its the best. And right now there is no better team. Ihulk will damage always.  But its okoye who boosts the AoE on a second without time to reaction. But this is just on defense. 
    On offense the harsh truth is nobody is climbing to 1200 points. And its because in the time a no hulkoye team is collecting points there are hulkoye teams waiting to hit. And then you lose the points a lot faster than you earned.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bad said:
    Mayo said:

Being hound and kgb 4* players that would mark me as a big whale, a 3 years player that did pass to 5* land. Do you know of the benefits of hoarding? If not, go and investigate, I dont have the time to explain it.
    Precisely in another thread Im standing for to rebalance okoye,but wait, now, new 5* characters have the possibility to spend a lot of money to own them. Okoye didnt had.

Here is a post for trying to develop the game, not just for whales spending, but for players wanting to play a bit more. 
    It is mentioned that any event should have difficulty levels, and then any player would not be forced to play the same game as others.
    For players that dont want to develop the game, please feel free to pass to another post.
    Did not know god died and apointed you guru on how to play this game "correctly". If hoarding suites you fine, i myself won't wait years to open my hoard and max three 5* characters just to feel secure on getting t1 to t5 every time and to centralice rewards i probably dont even need. How boring! I play for fun.

Character rebalance, more orientation to puzzzle questing, star based arenas and character limitation will give most players more options to enjoy the game rather than implementing higher difficulty levels. 
  • Bad
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Bad said:
    Mayo said:

Did not know god died and apointed you guru on how to play this game "correctly". If hoarding suites you fine, i myself won't wait years to open my hoard and max three 5* characters just to feel secure on getting t1 to t5 every time and to centralice rewards i probably dont even need. How boring! I play for fun.

Character rebalance, more orientation to puzzzle questing, star based arenas and character limitation will give most players more options to enjoy the game rather than implementing higher difficulty levels. 
    First you called me a big whale and now a guru? Pretty funny. 
    How I should call you, some guy admitting doing review bombing at any time you are bored?
    Did you had a nice time retiring this game and playing others, like you were talking about? Or did you get bored and returned here to make some noise?
    Play like you want this game, be sure that anything related to you is one of the last things Im concerned.
    And cheers!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im with Mayo.  I would like more game and event options, not a HIGHER difficulty level (read: larger time sink).

Some of @HoundofShadow's and @kgb's suggestions sound good for newer game modes that embrace difficulty while making it a whole 'nother mode that doesnt affect our current PvE.  I like that.  Its akin to the Fireside Puzzles and other "different" game modes.

Ive got a roster of 21 5* champs, with most every meta character champed.  And yes, its boring to use the same stuff over and over.  But i also dont wanna sit around for longer than i have to.  Yes, i play for fun, but at the same time, i normally play this during "downtime"... During work breaks, bathroom, sometimes after kids go to bed...  Im not looking to put MORE time in.

Which brings me to this -- remember Support Circuit?  Yeah, that was kinda nice... But i dont want that again.  It was an extra time sink for a few extra resources (albeit different resources).  On the flip side, the fireside puzzles, and bosses like Apoc, have a "puzzle-y" design that i appreciate and would accept more of.

Battle @ the Basilica had those one on ones... Which were nice and challenging later on, but i quickly found that champed Apoc eats them all.  Boy, how tough would that node be if you locked out tiers higher than the opponent, and kept the levels somewhat "normal"?  All of a sudden, vulture is a bit more scary of an opponent, karnak is more dangerous, etc.

Or maybe something silly like Evergreen but on specific event nodes.  "You can only select a character with a purple cover!". Or something similar.

So many ways to flavor it without just "adding more layers to the health sponges" we fight.