turbomoose
turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
Took me 22 pulls to get a Yellowjacket cover 

not my best success rate!!

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a Yellowjacket on my second pull. Normally I would have stopped but I wanted to finish off my Thor and try to fully cover my Storm. Did 100 pulls and got 11 5s. 

3 YJ
    5 Thor - fully covered with 2 saved covers
    3 Storm plus a cover from shards to get her to 12 covers.

Two shard covers for Apoc to put him at 12. If Storm is the essential 5* in the next event then with two more fem-Thor covers I can champ her. Sad that I only have 5 cp left. :(
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    18 pulls to roster the bug. Also got 2 5torm covers and avoided levels for my Thor, which I was happy about.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I got a Yellowjacket on my second pull. Normally I would have stopped but I wanted to finish off my Thor and try to fully cover my Storm. Did 100 pulls and got 11 5s. 

3 YJ

Two shard covers for Apoc to put him at 12. If Storm is the essential 5* in the next event then with two more fem-Thor covers I can champ her. Sad that I only have 5 cp left. :(
    Does the 5E for Storm get skipped because of the alliance event or does the rotation pick up where it left off after?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    shardwick said:

3 YJ

Does the 5E for Storm get skipped because of the alliance event or does the rotation pick up where it left off after?
    I have no idea. They should have just put Storm shards in progression like it said in the What's New thread.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    50 pulls. Stopped because I kept pulling thor. 5 Thors. No YJ. No Storm. Ugh. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm avoiding the store because of 5Thor.  Don't want any more covers.  I can get YJ next time they are required in SCL10 and then pull when Magne5o leaves for more covers.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    29 pulls yields 4 5-stars so right on average. 3 x Thor (1 of each color) for champ levels and 1 Blue YJ. Having the extra Thor levels is good as my Okoye was 18 levels higher before the pull.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eight pulls.

Two champ levels for Thor
    Two Yellow Jacket covers, putting him at 1/1/0.

The 50% pull rate almost makes up for going 0/73 for Yelena Benlova...
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I went textbook odds... for a time.
    1-6 4*
    7: Thor red
    8-13 4*
    14: Thor green
    15-20 4*
    21: Yellowjacket blue

Then I foolishly pushed my luck when I came back later and opened 18 more covers with the rest of my CP and all of them 4*s.  Should've saved them until the next new character vault!
  • MiNiMooMoo
    MiNiMooMoo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    55 pulls

3: Thor
    3: Storm
    3: YJ

I stopped cause my horde won't be enough to fully cover Thor
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    48 pulls, 1 YJ, 2 Storm - not very good at all
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am in a conundrum. I have yet to pull YJ but I pulled 2 Storm which was good but also 2 Thor which leaves him 5/5/2 with two saved covers. Do I keep pulling? Matters are further complicated by the fact I have 535 shards just waiting to be used but I was probably going to apply these to Okoye. However...I also got my Iceman to 300 which resulted in a 2/5/5 cover situation for 5* Bobby. So now I don't know what to do. Is Thor worth champing without Okoye? Or is Iceman the better option? If I draw more Storm covers she might even come into play. YJ seems the least important consideration...
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I am in a conundrum. I have yet to pull YJ but I pulled 2 Storm which was good but also 2 Thor which leaves him 5/5/2 with two saved covers. Do I keep pulling? Matters are further complicated by the fact I have 535 shards just waiting to be used but I was probably going to apply these to Okoye. However...I also got my Iceman to 300 which resulted in a 2/5/5 cover situation for 5* Bobby. So now I don't know what to do. Is Thor worth champing without Okoye? Or is Iceman the better option? If I draw more Storm covers she might even come into play. YJ seems the least important consideration...
    I'll try to compartmentalise.

1) Yes, Thor is worth champing without Okoye, but only if you have Apocalypse. I usually use Thorpocalypse to breeze through PVE CL10, as well as pick-2 PVP. However, you can afford to leave him at 5/5/2, and let that last cover come organically, such as via Valkyrie. 5 Green is really all you need.

2) What is your Okoye's build? She's definitely a priority over Thor in terms of shart allocation. How is your Shuri like?

3) Iceman is serviceable at 2/5/5. Once again, how is your 4* Iceman like?

4) I would prioritise Thor over Iceman. As mentioned, Thor goes well with both Okoye and Apocalypse. Meanwhile, the only time I use Iceman is for the Challenge nodes in CL10. Icethorkoye is my go-to for that.

5) Following some distance behind those three is Stor. She's fun to play, but in terms of how often you'll use her she lags wayyyy behind Okoye, Thor, Iceman.

6) And yes, YJ doesn't even come near any of them.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1st pull was Thor, 5th pull was Yellowjacket.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I'll try to compartmentalise.

1) Yes, Thor is worth champing without Okoye, but only if you have Apocalypse. I usually use Thorpocalypse to breeze through PVE CL10, as well as pick-2 PVP. However, you can afford to leave him at 5/5/2, and let that last cover come organically, such as via Valkyrie. 5 Green is really all you need.

2) What is your Okoye's build? She's definitely a priority over Thor in terms of shart allocation. How is your Shuri like?

3) Iceman is serviceable at 2/5/5. Once again, how is your 4* Iceman like?

4) I would prioritise Thor over Iceman. As mentioned, Thor goes well with both Okoye and Apocalypse. Meanwhile, the only time I use Iceman is for the Challenge nodes in CL10. Icethorkoye is my go-to for that.

5) Following some distance behind those three is Stor. She's fun to play, but in terms of how often you'll use her she lags wayyyy behind Okoye, Thor, Iceman.

6) And yes, YJ doesn't even come near any of them.
    Thanks for the reply BBR! OK

1. Apocalypse is ready to champ. Cool that Thor is workable as is.
    2. Okoye is 5/3/2. My thoughts were to take her to 5/4/2. She is 5 levels below Thor so I figured I could overlap him so she starts tanking but that was before these Thor covers. Edit: Shurinus also 300.
    3. 4* Iceman just reached 300, so yeah I could wait.
    4. Noted, thanks.
    5. Yeah, I figured as much.
    6. Yeah, he can wait for LTs
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have Storm and Thor both championed, and my hoard is still recovering from Adam Warlock. I'll wait until Yellowjacket hits tokens and I can pull for three characters I don't have champed.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    36 Pulls, 3 Thor (2 Green and a Yellow), 3 Storm All green. No YJ yet. 
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it in 1!  Back to waiting for Deadpool to leave, and possibly Magneto too....
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    50 pulls and it worked out close to perfect.
    5 Yellow Jackets, 3 Thor ,1 Storm for an 18% pull rate.
    I didn't need any Storm as I had her covered and the 3 Thor covers take him to 5/4/3 so in 12 more Valk covers he will be champed (though with 5 Green there is no rush since I want him below Okoye/Apoc).
    I'll likely get YJ close to covered if the next couple 5* are worth breaking a hoard for.
    KGB