Marvel Puzzle Quest R219 Release Notes (1/18/21)

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You just need to keep it firing all the way around. You're creating team up cascades, healing, and occasionally triggering RTF. I lucked into a 4* RTF early on, and in that case for me it's more about the AP games it plays than the might-fire AoE. There's only a 17.99% chance it'll fire the AoE, but it also happens when she fires her red, so it is probably happening more than i'm noticing. Thor has his own AoE that's just fine, so if it happens great, but it's not like the point of it. The rank 2 perk of having a 33.57% chance of getting 2 free TU when she matches TU and the synergy perk of her powers costing 1 less for every 5 ap you have banked (to a maximum of 2) are the real reasons to run it.

But as you can see, once you have 10 TU in the bank, Indomitable Spirit only costs 5ap to fire, so you can imagine a cascade scenario getting you 10 yellow pretty readily, right? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, and I would like to see happening in PvPs too. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I mean, if you are using Okoye, you will be letting her tank, right? When you make your first match, chances are, she is the one who will be soaking the first match damage from opponent. So, even if Okoye can't fire her yellow due to being full health, what's the probability of that happening? If you have 7 yellow ap at the start of the game, that's not normal because majority of the players can't achieve that. Also, having R3 Royal Talon Fighter is not common. 

If you’re using her with Strange/ Sanctum Santorum 5, you start with 7 yellow 70% of the time 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another change is now seconds are counted on chat messages and more importantly on events beginning and ending. Pretty nice.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been noticing something I'm not to pleased about. As most people here I'm farming characters. Today I had a yellow 2* Storm. I have a maxed 5/5/3 Storm and a 2/0/2 Storm. Because the one Storm is maxed, I get the 'Train' sign. However, when I pressed it, it didn't train the 2/0/2 version, but instead it rearranged the 5/5/3 Storm to a 4/5/4 Storm. I can't remember having this happen before, beforethe last update.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    That has always happened with dupes, if the color you get is on the short color stack on your max champ it prompts you to respec rather than defaulting to the duplicate.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Dogface said:
    I've been noticing something I'm not to pleased about. As most people here I'm farming characters. Today I had a yellow 2* Storm. I have a maxed 5/5/3 Storm and a 2/0/2 Storm. Because the one Storm is maxed, I get the 'Train' sign. However, when I pressed it, it didn't train the 2/0/2 version, but instead it rearranged the 5/5/3 Storm to a 4/5/4 Storm. I can't remember having this happen before, beforethe last update.

I had this happen with my 4* Fury and his dupe.  I was not pleased.  @ThaRoadWarrior the problem is it isn't prompting you to re-spec, it is automatically using the cover to re-spec the max champ when you hit the train button.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Ah, so there is no confirmation, it's just doing it? I know it's always tried to get you to re-spec rather than prioritizing the one that can still benefit from it though.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It happened since long time ago. Go to the filter and upgrade, and there it is posible to train the lower character.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    Options
    In the Bugs section of the forum, an admin responded that the issue has been reported and that you should talk to technical support about any covers lost due to this.

I had it happen with 3* Punisher and 2* Daken.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had it happen once recently, was just a 3* so not a huge deal but yeah a 4* cover lost would be pretty tiny kitty