Marvel Puzzle Quest R219 Release Notes (1/18/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R219 Release Notes.

“Room”

• Sting like a bee with Yellowjacket (Darren Cross), now in select events!
  • Work your way up the Leaderboards in the Battle at the Basilica Alliance Event on 1/21.
  • Crush those gems and collect your rewards…we’re halfway through the Soul Stone Season!

Additional Details:

• New Recruit/Offers UI coming soon
  • Favoriting a hero on the Roster screen now updates the filter counter immediately
  • Favoriting a hero on the Roster screen now updates the heart icon for any duplicates of the character immediately

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fixed your changelog:

- Event countdown timers now show seconds (no more "<1m"). YAY!
    - Okoye Yellow no longer can be fired if she is at full health
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:

Tinykitty WHAT?
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Fixed your changelog:

They pulled a Captain M5rvel on us again. Thanks for the alert @supergarv
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    supergarv said:
    Fixed your changelog:

They pulled a Captain M5rvel on us again. Thanks for the alert @supergarv
    Okay, I'm starting to take this personally...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @supergarv
    Are you sure that happened? I just got the update, and I went in to the first node in Infinite Pursuit (against Thanos), and stacked up yellow AP so I could fire off her yellow first turn, and I was able to fire it with full health.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Yeah I just did it again on the second node, and she was still able to fire off at full health. Is it possible there was a Thano5 purple tile on the board for whatever you tried it on?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Tried it on a third Story node - at least for me, the Okoye can't fire behavior is not happening on iOS. She is working as she always has
  • supergarv
    Options
    I think I know what happened!

I used Okoye yellow on the PVE challenge node with Thor and Polaris against Carnage. At the end the board was probably full with special tiles. She was at full health and I got this when I tried to use yellow:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Z6B6iC1VC74gbTCVh68vYnZQ

The message should have read „Already at full health OR no 4 basic tiles exists“.
    I do think though it worked before when the board was full?!
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    I think I know what happened!

I used Okoye yellow on the PVE challenge node with Thor and Polaris against Carnage. At the end the board was probably full with special tiles. She was at full health and I got this when I tried to use yellow:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Z6B6iC1VC74gbTCVh68vYnZQ

The message should have read „Already at full health OR no 4 basic tiles exists“.
    I do think though it worked before when the board was full?!

Well, if the board was full of special tiles and she was at full health, it wouldn't do anything so that makes sense.  I would think you can fire if she needs health or tiles can be converted, but not if neither is true.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Yeah, that totally tracks.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Imagine that really happens, what's the probability of your Okoye being full health before firing off yellow under normal circumstances? I think it's going to be rarer than getting 500 5* bonus shards.  :D
  • supergarv
    Options
    Its all because of Royal Talon Fighter. With 5 yellow cost and free AoE you wanna fire yellow because of that, not to heal :)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I seem to recall I have fired Okoye’s Yellow when she was not at full health but the board was full of specials and she did heal. Anyone else confirm?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It should do at least one of its two effects as long as one of them is possible. Full health with a full board should result in a blocked fire. And if you are using Thor, you can definitely have a full health mid-match scenario.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    That's not considered normal circumstances because it's not something many has at high level, and they haven't enabled supports in PvP yet. At least I know why.  B)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Using 50% Thor with Okoye is not "normal" circumstances? 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I mean, if you are using Okoye, you will be letting her tank, right? When you make your first match, chances are, she is the one who will be soaking the first match damage from opponent. So, even if Okoye can't fire her yellow due to being full health, what's the probability of that happening? If you have 7 yellow ap at the start of the game, that's not normal because majority of the players can't achieve that. Also, having R3 Royal Talon Fighter is not common. 

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is because the board is full of specials.  I've seen it several times.
    If she needs health but no basic tiles available, it can fire to give the healing, but won't change any tiles.
    If she's full health, but basic tiles are available, it will fire and change some of them - this is extra useful with an almost-full board as basic tiles are often clustered at the top leading to cascades.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I mean, if you are using Okoye, you will be letting her tank, right? When you make your first match, chances are, she is the one who will be soaking the first match damage from opponent. So, even if Okoye can't fire her yellow due to being full health, what's the probability of that happening? If you have 7 yellow ap at the start of the game, that's not normal because majority of the players can't achieve that. Also, having R3 Royal Talon Fighter is not common. 

You can multi fire her yellow across a match because Thor collects plenty of yellow passively. It’s pretty normal to fire it mid match at full health.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    His 5 ap gains are split across red, yellow and green, but I get where you are coming from. My Okoye is rarely full health mid match, even with 5* Thor destroying 5 tiles. So, I guess players are storing her yellow aps to fire multiple time to increase the chance of triggering Talon Fighter or end the match close to full health?