What's New MPQ (Updated 1/13/21)

Options

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There’s also Danger, the physical manifestation of the X-men’s danger room.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Maybe it relates to one of the rooms in the board game clue (or cluedo as it's known over here). Ballroom is one of the rooms in the classic game. Ballrooms are for dancing. 5* dazzler incoming?

Before anyone says, I know it's a clue for a 4* but I thought I'd go for the classic call back. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    Maybe it relates to one of the rooms in the board game clue (or cluedo as it's known over here). Ballroom is one of the rooms in the classic game. Ballrooms are for dancing. 5* dazzler incoming?

Before anyone says, I know it's a clue for a 4* but I thought I'd go for the classic call back. 
    If it gets us back to guessing Dazzler for every clue, I like it.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cindy Moon (Silk) was locked away in a room (bunker) for 10 years by Ezekiel to keep Morlun from detecting her...
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also another factor for the 4 and who it is or could be is if the feeders continue then it could be related to the next 5-star to be fed. Is that Mr. Sinister?
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It would make sense to be Nadia honestly. That way they release the two Ant Man related characters in a row, and then have Yellow Jacket be Nadia's feeder.  Who knows. She may even have swarm tiles. Makes more sense for a Wasp character to have Swarm tiles like the original Wasp anyway. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It could be someone related to one of the nine rooms in Clue.  They usually don’t use the word clue , sometimes I’ve seen hint . I accuse Daredevil with the Billyclub in Hell’s Kitchen.
      ( Or Franklin Hall aka Graviton)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It could be someone related to one of the nine rooms in Clue.  They usually don’t use the word clue , sometimes I’ve seen hint . I accuse Daredevil with the Billyclub in Hell’s Kitchen.
      ( Or Franklin Hall aka Graviton)
    I was thinking the same thing especially since the latest episode of Puzzle Warriors makes a similar reference:
    Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#276: Yellowjacket, in the Study with the Candlestick
    It made me think the next character is a detective of some kind (Jaime Madrox/Banshee/Monica Rambeau)?
    KGB

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    4* Tommy Wiseau?
    His powers would be called

Disaster Artist

I did not hit her, I did naaaht!

and

oh, hi Mark. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Clue: Room" is an anagram of "Cruel Moo".

Looks like we could be getting Bessie aka Hellcow.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bessie_(Earth-616)
    I would be 100% fine with Hellcow  :#
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Room run backwards is Moor....Rahne, Fitz or...

Moira MacTaggert Confirmed!

also she did lock her own son up.....like the movie Room
    Banshee found clues of her and Xavier in a strange room....
    she lives in a “no place” which is a kind of tumorflower room....

Or Miss Scarlet - 4* Switch

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    There’s also Danger, the physical manifestation of the X-men’s danger room.
    Oh, of course. It’s this one, people.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wonder if the Legendary Token in progression for boss event will be replaced with 5* shards.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    I wonder if the Legendary Token in progression for boss event will be replaced with 5* shards.

If it is then the big question is how many? A LT gives a 1/7 chance of a 5* cover so does that make it the equivalent of that many shards (would be 75 I think?). They are not likely to give out too many, unless the whole rewards system has been overhauled.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bzhai said:

If it is then the big question is how many? A LT gives a 1/7 chance of a 5* cover so does that make it the equivalent of that many shards (would be 75 I think?). They are not likely to give out too many, unless the whole rewards system has been overhauled.

An LT is worth more than 75 shards because it also gives a 4* cover if you don't get the 5. So it would have to be at least 125.
    KGB
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bzhai said:

An LT is worth more than 75 shards because it also gives a 4* cover if you don't get the 5. So it would have to be at least 125.
    KGB

I am happy to accept that, I didn't even have the back of a napkin for my maths!
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So for Infinite Pursuit, Bruce Banner is the 5E, but the progression rewards (as been common for a while) is the new 5*, Yellowjacket. 
    But that means the very infrequent appearance of an old 5* will not actually give any shards for that character. That is not very cool. Did anyone at D3 think even for a moment about that?
    It is really an issue with this practice overall, if it is not properly planned, some characters get featured effectively less.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options

2) It looks like we are finally getting 5* rewards in solo alliance event progression! Really curious to see how generous this is!
      They've actually made this "mistake" before, unfortunately.  One other boss event they said it was going to offer 5* shards and it did not.  Not sure if they corrected the error before the event went live but as you can see now they've changed the alliance progression to a Legendary token.

So for Infinite Pursuit, Bruce Banner is the 5E, but the progression rewards (as been common for a while) is the new 5*, Yellowjacket. 
    But that means the very infrequent appearance of an old 5* will not actually give any shards for that character. That is not very cool. Did anyone at D3 think even for a moment about that?
    It is really an issue with this practice overall, if it is not properly planned, some characters get featured effectively less.
      Not only are we missing out on Banner shards but we'll be missing out on Storms as well (since we aren't getting shards for this boss event).  I was looking forward to champing Storm with shards but I will not be getting them through this classics run.  I'm sure they're probably doing this because people would probably revolt if one of the three Latests was skipped over because of an alliance run.  But I do share your frustration because on one hand I love alliance events but I'm also a champ 'em all guy but it makes it very difficult to cover classics when I can't get shards for a classic because it runs on a new release 5* or an alliance event.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Storm will feature in the event after the Boss event. Those shards we get.

Edit: or that was how it used to work...maybe we get the Storm shards in the boss event instead? New territory.

So we do have a rock and a hard place situation: the people chasing Banner shards miss out or they run a 2nd event featuring Banner and we have to use one of the worst 5s in 2 events!