What's New MPQ (Updated 1/13/21)

Options

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So for Infinite Pursuit, Bruce Banner is the 5E, but the progression rewards (as been common for a while) is the new 5*, Yellowjacket. 
    But that means the very infrequent appearance of an old 5* will not actually give any shards for that character. That is not very cool. Did anyone at D3 think even for a moment about that?
    It is really an issue with this practice overall, if it is not properly planned, some characters get featured effectively less.
    It's a no-win situation though. They either replace a classic 5* with the release event, or it's one of the 5 in LL, which people are also clamoring for.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Or just not give out new character shards until they are featured? Or give us a loaner 5E for release events?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So we do have a rock and a hard place situation: the people chasing Banner shards miss out or they run a 2nd event featuring Banner and we have to use one of the worst 5s in 2 events!
    This IS the second Banner event though. Trust me, I want his shards bad, as he is the last classic I need to have them all finished. But he was actually featured not that long ago. The 5* rotation seemingly changed and the new cycle started with Iron Man, and then Banner was second. I want to say around 19 classics ago he was featured. So while I guess we are technically missing out on his shards this event, he didn’t get skipped necessarily. 

The weird part is that last time his hfh cover was blue, so it’d expect it to be black this time, but instead we got purple. Not a big deal, just strange all around. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So we do have a rock and a hard place situation: the people chasing Banner shards miss out or they run a 2nd event featuring Banner and we have to use one of the worst 5s in 2 events!
    This IS the second Banner event though. Trust me, I want his shards bad, as he is the last classic I need to have them all finished. But he was actually featured not that long ago. The 5* rotation seemingly changed and the new cycle started with Iron Man, and then Banner was second. I want to say around 19 classics ago he was featured. So while I guess we are technically missing out on his shards this event, he didn’t get skipped necessarily. 

The weird part is that last time his hfh cover was blue, so it’d expect it to be black this time, but instead we got purple. Not a big deal, just strange all around. 
    No, when he was initially featued in the "new" rotation, his HfH cover was Black. So now it's Purple, as it should be.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve/p1?new=1
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I believe when Adam Warlock was released we skipped one round of Ghostpool shards. So it´s not just classics specifically.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    I believe when Adam Warlock was released we skipped one round of Ghostpool shards. So it´s not just classics specifically.
    That has been the case since Havok or Sinister were in Latests. Their sharts were skipped in PVE to make way for the debuting 5*. Apocalypse was also skipped goodness knows how many times.
    The period of release was problematic cause they had to release yelena and apoc back-to-back when the whole world went into lockdown.Either way, it sucks for us players.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No, when he was initially featued in the "new" rotation, his HfH cover was Black. So now it's Purple, as it should be.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve/p1?new=1
    No, I’ve been meaning to tell you, you misquoted me when you copy/pasted my list. I listed the color that should be coming up NEXT rotation, not the color that was already featured. I’ll PM you my list of you’d like
  • BlackBoltRocks
    Options

No, I’ve been meaning to tell you, you misquoted me when you copy/pasted my list. I listed the color that should be coming up NEXT rotation, not the color that was already featured. I’ll PM you my list of you’d like
    Wouldn't it have been easier to just list the colour that was featured at that point in time, instead of projecting? Keeps things simple and avoids confusion like this. And we all know how unpredictable the devs are.
  • Shaydenn
    Shaydenn Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It states there is a 5* in solo progression as a reward but I don't see he in the reward preview.    
    • Solo Progression Rewards: Black Widow (Original), Colossus, X-23, Storm (Ororo Munroe)
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shaydenn said:
    It states there is a 5* in solo progression as a reward but I don't see he in the reward preview.    
    • Solo Progression Rewards: Black Widow (Original), Colossus, X-23, Storm (Ororo Munroe)
    I assuming it was a copy/paste error and that that will be the list for the PvE after the boss event.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We just had two classics in a row (Kingpin and Hulk) and usually this is followed by the three latest 5s and not another classic, like Storm would be.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We just had two classics in a row (Kingpin and Hulk) and usually this is followed by the three latest 5s and not another classic, like Storm would be.
    If we do get 5torm as the 5e after Battle at the Basilica, it just confirms that they only want Deadpool to be featured one more time (instead of two more times) before he leaves on 8 Feb.
    Which is disappointing as 2 more DP5 in 5E would passively champ him for me 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Shaydenn said:
    I assuming it was a copy/paste error and that that will be the list for the PvE after the boss event.
    Even the date was wrong. My alliance were unimpressed and I looked a right chump telling them what the forum said only for it to be totally wrong. 😠
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At this point, the copy/paste function takes more time, causes more confusion, and isn't worth it at all.

Just rewrite it each time please.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    edited January 2021
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Loosie said:
    Shaydenn said:
    Even the date was wrong. My alliance were unimpressed and I looked a right chump telling them what the forum said only for it to be totally wrong. 😠
    Thankfully my alliance knows that the devs are full of bollocks and don't happy-go-luckily trust whatever info is provided here. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 3,718 times...
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thankfully my alliance knows that the devs are full of bollocks and don't happy-go-luckily trust whatever info is provided here. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 3,718 times...
    Everyone knows that it's shame on you the 3,720th time. You have a couple left.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Storm will feature in the event after the Boss event. Those shards we get.

You were correct she is the essential for Cosmic Chaos and I can get her shards there.  Now figuring out how to take on Thor, Valk, and Glad Hulk in 5e node on SCL 10 is my biggest problem lol.  The challenge nodes are no walk in the park either, though.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jtsings said:
    Storm will feature in the event after the Boss event. Those shards we get.

You were correct she is the essential for Cosmic Chaos and I can get her shards there.  Now figuring out how to take on Thor, Valk, and Glad Hulk in 5e node on SCL 10 is my biggest problem lol.  The challenge nodes are no walk in the park either, though.

For really hard pick 2 where my Thorpocalypse or Thorkoye won't do, I go with either:

Vulture + iHulk: get Vulture airborne and let iHulk chase black and pound away. With Storm as the featured 5e this event, she'll be popping out charged Black tiles making it easier to get (and keep) Vulture in the air.

Polaris + Beta Ray Bill: chase blue and stunlock the enemy team
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh for the love of Thor, No...it's Furious Charge time...