Options
2»

Comments

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Azerack said:
    So, I've been logging in getting the daily reward and a free card pack. I keep seeing this journal changing from 1 to 4, now... Haven't done anything with them (not sure if anyone even recognizes me as an old player, but that's irrelevant, I suppose).

Why are they even changing number?
    Different journals have different possible quests.  E.g "Deal 100 damage to opponent's PW" can appear in Welcome Journal 1 but not the others, "Win 2 fights with a Beginner deck" is possible only from Welcome Journal 2, and so on.

Different journals also have different progression rewards (as I think Tremayne already said).

As with most mtgpq topics, the wiki describes what's known so far about quest journals.  https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Quest_journal
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the answers. So we MAY end up with Welcome Journal 50 unless they are cycling through a certain number of them and eventually they go back to 1... 

I wish I had more impetus to play, though. I've been down on it ever since the tweaks to the reward packs in the VIP rewards (among other things). 

Thanks again, friends, and Happy Lunar New Year. :smile:

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I really hope they ramp up the rewards and the difficulty of puzzles for the long game with welcome journals . Like maybe welcome journal  100 is a  none dupe mp!
    but the quests are extreme: create 1000 tokens in a single game, have a creature with 10,000 power or win in 2 turns.

something to keep the game interesting for players that invest the time
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another bug in Quest Journal: you can get two same quests (e.g. both 1st and 2nd being "cast 30 blue or black cards"). If you then complete this quest, both of them dissapear, however you get reward only for one of them, and only one timer starts a new countdown. So, if you get a dupe quest, you're one quest behind.

Happened to me already three times. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @Persil
    Thank you so much for this feedback.
    This issue was confirmed and will be fixed next release!

We really appreciate the heads up,
    Marcela.