4* Chase Stein (Runaways)

Options
Kelvinkhr
Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
edited December 2020 in Speculation and Concepts

Chase Stein (Runaways)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)

Talkback - Black (Passive)

When an enemy fires a power, places a 3-turn Countdown tile on the board that generates an additional Team-Up tile when an ally makes a match. When Team-up tile AP reaches 10, consumes 10 Team-Up AP to fire a friendly power at no cost.

Level 2 - Places a 4-turn Countdown tile on the board that generates two Team-Up tile when an ally makes a match.

Level 3 - Effect triggers at 9 AP. Consumes 9 AP to fire a friendly power at no cost.

Level 4 - Places a 5-turn Countdown tile on the board that generates three Team-Up tile when an ally makes a match.

Level 5 - Effect triggers at 8 AP. Consumes 8 AP to fire a friendly power at no cost.

Fistigons - Yellow (10 AP)

Chase Stein fires off a series of attacks from the Fistigons. Destroys 8 random tiles, dealing damage and creating two friendly special tiles of strength 80. For each member of the Runaways on the team, creates an additional special tile.

Level 2 - Creates a Critical tile.

Level 3 - Creates two critical tiles and two friendly special tiles of strength 100.

Level 4 - Creates two friendly special tiles of strength 120.

Level 5 - Creates two friendly special tiles of strength 140.

X-Ray Goggles - Green (8 AP)

Chase Stein puts on a pair of X-Ray goggles that allow him to see things. So cool! Destroys enemy Invisibility tiles and damages them for 900 damage. Places a 3-Turn Countdown tile on the board that allows Chase to hit Invisible enemies with his powers and see enemy Trap tiles. 

Level 2 - Deals 1000 damage when destroying Invisibility tiles. 

Level 3 - Places a 4-turn Countdown tile.

Level 4 - Deals 1100 damage when destroying Invisibility tiles.

Level 5 - Deals 1200 damage to the enemy team when destroying Invisibility tiles. Places a 5-turn Countdown tile.

Comments

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Man I was just thinking about making a Chase pitch! If they included your version here he would be my next target immediately haha, he's a tad bit over powered. Fairly easy to tone him down to a still good but not quite so godly level though.

Talkback is a solid passive but I might increase the cost of activation to 10 even at the highest rank, or make it drain all team-up AP, just to prevent it from being overly spammable.

Fistigons is cool, but the triple benefit is a little over the top, particularly with a good passive like that, so perhaps drop the max critical tiles to two and the tile destroy to 8, and/or the passive, and make the tile addition contingent on having an active Runaway ally. Karnak creates 3 critical tiles for 8 blue, and deals a bit of damage, but even considering his damage increase on turn 4, tile destruction, protect tile creation, and 3 critical tiles for only two more AP is far better, even without either passive aspect.

X-Ray Goggles is very interesting, and I really like the thematic connection with being able to target invisible enemies, but completely negating the ability to go invisible is pretty strong, and negating the airborne status doesn't fit thematically, so I would recommend that only Chase himself be able to target an invisible enemy, with powers at least, and remove the airborne aspect. You could also make it an active that destroys enemy invisible tiles and passively reveals enemy trap tiles instead. As for the other aspect... I love it, but it would be quite the game breaker. Even cost reduction is an insanely good ability, to the point that it has mitigating factors such as minimum cost caps, and generally require an active cost or some other factor to be met. Passive reduction of AP cost alone would be a solid passive, a passive that lets you cast for free is massively more powerful, even if it's only a percent chance to make it free.

You seem very focused on free casting with him, which I get, but it's an incredibly powerful ability. You could combine Talkback and X-Ray Goggles for a more balanced way to get what you're looking for if you have it so that you drain team-up AP before colored AP. 
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Man I was just thinking about making a Chase pitch! If they included your version here he would be my next target immediately haha, he's a tad bit over powered. Fairly easy to tone him down to a still good but not quite so godly level though.

Talkback is a solid passive but I might increase the cost of activation to 10 even at the highest rank, or make it drain all team-up AP, just to prevent it from being overly spammable.

Fistigons is cool, but the triple benefit is a little over the top, particularly with a good passive like that, so perhaps drop the max critical tiles to two and the tile destroy to 8, and/or the passive, and make the tile addition contingent on having an active Runaway ally. Karnak creates 3 critical tiles for 8 blue, and deals a bit of damage, but even considering his damage increase on turn 4, tile destruction, protect tile creation, and 3 critical tiles for only two more AP is far better, even without either passive aspect.

X-Ray Goggles is very interesting, and I really like the thematic connection with being able to target invisible enemies, but completely negating the ability to go invisible is pretty strong, and negating the airborne status doesn't fit thematically, so I would recommend that only Chase himself be able to target an invisible enemy, with powers at least, and remove the airborne aspect. You could also make it an active that destroys enemy invisible tiles and passively reveals enemy trap tiles instead. As for the other aspect... I love it, but it would be quite the game breaker. Even cost reduction is an insanely good ability, to the point that it has mitigating factors such as minimum cost caps, and generally require an active cost or some other factor to be met. Passive reduction of AP cost alone would be a solid passive, a passive that lets you cast for free is massively more powerful, even if it's only a percent chance to make it free.

You seem very focused on free casting with him, which I get, but it's an incredibly powerful ability. You could combine Talkback and X-Ray Goggles for a more balanced way to get what you're looking for if you have it so that you drain team-up AP before colored AP. 
    Thank you for the wonderful review. I definitely look forward to seeing your ideas for Chase as well. 

To e honest, I was worried that I made him a little underwhelming haha. Those are some great suggestions! I will amend the moveset.

Thank you very much once more.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Glad you liked the feedback- I made my own Chase suggestion, as well as some other Runaways if you're interested. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84112/my-runaways-suggestions#latest