Need opinions for new person

2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes I miss being able to purchase Standard Tokens for...100 iso was it?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    i wanna say 500 iso... but i could be wrong.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    PiMacleod said:
    i wanna say 500 iso... but i could be wrong.
    Yeah, it was 500.  I remember getting stuck in a rut back in the day and just dumping tons of ISO to hopefully get 3*s I didn't have and MAYBE EVEN 4*s, since I was having a very hard time transitioning into 4* star land because of just rotten luck.  

I do remember getting some Invisible Woman covers from Standard tokens, though.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    @Speed283

While some of the content has already been covered this this thread, this is a link to a great guide for new players. I friend of mine is following it religiously and has been doing very well for been free-to-play and only 5 months into MPQ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/wiki/new-player-advice
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Just a word of advice if you're looking to spend on this game. Amazon has Digital Days once a year. They offer deals on their Amazon Coins, which can be used for in-game purchases. I took advantage of an offer for 50% off Starks. I'm still living off that HP two years later (I have been a casual player for years now). You can also join a Buy Club (through Line) and maximize your earning of CP. Heed the advice already given and reserve HP for roster slots. Take your time adding 4* and 5* characters, it will have a negative impact on your progression, especially if you do PvP.
  • Speed283
    Speed283 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Rawfsu: thanks for your advice. Do you know when the next Amazon Digital Days event takes place?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ wasn't included in last year's Digital Day I don't think, not sure about this year.
  • Speed283
    Another curious situation for a newbie. I have been playing for 6 months now. I have 200-210 savory/sweet tacos. Should I wait until I have the full 300 or (anxious to open) 250?
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Speed283 said:
    Another curious situation for a newbie. I have been playing for 6 months now. I have 200-210 savory/sweet tacos. Should I wait until I have the full 300 or (anxious to open) 250?
    Really depends on what you´re aiming for. If it´s a specific 4* cover I'd wait till 300 for 100% success rate. If it's for some resources like HP you could get lucky and hit them all with 250. 

You're so close to 300 though, why not wait it out?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the introduction of Spicy Vault and Daily Quest, players can get a 4* cover every 14 days, instead of waiting for months to get them from Sweet or Savoury vault.

If I were a new player at this stage, I would save up until I get 300 tokens and  then aim to get those HP instead. There are 12 x 250HP and 1 x 1000HP, which makes it a total of 4000HP, and a 13/300 chance of getting them. If I hit the 1000HP early in my pull (~30 - 45 pulls), I would probably stop and save up again.
  • Speed283
    New question- it seems to me that the last pvp and the current one (Dakken and now snow ball) seem exceedingly hard for me. Polaris and R&groot or Medusa kill me. I normally use Karnak and IM40. My Medusa isn’t useable yet. Any ideas for me? I’m nowhere near champed 3’s yet, except The good Dr Strange. 
    I found this game and like it so much that I rushed it too fast...Yes, I was a whale at first!
  • Speed283
    Another observation: I find that with the introduction of new characters I have a better chance...yet with Scorpion, I kept running into that Polaris with others R&G...Medusa making things too hard.
    Thanks for all your help in advance!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What does your roster look like? (Any link or IGN?)

Also, what are their levels?
  • Speed283
    Thanks for your help OJSP! Know of any alliances I could join? If not, what do I look for when searching?
  • Speed283
    With milestone- I just upped Karnak to lvl 283 champ. Should I keep raising his levels?
    I know I’ve progressed my game too fast, but he is my prize toy!
  • Speed283
    I now have pepper Potts ready 5*...should I leave her where she is?
  • Speed283
    I think I don’t have any shards. It says by her name “ready to unlock” so in guessing just to leave her as is as I have no covers. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    ah... I think he's at the point where there's enough shards to unlock her, but that's it.  Like, he doesn't have a cover in her yet, but there's enough shards saved up....?

Otherwise, I have no clue why it would say that.  But if this is the case, and if you have the slot or HP spare to make it so, I'd do it.... just to have a single cover ready for essential nodes.