Something nice to say about MPQ

2»

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please tell me how one effectively uses the giant-AP requirement that is Namor.  From my usage, it seems that most any fight is over before he can do anything.  Scrooge McDuck counted his entire gold coin hoard before Namor fired off a power.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never said he was good. But that dude sure can blow his horn. 😉
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    A trend I'm reading here for "newbies" is that there's so many roster slots to buy, and so many covers and whatnot thrown at you early on... that the requirement for HP becomes evident REALLY fast.

Back in the early days, you made some HP from the prologue, and you still can today!

But back in the early days, that little bit of HP you made just went to the couple of characters you had waiting.  You didn't need much, just a bit.

Maybe that's the problem -- the prologue needs an overhaul.  I would venture that the prologue should be updated with new rewards that address the current day newbie problems.  

Of course, I have NO IDEA how they'd prevent us long-time vets from capitalizing on it -- after all, if they gated us out, there'd probably be backlash (which is silly).  Maybe make the prologue PvEs have a Shield Rank gate, where the bigger your Shield Rank is, the lower the prologue rewards are...?  This could reinforce having newer players complete the prologue as soon as possible, to get the best possible rewards, while not closing them out of the storyline (if they care to read/play it).

This would, of course IMO, need a nice highlighted mandatory tutorial text that pops up when entering the game.  One of those things that dims most of the screen, and a highlighted box pops up and points at the Prologue story tab, and describes how the rewards are greater when played with earlier Shield ranking.  In other words, spell it out, so players aren't so mad if they miss it just due to ignorance.

I think this could help alleviate the problems new players have, because the game can provide greater rewards to new players, which could even be updated every year, or half-year, to try to keep new players in mind... all the while, us established players shouldn't be bothered by it, because we already have farms going, or are deep in 4* territory, etc, to really care about going back to the prologue.  Yes, yes... "we never got those same rewards"... but we've been playing for longer, meaning we got more time and rewards from the game, so I would hope that no one would complain TOO much for 'missing out'.
    I've said in the past that it would be cool if they expanded the Prologue. Maybe add a new chapter every other season that slowly transitions from a 1* difficulty up to a 5* difficulty. They could also bring back the gauntlet and make it part of the Prologue as a special extra chapter that could be replayed with new challenges and rewards every season.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    I've said in the past that it would be cool if they expanded the Prologue. Maybe add a new chapter every other season that slowly transitions from a 1* difficulty up to a 5* difficulty. They could also bring back the gauntlet and make it part of the Prologue as a special extra chapter that could be replayed with new challenges and rewards every season.
    I like this idea.  Maybe make it like the old Heroic versions of the Prologue levels, but with a rotating cast of "featured" characters.  Maybe it could reset and change characters every PVP season or so.