What's New MPQ (Updated 11/18/20)

13»

Comments

• Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    AlexR said:
    So I've been on a hiatus for a while, can anyone fill me in-- since when do we get Latest Legends tokens for the boss event (alliance+personal progression) rather than 2 tokens for the new Legendary store?
    That's new to me, when did they change that?
    Really wish I could remember. That being said welcome back and hopefully you have fun.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    AlexR said:
    So I've been on a hiatus for a while, can anyone fill me in-- since when do we get Latest Legends tokens for the boss event (alliance+personal progression) rather than 2 tokens for the new Legendary store?
    That's new to me, when did they change that?
    Really wish I could remember. That being said welcome back and hopefully you have fun.
    Thanks! It has been a while; almost a year. I was deeply frustrated last Christmas when shards happened and I saw how much HP they had quietly stripped out from champ rewards and moved higher up in pvp. I still love the game, but was already feeling a little burnout and that just completely killed my motivation. So I stopped.
    My region went back into hard-lockdown a week ago and I missed the game and got curious what had become of it. So here I am, arriving to a shiny new UI with saved teams and daily challenges! I still do love the game, the teambuilding especially, so yeah I've been having fun exploring my roster while I champ more stuff. The 4* meta is now also a lot easier to handle than it was back then, haha. Long live Sabretooth, for he munches on Polaris/Grocket snacks.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I can't get in to MPQ at the moment. Anyone else having the same problem? It means I won't be able to enter Spidey PvP. Bit of a pain that, missing the CP. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    AXP_isme said:
    I can't get in to MPQ at the moment. Anyone else having the same problem? It means I won't be able to enter Spidey PvP. Bit of a pain that, missing the CP. 
    This event started days ago , you had plenty of time to enter. It’s over now , but it’s extremely suspicious play to ignore the event for 51 hours and then want to get in the final few hours .
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I usually only start close to the end and with a 4 week old baby chances to play are few and far between. I'm not sure how that qualifies as suspicious but I guess maybe you're better versed in suspicious behaviour than I am. 

Congratulations on your bubba! Hope you are getting some sleep.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    AXP_isme said:
    This event started days ago , you had plenty of time to enter. It’s over now , but it’s extremely suspicious play to ignore the event for 51 hours and then want to get in the final few hours .
    You quite literally have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Timing your joining to take advantage of brackets has been a thing for years. It's strategic, and calling it "suspicious" is absurd.
    This reminds me of a similar situation. 500 people were employed by a company, to do the same amount of work per day , from 9 to 5, and everyone was paid for 8 hours. The work really only took 1 hour but 499 showed up at 9 AM. The company had no rules on tardiness. There was one guy though who thought it was “ strategic “ to come in at 4 PM, get all his work done , and get paid the same as everyone who worked 8 hours. The other 499 people thought he was a complete lazy tiny Kitty ( not me, just everyone else who worked there ). 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    AXP_isme said:
    You quite literally have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Timing your joining to take advantage of brackets has been a thing for years. It's strategic, and calling it "suspicious" is absurd.
    This reminds me of a similar situation. 500 people were employed by a company, to do the same amount of work per day , from 9 to 5, and everyone was paid for 8 hours. The work really only took 1 hour but 499 showed up at 9 AM. The company had no rules on tardiness. There was one guy though who thought it was “ strategic “ to come in at 4 PM, get all his work done , and get paid the same as everyone who worked 8 hours. The other 499 people thought he was a complete lazy tiny Kitty ( not me, just everyone else who worked there ). 
    It shouldn't, because that has absolutely nothing to do with how and why brackets work. You also don't seem to understand what's strategic about choosing when to join. You're just complaining that people don't play the way you do, when it doesn't even effect you.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    AXP_isme said:
    Wow. More than a little hyperbole there. I guess you feel like this was some knowledge drop or something? It could easily be that the one guy was the only one with any sense and he just didn’t care what “everyone” thought....

In general it sounds suspiciously made up though.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2020
    If I had a nickel for every story I’ve heard from my friends in IT running secret apps, scripts & servers to do their jobs...

Welcome to the age of automation, where all of your hard work is literally worth nothing.

Now, on the subject of brackets, I don’t think the devs can make everyone happy with the way they work, but I will say that I am not 100% happy with them. Still, it’s hard to give up placement rewards when we can get them. I would love for MPQ to be free of the time constraints that keep me logging in for a little over an hour every day & picking up PvP wins, but I would also love a champed Hulkoye. Both would come with completely new problems.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    How did this thread devolve into the rubbish above? Good grief.

Back on topic. Fight for Wakanda preview is up in the game. The following PvE might be the last time Daken is the featured 5* before he moves into Classics.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    How did this thread devolve into the rubbish above? Good grief.

Back on topic. Fight for Wakanda preview is up in the game. The following PvE might be the last time Daken is the featured 5* before he moves into Classics.
    Shrug.jpeg

Daken should rotate out of Latest on the 14th. We'll get an event with a Latest 5 on the 13th or 14th (depends on whether or not the previous Thursday's event is a 3-day or 4-day).

So yeah, decent odds Daken's last featured event (and the shards that come with it) is up soon.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Sadly, I pulled for Daken and got a bunch of Heimy instead. So the samurai will have to wait. 2 more events would have almost got me there. Ah well.