Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @DAZ0273 ok, I give up. you won.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    @DAZ0273 BRB is korbinite cyborg. He just has been modified to have less human face. The Korbinite themself arent equine race. I hardly consider him as a equine of any sort.

Even though, we have far more feline or canine characters than equine in MPQ. Even if I stretch it, it would be... 2. BRB and Valkyrie (she has a horse). Not much to make anything special with it. So...

So you are saying that the person who created Beta Ray Bill and is quoted as saying his features are based on being horse like...is wrong? I am fully aware that in his untransformed/modified form, Bill looks more like he is made out of a sack! But Cyborg BRB is neigh the same looking!
    You're arguing two different things.

The fact that Beta Ray Bill was designed to look like a horse does not change the fact that he is NOT a horse character, and has zero equine themes the way Black Panther and Black Cat have feline themes.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    @DAZ0273 BRB is korbinite cyborg. He just has been modified to have less human face. The Korbinite themself arent equine race. I hardly consider him as a equine of any sort.

Even though, we have far more feline or canine characters than equine in MPQ. Even if I stretch it, it would be... 2. BRB and Valkyrie (she has a horse). Not much to make anything special with it. So...

So you are saying that the person who created Beta Ray Bill and is quoted as saying his features are based on being horse like...is wrong? I am fully aware that in his untransformed/modified form, Bill looks more like he is made out of a sack! But Cyborg BRB is neigh the same looking!
    You're arguing two different things.

The fact that Beta Ray Bill was designed to look like a horse does not change the fact that he is NOT a horse character, and has zero equine themes the way Black Panther and Black Cat have feline themes.

Actually, I was just horsing around! OK, I'll stop now...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    @DAZ0273 ok, I give up. you won.

Nah, I think you are right matey - I shouldn't have jumped in with a sarcastic comment/joke, no harm meant. :smile:
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are a lot of references of BRB looking like a horse. Those who have never seen BRB before might also mistake him for a horse. 

During this year International Cat Day, Cat Scratch Fever vault had shards of BP, Kitty Pryde and Prowler. So, BRB doesn't literally have to be a horse. I'm sure no one mind having a vault to get BRB shards or having his feeder announced on whichever Horse Day they choose, if they decide to take this day into account.  B)

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beta Ray Bill is obviously a reference to Mr. Bill, TV's famous talking horse from back when televisions were still in something called 'black & white'. Walt Simonson must certainly be a fan of talking horses, so he created one in Beta Ray Bill. A walking, talking, horse who was more worthy than Thor and took the Thunder God's hammer from him.

So he most certainly is a horsy, long-snouted, alien... whatever-thing. But the most important thing you're all forgetting is that he's worthy.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JJ costume just popped up.

The original offer was:

Sherlock Jones costume: $74.99 bundle 10,000 HP
    5 tokens for the Inner Demons store
    5 alliance CP

The latest offer is:
    8000 HP
    3 Latest Tokens
    5 Alliance CP
    600 Jessica Jones Shards

2000 HP, 2 LT (50CP/5000HP) have been traded for 600 Shards.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Beta Ray Bill is obviously a reference to Mr. Bill, TV's famous talking horse from back when televisions were still in something called 'black & white'. Walt Simonson must certainly be a fan of talking horses, so he created one in Beta Ray Bill. A walking, talking, horse who was more worthy than Thor and took the Thunder God's hammer from him.

So he most certainly is a horsy, long-snouted, alien... whatever-thing. But the most important thing you're all forgetting is that he's worthy.
    Wasn't that Mr. Ed the talking horse?  I thought that Mr bill was the little clay man who always got squished? I'm not super familiar with old TV shows, is there another talking horse show also named Mr. Bill?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr. Ed?!? No, no, no, that would totally invalidate my argument.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 601 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some of you are trying to undermine the upcoming National Horse Day celebration.