Halloween Fun(?)

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news&f=halloween-2020-activities-10-22-20&l=en&fbclid=IwAR0uJ5FhjOI0hT5q4bhD2gtp0vYeASgbZhZvCPP-Ge6SXUjUMIUdDhF_DNI

Posted on Facebook.

TLDR: Free Blade cover. Spooky regular PVP.  A vault token.  I mean, free is free, but <yawn>.

Comments

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's only Halloween do we really need a large celebratory giveaway/event?  :p
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's more than we got for President's Day.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    I mean, other than Christmas, it's the biggest commercial holiday in the US.  Not saying we have to get anything, just stating a fact.
  • Rhipf
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Rhipf said:
    I mean, other than Christmas, it's the biggest commercial holiday in the US.  Not saying we have to get anything, just stating a fact.
    I would argue that in the US the second biggest commercial holiday is Thanksgiving but for other countries you could be correct.  :D
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    pheregas said:
    Rhipf said:
    I would argue that in the US the second biggest commercial holiday is Thanksgiving but for other countries you could be correct.  :D

Please, do not assume that other countries celebrate Halloween too. In My country November 1st we usually go to cemetry and grave yards to visit... you know Who so mostly we do not think about Halloween but how to get to right place in right time.
    After Christmas, biggest commercial time is... I dunno... Valentine's Day or Easter. I think.
    In my Country they are trying to do something called "Black Friday" but it is so lame that calling it that way
  • Rhipf
    Options
    Sorry if it came across that way but I wasn't trying to imply that all other countries celebrate Halloween just that for the US Thanksgiving is probably more of a close second to Christmas than Halloween is.  :)
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Based on the amount of time stores donate to advertising holidays when I was working , Christmas/ Kwaanza/ Festivus were the longest , then Valentines Day and Easter. Thanksgiving is also hugely popular , probably would be 2nd, but is overshadowed by Christmas . I wouldn’t put Halloween higher than 5th
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on the amount of time stores donate to advertising holidays when I was working , Christmas/ Kwaanza/ Festivus were the longest , then Valentines Day and Easter. Thanksgiving is also hugely popular , probably would be 2nd, but is overshadowed by Christmas . I wouldn’t put Halloween higher than 5th
    See, that's only based on that one criteria, though. Valentines, Easter, and Thanksgiving don't have entire stores that spring into existence for the season (like Spirit Halloween). Halloween tends to take up more aisles at big box stores as well.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Rhipf said:
    pheregas said:
    Rhipf said:

Please, do not assume that other countries celebrate Halloween too. In My country November 1st we usually go to cemetry and grave yards to visit... you know Who so mostly we do not think about Halloween but how to get to right place in right time.
    After Christmas, biggest commercial time is... I dunno... Valentine's Day or Easter. I think.
    In my Country they are trying to do something called "Black Friday" but it is so lame that calling it that way
    Sounds like Brazil.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    See, that's only based on that one criteria, though. Valentines, Easter, and Thanksgiving don't have entire stores that spring into existence for the season (like Spirit Halloween). Halloween tends to take up more aisles at big box stores as well.
    It must be nice to brag about being rich . When I was a kid , every year the costumes for my sister and I cost $1. It was 4 white pillowcases . Two had eye holes cut into them and we went as ghosts , the other 2 were carried to collect candy . And we were happy just getting free candy which had to last us until Easter . But at least none of my neighbors ever tried to poison or kidnap us . 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    It must be nice to brag about being rich . When I was a kid , every year the costumes for my sister and I cost $1. It was 4 white pillowcases . Two had eye holes cut into them and we went as ghosts , the other 2 were carried to collect candy . And we were happy just getting free candy which had to last us until Easter . But at least none of my neighbors ever tried to poison or kidnap us . 
    Easy with the personal attacks. I'm talking about something you can observe for free, and is completely unrelated to whether or not you even celebrate the holiday. I'm not even sure I've even been in a Spirit Halloween. I just pay enough attention to notice them spring up for a month or so every year.
  • Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Can’t tell if this is serious or an attempt to be funny.

Nothing in his post suggested he was bragging or that he was rich; i cannot see how anyone could have gotten that out of what he wrote.

Also, for the record, none of my neighbors ever tried to poison or kidnap me. Not sure what point you were trying to make there, but I am fairly certain most people have never experienced neighbors like that.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Mrcl25 said:
    Sounds like Brazil.
    Poland it is.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Mrcl25 said:
    Sounds like Brazil.
    Poland it is.

Close ... :D
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Since the devs are all in the US, naturally, Halloween is a pretty big deal and it's a day where people have fun dressing up as something else. 

I wonder, how big of an event is National Horse day?
    In 2004, Congress designated December 13th as National Day of the Horse, and has been celebrated each year since. The day was established to encourage U.S. citizens to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history, and character of the United States.

There's also a World Horse Appreciation Day. 

The day 16th November was created by Digital Horse The Global Equestrian Platform, who wanted to set aside a day to celebrate horses and their place in our world. It is a full 24 hours of recognition and adoration to honour and respect horses, for all that they do to enrich our lives.

Hopefully, the devs can do something special for horses, just like what they did for felines this year. I think BRB has also contributed a lot to MPQ economy. With the introduction of Polaris, I think the numbers would have gone up significantly.

• Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hopefully, the devs can do something special for horses, just like what they did for felines this year. I think BRB has also contributed a lot to MPQ economy.

BRB is not a horse - he is Korbinite. Korbinite Cyborg to be specific. And Korbinite are human-like. So, ya know. Not even close to horse on level like T'Challa is to black panthers or Felicia Hardy/Kitty Pryde are to cats.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Mr_F said:

Hopefully, the devs can do something special for horses, just like what they did for felines this year. I think BRB has also contributed a lot to MPQ economy.

BRB is not a horse - he is Korbinite. Korbinite Cyborg to be specific. And Korbinite are human-like. So, ya know. Not even close to horse on level like T'Challa is to black panthers or Felicia Hardy/Kitty Pryde are to cats.

Walt Simonsen, Baltimore Comic Con, August 28, 2010 :
    We had to take him, make him into a character that the Hammer would recognize. So I wanted for Bill, I wanted him to have a "monstrous" look as a visual, so that everyone would think he's a bad guy, and I got letters after the first issue that said "What on earth? Why is this monster picking up the hammer, what's wrong with you?" and I said "I got it!" So I basically started with a skull, and then I made him a bit like a horse, with the gap behind the teeth. But horses are beautiful creatures.

That sounds as if Bill is meant to resemble a horse to me...

• Mr_F
    Options
    @DAZ0273 BRB is korbinite cyborg. He just has been modified to have less human face. The Korbinite themself arent equine race. I hardly consider him as a equine of any sort.

Even though, we have far more feline or canine characters than equine in MPQ. Even if I stretch it, it would be... 2. BRB and Valkyrie (she has a horse). Not much to make anything special with it. So...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    @DAZ0273 BRB is korbinite cyborg. He just has been modified to have less human face. The Korbinite themself arent equine race. I hardly consider him as a equine of any sort.

Even though, we have far more feline or canine characters than equine in MPQ. Even if I stretch it, it would be... 2. BRB and Valkyrie (she has a horse). Not much to make anything special with it. So...

So you are saying that the person who created Beta Ray Bill and is quoted as saying his features are based on being horse like...is wrong? I am fully aware that in his untransformed/modified form, Bill looks more like he is made out of a sack! But Cyborg BRB is neigh the same looking!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Spidey knows how to take care of his horse.