Can we please change Mysterio's affiliation from Heroes to Villains?

Options
Jacklag
Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
I don't think it's gonna be a spoiler anymore, if it ever was. Come on, I want to use the Thinkerer as a support for him.

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hot take -- what would be the harm in having BOTH?!?!

I mean... it's not like Mysterio (or many others for that matter) would heavily abuse this.  It wouldn't break any metas, and it's ONLY for PvE, sooooo...

Heck, I'd be down for doing this to more characters.  Elektra has a history of flippin' sides!  I'm sure there's more than a few that could earn this title.  And I'd say that it has to be more than just a one-issue instance.  Like, if Hawkeye went all crazy for an issue because the Purple Man told him to, that doesn't count.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nani?  
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Hot take -- what would be the harm in having BOTH?!?!

I mean... it's not like Mysterio (or many others for that matter) would heavily abuse this.  It wouldn't break any metas, and it's ONLY for PvE, sooooo...

Heck, I'd be down for doing this to more characters.  Elektra has a history of flippin' sides!  I'm sure there's more than a few that could earn this title.  And I'd say that it has to be more than just a one-issue instance.  Like, if Hawkeye went all crazy for an issue because the Purple Man told him to, that doesn't count.
    That's right! Black Cat being classified as a Villain is one that doesn't sit well with me still.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly forgot he was in the game.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure why he's listed as a hero at all. I know he pretended to be one in Far From Home, which is what MPQ's version is based on, but it's not like it was a big secret Mysterio was the bad guy to anyone with the barest awareness of comic books.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'm not sure why he's listed as a hero at all. I know he pretended to be one in Far From Home, which is what MPQ's version is based on, but it's not like it was a big secret Mysterio was the bad guy to anyone with the barest awareness of comic books.

I understand your point, but what we didn't know was how it would play out. For all we knew at the time, their plan could have been to milk it over the course of multiple MCU films. So, I think it's fair he was a hero on initial release, just like it is now fair to ask for the switch. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Nani?  
    I thought he was quite underrated, and did solidly for Manchester United. That's the drawback of inevitably being compared to Cristiano Ronaldo.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If we’re doing this, can we get ‘Nextwave’ added to Elsa?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kwahder said:
    If we’re doing this, can we get ‘Nextwave’ added to Elsa?
    Only if we get the rest of the team... including Captain Tinykitty.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Nani?  
    I thought he was quite underrated, and did solidly for Manchester United. That's the drawback of inevitably being compared to Cristiano Ronaldo.

He was no Kleberson, that's for sure.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    Nani?  

How do you feel about Ravel Morrison then?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    Nani?  

Squandered talent, disastrous attitude, borderline hilarious ego.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Speaking of hilarious ego's - Mysterio! I don't think he needs a villain or hero tag - just label him "Sad".
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Speaking of hilarious ego's - Mysterio! I don't think he needs a villain or hero tag - just label him "Sad".

Well, this hero/villain switching thing is relevant for Talos, as is the "sad" label. Maybe Talos is more "depressing"...
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Talos could sue the game for defamation of character.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock said:

On a related note, in the coming days I'll get a 4* Thanos cover from daily gifts.. and while I'm a 4* player (even fully covered 5*s still at lvl.255) I have never found the need to champ 4* Thanos to this day. And there are more 4* characters like that on my roster, and it's not like I have any lack of Iso-8 with 35M stashed.

But I guess that's ok, since I'm starting to think it's not just me: even the devs seem to only have a vague idea of what characters do or how they impact the game. Look at Polaris, she's looking like a serious unholy abomination op OPness.. and then they introduce Negasonic some weeks later which is looking like a total dud in my opinion (abililiy wise).

OT: I feel the point about the affiliation of Mysterio has merit. Didn't even know he has ever been a hero in the comics for real, and not pretending to be with ulterior motives.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    Nani?  

Squandered talent, disastrous attitude, borderline hilarious ego.
    It's sad whenever I think of him. He could have been better than Pogba.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Hard to forget when he's the big reward for Daily login and has been onscreen once a day for the past 10 days.  Tomorrow is the day though!  Then it's back to teasing me with 50 HP.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The thing is that I hate Mysterio and always have done. Even though I can champ him and he isn't the worst 4* I refuse to do so out of spite. My son thought it was hilarious and so he purchased a Funko Pop Mysterio and my wife who also thinks it is hilarious has it displayed on my mantlepiece at home. So I don't care if he is good, bad or ugly - he is still a stupid fish bowl wearing non-entity who has the super powers of "Film Crew Extra". And since when are supervillains called Quentin?!?!? He sounds like somebodies butler.