Marvel Puzzle Quest R212 Release Notes (9/28/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R212 Release Notes.

Celebrate 7 years of MARVEL Puzzle Quest!

Put on your party hats as your favorite MARVEL Puzzle Quest characters are ready to kick-off the Anniversary festivities on October 1 with all-new content, events, and free gifts and bonuses.

• Place your orders with the newly transformed Deadpool. Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) is ready to spread hellfire in his flaming hot Taco Truck ride for display on October 8!
  • Stay home for a friendly Game Night in Deadpool’s Nightly Games – A new 7 night unlock event.
  • Limited Release Covers: Find those hard to find Howard the Duck, Devil Dinosaur, and Taskmaster covers during the Anniversary Season!

Additional Details:

• On the Steam version of the game, scrolling to the bottom of the Roster with the scroll wheel will now correctly display the last row of characters
  • A banner now correctly displays when Loki (God of Mischief)’s Feign Death trap tile is matched
  • A banner now correctly displays when an enemy Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) fires their Rocket’s Pack power

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• Kusik73
    Kusik73 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    More feeders are always welcome!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like we are getting a long long overdue update to Deadpool daily. Maybe in conjunction with a 5* Deadpool.

KGB
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will that flaming hot taco truck be serving up some feeders? 

We’re clearly starving!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the newly transformed Deadpool a new character?  A new costume?  A new NPC?  From the wording, it could be almost anything.  Very curious.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can your boy get a side of that Spider-Ham to go with the Devil D, Taskmaster, and Howard tho?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Feed me please
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All i want are feeders and daily 4 star node
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 4/3/5 Spider-Ham continues to sob silently in his Spider-slop trough...
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the newly transformed Deadpool a new character?  A new costume?  A new NPC?  From the wording, it could be almost anything.  Very curious.

It's a new 5*, out next week.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Sounds like we are getting a long long overdue update to Deadpool daily. Maybe in conjunction with a 5* Deadpool.

KGB

Unfortunately not, no changes in DDQ (apart from new characters that have been added over the last few weeks).
    Deapool Nightly will run alongside DDQ as a 7 day event, I assume it'll be like the special Christmas events.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The UI of the roster selection has been changed a bit; instead of a box outline now the whole box is filled green.

However now as I grind it seems to me that banners and the CD animation (circles going towards the tile where it was placed) is like 30% slower than before. Can that be? If so...can you instead please make it like 50% FASTER instead? The gameplay speed really makes me annoyed, I spend more time waiting than matching.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My 4/3/5 Spider-Ham continues to sob silently in his Spider-slop trough...
    Yes! This!
    It sucks. I only had two goals for the Anniversary. 
    Finish and champ Taskmaster
    Finish and champ SpiderHam.

I guess Porker gets to sit all alone at the bottom of my 4* roster...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't there a random Spider-Ham cover in the final boss clear rewards in the Battle of the Basilica alliance event? Not that that runs very often...
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes. As a Round 8 node reward. I get one every time, but that's what 3 times every two years - at most?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a "Gotta Champ them All" player myself, I feel for you.  That's brutal.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    My alliance can’t get far enough to earn that Basillica reward :(
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The new Deadpool event is only for 1 week?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My alliance can’t get far enough to earn that Basillica reward :(
    I'd invite you in the alliance we're in, but last I heard, you run yours, so you're likely attached.

We always beat round 8, and we're casual (aka "no rules", except dont be gone for over a week without letting us know, and don't be a tinykitty to others)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I appreciate that, I do get offers to jump ship here and there. But yeah, I started mine because like 2 or 3 of us are IRL coworkers. Most of the rest are usually young rosters. It's not the hugest deal to me that we don't finish, but I've always hated having stuff like that gated behind the performance of others. Like a salary bonus that's pro-rated based on the overall performance of a company over which you have little to no personal agency. So it's fun to complain sometimes. ham is legit the least well thought out character in the tier, so he is the trophiest trophy for the sake of having a trophy so far; it's not really hurting me any.