2021’s most-wanted

Options
zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
I realize these types of threads get started at least once a month....so like, you’re welcome!  Lol

2020 still has some new releases to go, but honestly, this year is so horrifying that I just want to look past the year’s end.  Sometimes I find myself happy with new characters, and at other times bummed with the new release.  I’m an older comic-lover in his late-forties, so some of my most-wanted characters are a little out there.  Without further ado, here’s my most-wanted

Spider Villains:  Scorpion, Hobgoblin, Electro, Lizard, Rhino

Others:  Mojo, Longshot, Spiral, Captain Britain, The Brood, Sauron, Red Skull, Taskmaster (BW movie version), The Marauders, Caliban

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Most wanted: Wrecking Crew, Red Skull, Zemo and Enchantress. In that order.

Also We already have Scorpion in game: at some point in comics he was a host of Venom's symbiote and at that time he was a Dark Avengers member posing as Spider-Man. In MPQ its presented as 1*Venom. But I assume You think about more classic version, so I just leave it here as trivia.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could think of some great power kits to emulate Leech or Absorbing Man that would make them favorite or meta 
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Most wanted: Wrecking Crew, Red Skull, Zemo and Enchantress. In that order.

Also We already have Scorpion in game: at some point in comics he was a host of Venom's symbiote and at that time he was a Dark Avengers member posing as Spider-Man. In MPQ its presented as 1*Venom. But I assume You think about more classic version, so I just leave it here as trivia.
    Yeah, he was even in the movie Homecoming,,,but I want my Scorpion with a tail.  Lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I continue to Stan for Omega Red as a 5*. Also Mojo and Longshot
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Second (third?) Longshot, Capt. Britain, and Omega Red. 

Also, obscure longshot request - Gateway. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @zonatahunt
    I’d second most of those, adding Warlock (from New Mutants).

@Rosraf
    Gateway is someone I’d like to see in game, but also obviously a support. Forge maybe?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Honestly.....There is only 1 character I really really want. I want a 5 star Superior Iron Man. If Cap has 2 5 stars, why can't Iron Man? 
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Just off the top of my head:

Jamie Madrox - Multiple Man
    Strong Guy
    Captain Britain
    Wonder Man
    Cannonball
    Puck
    Blink
    Longshot
    Black Knight
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omega Red
    Hope Summers
    Franklin Richards
    Mephisto

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vulcan
    Silk
    Electro
    Lizard
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It has to be Omega Red. Next year got to be his year.

Others:
    1) Dormammu
    2) Electro
    3) Rhino
    4) Void
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forbush Man.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My most wanted for 2021: Covid to be eradicated.

In terms of characters:

Beyonder
    Odin
    Franklin and/or Valeria Richards
    Omega Red
    Blackheart
    Shuma-Gorath
    5* Scarlet Witch
    X-Force versions of Psylocke and X-23
    Crystal
  • J0nnythejig
    J0nnythejig Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m still astonished Omega Red is not in game, I’ve voted for him every survey and from here and Facebook he is always mentioned.... has to be 5* though.

Jingoistically I’d also love to have Brian Braddock in game 😂
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hank Pym

Red Skull

Arcade (preferably as a boss)

Blob/Pyro/Toad

Lizard

A nanotech Iron Man suit. Infinity War or Endgame would have been nice, but what I REALLY want is THIS from the comics, that can function away from Tony, turn into Hulkbuster, has a stealth mode, and a full on Samurai getup complete with sword. Hook me up with some insane awesome Iron Man nonsense, please.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ooh, I like suggestions for Forge, Maddrox, and Puck too. 

Before 5-stars existed, I predicted Silver Surfer, Phoenix, and Old Man Logan should/would be the firsts (on these boards). My fourth prediction - Power Pack including Franklin Richards.  It was a joke, but if we can have Howard the Duck, we can have a Power Pack. 
  • Juize
    Juize Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I still don't understand why Mantis is the only one from the infinity saga not in the game.. 

That's why I would love to see Mantis, but I'm afraid they will wait for gotg3 release 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thay waited with Heimdall and others so Mantis maybe sooner than you think.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to wander off the well trodden path of Wrecking Crews and look for some more out there options. Of course none of these have a hope in the hot place but why not have some fun, eh?
    If you want a Samurai themed Marvel robot then look no further than:
    RED RONIN! I like that in the Earth X series, Tony Stark actually turns big red into his home/armour where he lives inside!
    Speaking of EARTH X, I am not too big a fan of Red Skull but this was a very cool twist
    Anybody remember Mutant X? The version of The Beast was green and amphibious! We could do with a 4* Beast!
    Now for something AWESOME:
    Awesome Android to be precise! Or Andy as he likes to be called!
    This next guy just maybe the most creepy bad guy in Marvel history:
    The evil demon Belasco who was responsible for kidnapping little Illyana and bringing her up in a hell dimension with this guy as a "play mate"
    I do wonder if S'ym might be problematic in non comic book media as he was made as a parody of Dave Sim but the two of them would reflect the more supernatural theme the X-Men went through for a while. He would probably have made a nifty Support.
    Considering that he was the backbone of the MCU for the first 10 years, we have basically zero Iron Man villains in game (Ghost was even nicked for Antman). There are a bunch to choose from too, although some of them might be a bit outdated and difficult to adapt for modern audiences (I am looking at you Radioactive Man), so howzabout:
    Spymaster! Now SM isn't really all that much in terms of a one on one battle BUT he did once steal the secrets of Tony Stark's technology and then sold it to Justin Hammer and he literally sold it to EVERYONE! Even S.H.I.E.L.D! Thus was born the Armour Wars and we got to see the sort of self determination Tony Stark possesses over fears about his technology - these themes and also his falling out with Captain America in the story heavily influenced the MCU and Civil War. And Spymaster doesn't even appear in the story!