Please fix these annoying issues that affect objectives.

1) Lifelink should not be separated from damage. If I kill the opponent with 20 damage with lifelink I should get the 20 life BEFORE the games ends.

2) If I trample thru a creature to kill the opponent the dead creature should count towards my kills BEFORE the game ends.

3) Razio, Boros Archangel. If I trample thru her she is DEAD. Stop assigning me damage for that attack and any others that turn. Have lost games due to the 27 damage I should never have taken.

Thank you.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    @DragonSorcerer - totally agree that these points are extremely annoying. I wonder if you have considered the effect of ensuring the above?

1. As of now, it seems (through experience) that the code for dealing damage will, immediately after dealing damage, check for life point less than 1. If so the end match code is initiated.
    Let us assume that there is only one creature(with no other effect than lifelink) and no support on the board. Your request is easily accomplished by just performing the lifelink effect.
    Now let us assume, that the board is filled with 6 creatures and each player has 3 supports on the table. Now either everything must be executed or else a elaborate priority has to be maintained in order for “legal” effects to be executed. This will open an enormous can of worms with so many unforeseen problems, that it is better to just let be.

2 is basically the same situation.

3 is a variant that leads to effects disappearing during your turn. This solution could be just a damaging to you as the current situation. Therefore my recommendation is to accept this limitation and learn to work around it, because there has been no indication that this will be fixed anytime soon.

Given the limited amount of developers on this app, I wouldn’t get my hopes up that this will be fixed before a complete refactoring of the underlying game engine. So I think that you will have to wait a very long time before your request is granted by the MTGPQ Genie.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Tremayne said:
    @DragonSorcerer - totally agree that these points are extremely annoying. I wonder if you have considered the effect of ensuring the above?

3 is a variant that leads to effects disappearing during your turn. This solution could be just a damaging to you as the current situation. Therefore my recommendation is to accept this limitation and learn to work around it, because there has been no indication that this will be fixed anytime soon.

How do I "work around" someone else playng Razia !

For 3) if a creature dies, set it's power to 0 and then Razia would do 0 damage. Seems a simple change to me (programmer for 36 years).

As for 1) an 2), the first thing to do after the end of match would be to honor lifelink and creature death counters (without triggering anything), again not beyond simple programming.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    @DragonSorcerer - simple work around for Razia - use removal.

3 what if the damage based on power is calculated into the cost of Razia, so my mana expenditure will be diluted if you get to set my Razia to 0?

1 and 2 still a can of worms to let the effects run rampart after the match is finished.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Tremayne said:
    @DragonSorcerer - simple work around for Razia - use removal.

3 what if the damage based on power is calculated into the cost of Razia, so my mana expenditure will be diluted if you get to set my Razia to 0?

1 and 2 still a can of worms to let the effects run rampart after the match is finished.
    3 ? Not a clue what this sentence means. Why would anything be based on a dead creature ?
    1 and 2 I said NO triggers, simply update life and dead creature counter.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve learned to stop wishing for changes in the game, and to accept that the best decision is to use the bugs to your advantage until the time comes that maybe they get fixed. It’s not worth the mental energy to hope for this game to ever be “right”.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    critman said:
    1) Lifelink should not be separated from damage. If I kill the opponent with 20 damage with lifelink I should get the 20 life BEFORE the games ends.

2) If I trample thru a creature to kill the opponent the dead creature should count towards my kills BEFORE the game ends.

3) Razio, Boros Archangel. If I trample thru her she is DEAD. Stop assigning me damage for that attack and any others that turn. Have lost games due to the 27 damage I should never have taken.

Thank you.
    #1 here I think is a hangover from the days of Quick Battle. Quick Battle is a now defunct gaming mode where you had to win as many games as possible over a 2-3 day period. By not letting players gain life from their lethal blow to Greg, I think Hibernum (the devs at the time) were hoping that players might have to buy potions to increase their win rate. (Potions are now a rather obsolete aspect of the game, but it would take time to remove the Potion system, and it's not really hurting anyone by being there, and so it remains). Strictly speaking, I think I'd agree with you: in paper MTG, lifelink is a static ability now, and so the killing blow and the life gain should happen simultaneously (whereas, in the past, lifelink has been a triggered ability, so there was a delay between the damage dealt and the life gained).

#3 are a counter intuitive situation that we've long lived with in this game, and it's been flagged before as 'working as intended'. It makes no sense to me that a creature that has been killed during the first attack in combat remains in play until after combat has finished, and Oktagon haven't been inclined to change this in the past, despite it having caused problems (there's definitely been a problem in the past where a creature has been unkillable, since it dies in combat but them buffs itself while on 0 life before it hits the graveyard [citation needed, help me out here forumites!]). Maybe Oktagon will look at the situation again? Here's hoping.

(Perhaps creature combat is supposed to be simultaneous? Hmm. No, that wouldn't explain why a creature attacking first could buff a creature attacking second so that the second creature deals more damage. Just a thought...)

Resplendent Angel used to be one of these creatures if you paired it with if On Serra's Wings. It could take lethal damage, gain life from dealing damage to the other creature, get reinforced from it's ability, and be available to block the next creature.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    IF ONLY WE KNEW THE RULES! #bangsolddrum