Judgement Cards Missing From Packs

Options
Endbringer
Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
edited September 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Can anyone tell me if they have opened one of the following cards from the Judgement Packs thus far- 1. Cephalid Constable 2. Selfless Exorcist 3. Mirrari's Wake 4. Jeska, Warrior Adept 5. Balthazar, The Defiled 6. Thriss, Nantuko Primus.

All of these cards are listed in the card list of the actual packs, yet me and my girl are each around 3000 crystals invested into packs and neither of us have seen any of the above mentioned cards from them. We even spent extra money and crystals once those were the only mythic cards we had left to get from the list of cards available from packs, and neither of us saw one. I feel like there is a false advertising going and that those cards may only be exclusives that must be payed for but are listed as available from packs all the while, causing people to waste money and crystals.

Comments

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I opened Mirari’s Wake But you aren’t missing anything.
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Got jeska like three times by now, the rest you mentioned is missing.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have them all except Mirrari's Wake
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I have gotten Minari’s wake twice. But I haven’t opened that many packs.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have Selfless Exorcist - I think you've both just been v unlucky.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have opened Mirari's Wake, Jeska, Selfless Exorcist, and Thriss in packs. Pretty sure I've gotten a few dupes of Jeska and Mirari's Wake.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i got them all but those which are buyable have a much lower chance to drop.
  • Endbringer
    Options
    Ok thank you for clarifying. Case closed.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    naabaldan said:
    i got them all but those which are buyable have a much lower chance to drop.
    Is that confirmed somewhere?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Balthazar and Jeska, I've had unusually good luck this past week.  I normally get top quality junk 
  • Endbringer
    Options
    Look at the card list from the judgement booster packs now... Its 9-15-20 and Jeska, Thriss, and Blathor are not among the possible cards a player could pull... Funny I didn't get them from 18 super packs when the set was released and now they're simply not available in packs. Why are they suddenly not included anymore? Did they up and decide to make them only for cash purchase now? That's definitely not right!
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They were always intended to be cash purchase only, it was a bug they available in packs. This isnt the first time it has happened and likely wont be the last.
  • Endbringer
    Options
    They were always intended to be cash purchase only, it was a bug they available in packs. This isnt the first time it has happened and likely wont be the last.
    So xyz people got to get them with crystals then, but now the people who weren't lucky enough to get them will have to pay? Seems fair and appropriate.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Standard procedure. If you recall they accidentally made Vanguards craftable a few hours after the last update. Now these vanguards are only available in the usual way. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    Standard procedure. If you recall they accidentally made Vanguards craftable a few hours after the last update. Now these vanguards are only available in the usual way. 
    And those that crafted them were able to keep them, right? 
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Gunmix25 - of course (AFAIK) anything else would be unfair, wouldn’t it?

I guess it all stems from the inability to track changes in the database, so that roll backs are impossible to perform. 

Somehow, the database is designed so it can only move forward, but I guess MTGPQ do not use a relational database to keep track of collection and currency.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @Gunmix25 - of course (AFAIK) anything else would be unfair, wouldn’t it?

I guess it all stems from the inability to track changes in the database, so that roll backs are impossible to perform. 

Somehow, the database is designed so it can only move forward, but I guess MTGPQ do not use a relational database to keep track of collection and currency.
    I agree but thought to ask. I have no clue. I do know that there was a similar situation a few years back and those cards were all retracted by resetting some X hours back for all accounts. Everyone regained their crystals but the downside was many lost legitimate mythic pulls. TBH I'm glad they didn't do that this round... but that is more likely that the problem went on longer than it should have. The first time the rollback was some 24 hours after discovering the issue
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Gunmix25 - honestly I didn’t get the information fast enough to exploit it, so I do not know the details. 

However it is odd that D3/Oktagon does not offer compensation when they mess up like this, like a non-dupe M20 card in a time-restricted inbox message. This is something I regularly experiences in other apps.

Regarding the database design, I’m was not advocating that a roll back should been performed for everyone. It was just an observation that it seems it is impossible for them to do simple database maintenance on individual player basis or specific errors.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Tremayne said:

However it is odd that D3/Oktagon does not offer compensation when they mess up like this, like a non-dupe M20 card in a time-restricted inbox message. This is something I regularly experiences in other apps.

I experience this kind of compensation too for something like this in other apps.

Regarding the database design, I’m was not advocating that a roll back should been performed for everyone. It was just an observation that it seems it is impossible for them to do simple database maintenance on individual player basis or specific errors.

A rollback would only be valid within a 12 to 24 hour period ... after that, it would be better to bite the bullet and let it ride and clamp down the issue despite that it could irritate players whom did not get a chance to take advantage of the error. A roll back after 24 hours would create a much greater problem and larger pool of mad players. i think they were right to do so on all counts. I didn't even know of this error until well after they shut it down. 

• Endbringer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    We didn't "mess up" right; We as the players? But we as the players have to deal with "their" mess up. If ever something like this happens, the "right" thing to do is just leave the cards available to open from packs.