PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
Here's what I got out of 36 tokens...

https://youtu.be/NlwvuQDXqRk

How'd you do?

Comments

• jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Waiting for Polaris before pulling my horde.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I was 0 for 21 on 5* pulls.  :( 

• Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At least you didn't get any Talos Macleod....I like the videos as always and it is a bummer you got nada after the first two but shows the good pull videos and the bad ones. I am personally waiting for Onslaught and Killmonger to go before pulling LLs. I champed both already so waiting for that to happen. 
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    At least you didn't get any Talos Macleod....I like the videos as always and it is a bummer you got nada after the first two but shows the good pull videos and the bad ones. I am personally waiting for Onslaught and Killmonger to go before pulling LLs. I champed both already so waiting for that to happen. 
    Thank you!  ...and yes, no Talos!!  yuck.

when a 4* is worth less than a 3*... 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Very pleased with my results: 5/34, three Onslaughts (one of each color), one Killmonger and stopped with one black Daken with 17 tokens saved for the next 5* character.

And, in deference to the current discussion, none of my 29 4*s were Talos, either!
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Why people hate/dislike/whatever Talos? I mean explain how is he better than lets say Sentry, Elektra3*, Bullseye3* or Legion*? Is this a matter of just "I cannot do damage"?

*Disclaimer: pun intented as I would personally use EVERY other character over Legion as I DISLIKE Legion very much and he is currently my .only champion I purposly avoid using for other reasons than being unlevelled.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    PiMacleod said:

Why people hate/dislike/whatever Talos? I mean explain how is he better than lets say Sentry, Elektra3*, Bullseye3* or Legion*? Is this a matter of just "I cannot do damage"?

*Disclaimer: pun intented as I would personally use EVERY other character over Legion as I DISLIKE Legion very much and he is currently my .only champion I purposly avoid using for other reasons than being unlevelled.
    Well, to put it simply, while his toolkit does include multiple different factors, when you combine any of them, they don't nearly do as much "impact" to your game as other characters can.  Your team needs to match (not destroy, remove, etc) the traps (not the opponent either).  Talos' match damage increases based on amount of AP over the enemy -- which means, you are using his match damage over other people's on your team... which seems highly unlikely given the amount of good characters out there.  ...on a positive note, his stun is decent without really any flaw, but if you're gonna use him because of a stun, you've got other options out there with a better kit to back them.

Sentry?  Lets see... his green gets that hefty yellow strike damage boosting it.  His red (after the yellow, again), can do decent damage, which can turn into nice cascade damage.  His kit of powers complements each other in an obvious usable way.  Is Sentry good?  Noooooooooo... but at least I can see his purpose and how he works.

Elektra 3*?  A junior version of the 4*.  An early character that can help you beat K-silly, due to her purple.  A shoe-in for K-silly fights if your roster is young enough.  Of course, replaced by 4* Elektra when you get there.  Is she good?  Nah... but she's got her purpose.

Bullseye 3*?  I'm sorry, this one is actually pretty fun when done right.  His green makes cascades easy.  His purple (when teamed with a character to throw SAP tiles out, or against a SAP tile maker) becomes a nice damage power, which can easily trigger his black passive... which creates MORE strike tiles to abuse for green cascades and purple big-hits (well, big for 3* land).

Legion?  That ones WAY easy.  You have an outlet for EVERY color.  His purpose is clear -- he's a toolkit meant to just do SOMETHING with an abundance of AP.  AKA someone who won't get hit by Yelena (5*)'s passive, or Hela's passive... also, someone who always has an option at the ready, even if it's not what you want.  He's also someone that slows Killmonger's trap placement because he can fire a power very often.  Personally, I like his purple -- it's nice AP denial, and it goes with his yellow well.  Am I gonna use him in a PvP team?  No... too many other better options, but I can see his utility... and if someone for SOME REASON hit me with Yelena and Killmonger, I know a good counter pick potential.  ;P

See....Talos just doesnt have any of that.  His whole thing depends on you having more AP than the opponent in THEIR best color.  Blue can help you deny their AP... but you need 9 to get rolling.  His purple makes those traps and does the shapeshift thing... but you only negate that AP if YOU MATCH the traps (which, btw, are easily overwritable).  His best feature, his black passive, is nerfed by his own AP demands and traps that are not reliable.

Of course, this is my synopsis.  And I've droned on too long in what should be a "pull results" posting.  Sorry everyone... felt I should answer this, since I contributed to the Talos talk.  :)
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    12 for 54 (Mix of LTs and CPs).

2 Onslaught
    6 Killmonger
    4 Daken

Onslaught is now done at 4/5/4 with 1 saved cover
    KM is 1/5/4
    OMD is 3/1/0

Back to hoarding.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got him first token I pulled. Pulled a few more after that but no more luck
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had 89 pulls stored up, got pretty lucky with 14 5s. I was able to finish Onslaught, got a pair of Killmongers, and took Old Man Daken from 0/0/0 to 2/1/3. I’m planning to sit tight now till Onslaught drops out.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    17 pulls before samurai dropped. Also got an onslaught (champ level) and 3x killmonger (now championed) along the way. 29.4%, finally some good odds.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 for 1, and I didn’t even realize he was in . I was trying for Apocalypse and got Samurai green cover 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2020
    Options
    25 pulls, 5 x 5* after a previous dry spell.  Finished Onslaught cleanly with the shards I'd been saving up (0 extra covers, 0 extra shards for now), and no extra covers for Killmonger who's already champed, 0/2/0 for Daken.  No more LL pulls until Killmonger leaves.

I will be a bit sad having to use a very low Daken in PVE, but I'm being frugal to keep up with LL and hoard for better options.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    16 pulls. Got him on the last one also one Onslaught. Included a bizarre run of Vulture, Vulture, Mockingbird, Mockingbird, Vulture, Vulture.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/0  I think I will wait for KM/Daken/Heimdall before opening again.  Sorry Onslaight. . .
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    56 or so pulls, one Daken, a few Killmonger (up to 5, I think), champed Onslaught (that's when I stopped pulling), and managed to get a few classic 5's via shards and feeders (particularly a Loki and a Gambit, and they're two of my last five remaining classic 5's that aren't champed, so that was nice).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Waiting till Polaris gets into tokens before I make any draws.
    KGB
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    only pulled 16. 1 daken, 1 killmonger. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Went 3/20. Got 2 killmongers, which was good, but didn't manage to draw an OMD unfortunately. 
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    50 pulls and I got 1 onslaught cover.   I would have been happy with 1 Daken cover...  all the 4s I pulled were for characters I haven't champed yet.  I'm kinda peeved over the whole thing.  Leaves me at a disadvantage for pve this week.