PVP : Best teams against Okoye/5Hulk?

Options
LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
Getting back into PVP after a break.  5* player so doing SCL10.  I notice a fair number of Okoye/Hulk pairings and was wondering what combos work best against them?  Thanks!

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's still some time left to enjoy the BRB/Bishop meta...
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ahhh....thanks.  I keep forgetting Bishop as I never used him in PVE.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you have beta ray bill? If you can get his blue out fast all the protect tiles that hulks green create will nullify the damage pretty quick as long as you deny team up ap.  Add kitty to boost his tiles and her red will create 9 attack tiles every time green door goes off.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please don’t give replies to this as I primarily use Hulkoye and the only teams I lose to usually contains Bishop or Hammerhawk . 🤣🤣🤣
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get red nodes from Hulkoyes the most as a 4* player. It seems Britty is the best choice since Worthy and Bishop will be nerfed this October. Quake is probably the next useful character since she can destroy green tiles and reduce Hulkoye AoE, but I still get downed pretty quickly when retaliating against Hulkoye because of how fast they unintentionally gather TU via cascades. It seems like there won't be any option for 4* player to deal with Hulkoye in pick 2 PvP.
  • shadow2999
    shadow2999 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Remember, Quake is a great against AOE damage.  So that is one option. 

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options

I’ve never faced her in PvAI with Hulkoye but she wouldn’t scare me , her protection would survive a few rounds at most 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Quake can nullify ~3-5k damage depending on level. Maybe higher if she is boosted.  Hulkoye with 10 teamup ap died about 18k aoe passively.  I don't know that quake is an ideal solution.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Night crawler might get you somewhere as a 4* player, he is “immune” toAOE, but he will eat the tile break damage that precedes it, so you’ll have to be careful.  

Most of my retaLs when I climb with Hulkoye are Kitty/BRB for what it’s worth. My Kitty is 3/3/0 so I can’t effectively test it myself.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Also - Bishop isn’t the only stunner in the game; he wasn’t even the only Good stunner, just the Best stunner (against 5*s), so you can always fall back on Iceman (any flavor), or as a 4* player maybe try Rocket/Dazzler? 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* player so doing SCL10.  I notice a fair number of Okoye/Hulk pairings...
    I was away, too. I'm curious. SCL still doesn't have any bearing on who you face in PvP, does it? Or did something change while I took my extended break.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The challenge with taking on champed Hulkoye as a 4* player is that if you try to go for green matches, AI go for TU. If you go for TU, cascade often happens with iHulk. Either way, my teams get wiped by the 4th or 5th turn in pick 2 PvP even when I tried using Bishop with G4mora. I don't have much problem taking on other champed 5* teams that is not Britty or Hulkoye. Champed Hulkoye is one 5* team where I have zero chance of winning as of now.
  • slow
    slow Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My current instant skip (definite) :

1 ChucKoye (5* prof + Okoye)
    2 Okoye team with 1* Spiderman purple team-up
    3 I did 1 time fight with HulkKoye. My team was BillTy (BRB + Kitty) as no other enemy team to choose after a quite number of skips. the result was not good at all.

The fights usually when matches done by Ai that doesn't make sense resulted cascades. Critical tiles placement from Ai was most of the time auto-matched. BillShop (BRB + Bishop), KittyKet (Kitty + Rocket) at least there were synergies that make sense. The above 3... insta-skip sighhh...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I’ve been attempting various Dazzler teams for you 4* players, but sadly my 5* MmR means everybody is getting steamrolled by 450+ hulkoyes before they really get going.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    brb and kitty. gotta get brb's blue fired off asap. if you don't you're probably going to wipe. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    My retal nodes are champed Hulkoye (incuding 550s) even though my MMR is 4* MMR. If not, it's champed Okoye with high level iHulk. It seems the only solution so far is only champed Britty, even for 5* players.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jredd said:
    brb and kitty. gotta get brb's blue fired off asap. if you don't you're probably going to wipe. 
    This. Plus match Red, partially to deny iHulk (since his Red clobbers you so hard your protects are probably not going to mitigate it much) and to get Kitty's Red out which iHulk procs every turn x 3 since his damage is AoE. Still gonna cost you a healthpack or 2.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I was able to take out a champed Okoye/soft capped iHulk in the Ragnarok pvp with negligible health loss using Profe$$or X/Nightcrawler. Get rid of Okoye first, hulk keeps nightcrawler largely airborne, and X receives that damage reduction/AP tax for having a person of X on his team. Cascades are pretty easy to come by. Possibly not the 4* savior here, but butting it out there for those who can field it. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I'm surprised there isn't much complain about Hulkoye, seeing how counter to this team is limited. I got this idea from Bishop's reworked ability: If future 5* can passively create 1 or 2 special tiles on green basic tiles every turn, it's a pretty good counter to his AoE.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:

Unless the loaner is an X-man, BRB's starting protect tiles are exactly at Kitty's threshold.  If you can keep out all four for a turn or two, that really helps mitigate iHulk's damage right off the bat.  Basically it's a bit of a scramble, and if it goes south it goes south fairly quickly - prioritize keeping out protect tiles until you're below the threshold - sometimes you'll get lucky.  As for colors, early on prioritize blue, then yellow (3 protect tiles will put you back over that threshold, so long as you're not stupid unlucky,) then whatever since it's going to be long term.  Matching green can help stop iHulk's passive, but it's dicey since that threshold is pretty low.  Denying TUs is actually a fairly low priority - again it can help, but ideally you have enough buffed protect tiles so that it doesn't matter.
    Your goal is to buff those protect tiles to the point where iHulk does -1/-/1/-1 as quickly as possible, then get out Kitty's red so you can speed up the match a bit.  If you're really lucky, you won't need health packs (particularly if iHulk's green doesn't proc the first few turns,) but frequently you'll need them for the loaner or Kitty, since they'll have a lot less HP than BRB.
    Honestly, it's almost always slow, but I only wipe when things go terrible (Okoye cascades into a lot of TUs.)  OTOH my BRB is over 460, so that's a bit of an edge.