A test of skill day two Polaris

2»

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just played the Thing/SL/Mordo node. Used R&G this time and had luck and could match away my tiles continuously. It was like watching butter melt.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact that this new character is absolutely melting nodes many of us previously had significant difficulty with speaks volumes. I mean yeah she's boosted and its early, but I'd say the devs knocked this one out of the park.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If she is a 5* instead, I think she will be nerfed anyway. Her damage output will be increased significantly since she is a 5*, and 5* players will be crying about facing Britty and Polaris. It's a good thing that they have nerfed her into a 4*.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Her low health is sad, but BRB protect tiles help. I’m hoping for no new nerfs, but still expect a Bishop hit... eventually.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Is there any reason not to use valkyrie?  If you aren't running a high-level kitty, using valk and chasingthe bounty will generate lots of blue to use for stuns.  And who cares if thing makes protect tiles, you can just steal them with polaris. 
    and if you have a baby champ kitty, then I think you have even more options.

I re-did the Thing node with Valkrie after doing it with R&G. You most definitely can do it with her too since pretty much any match they make triggers Valkrie making her strikes due to their high match damage. Once that happens, Kitty and Polaris are off to the races and you win handily (or once you fire her blue and add 8 strikes).
    Polarity is so good because she teams with so many characters because of all the special tile creators in 4/5* land.
    But the original poster was asking about the Riri/Mockingbird/Bot node (which is always the harder of the 2) and for that I would only recommend R&G and matching his strikes whenever possible so the Bot is dead on turn 3/4.
    KGB
    Valk works just fine for the day 2 node as well.  Just be sure to stun riri or the decoy quickly.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its funny... Polaris is one of those characters that is very ... polarizing?  :wink:

If the enemy has her, you don't wanna bring your own Rocket, right?  That's like asking to be killed.  You can still bring your own Polaris, but I see fights with her being very different depending on who is on the enemy team.  

I'm starting to see this as a VERY GOOD thing for MPQ.  More 'rock/paper/scissors'.  Like, Thorkoye doesn't need SAP tiles to work, so they are solid.  The ProfX/Chavez stuff, or even mixed with C5rnage (since you KNOW they'll have plenty of SAP tiles quick).  I think there are solid counter-picks to consider, but you have to be willing to look at the enemy team and fight accordingly.

As far as this Shield Training is considered, though.... man, if I didn't pick Rocket EVERY TIME... I mean, it was too easy!  Although, that last/final wave node today, I actually used the loaners they gave out.  An overpowered Kitty and an overpowered Sabretooth?!  Yes please.  And it was done before I knew what I had unleashed.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    It's all about how the fight goes. If you play PVE or PVP you can make sure other characters tank and keep Polaris alive (while she's still new and undercovered). But if you get attacked in PVP, you don't get that privilige. That's the big difference.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I brought 3* Deadpool as my third, assuming I'd have to Whale it with only a 2/0/0 Kitty, but was pleasantly surprised to have Polaris basically win the node outright for me before I could even gather 14 purple.  I got a little lucky downing the goon quickly, not before he could use up some green while Ironheart was stunned, but otherwise Polaris just basically melted everyone.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Being a 4* player and fighting against Thing/SL/Mordo, I used Sabretooth, manage to win with little health lost from my team. Together with the Riri node, this is the first time all 3 member of my team still standing after winning the battle.