Old School Favorite Teams

2»

Comments

• Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    When I was transitioning into 3* land, I used to use 3* Iron Man, Magneto, and Hulk to pass TBE node in DD, back it was four waves of three.  They got me through a lot of events.

When Balance of Power first hit and you could only use 1-3* characters, I ran with Ares, Juggernaut, and Venom and it worked pretty well the first couple times they ran the event.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my 3* days I loved using Punisher, Spiderman, and Luke Cage. Not only because they were a pretty self-supporting team with strike, protect, and attack tiles, but also because I had fun picturing these three street-level heroes going up against almost anything. I wonder if that particular combination has ever fought together in the comics. 

In 4* land (where I still am), 4Carol, 4Wasp, and Mockingbird sustained me for many seasons. Great synergy and that team can get out of control quickly. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    My first max level 3*s were Iron Man, Hulk, and Black Widow.  Widow's green was expensive, but with 3 accelerators, it usually helped me end the match.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I would use Beast, Deadpool and Hood for the big enchilada when I was in 3* land. You could keep hood out of the way unless you match yellow, full rainbow of actives, AP suppressing, two different AOEs, special tiles, hood’s black can trigger beast’s blue. It was a pretty reliable team. 

Playing against tile movers in 4* land I likes Chavez, Mockingbird and MEHulk. That team is a lot of fun. Chaotic and you only have a few active powers so there’s a good chance you’ll get MEH’s purple, which just adds to the chaos, when mockingbird fires. Fun times. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Seems so long ago...
    1*: Juggernaut. And two other random characters.
    2*: to this day I still use Daken, Wolverine, and Magneto in Deadpool Daily. Basically the goal is let Daken tank (and heal), collect enough Green, Red, and Blue to fire them (in that order). Mags Purple feeds Wolvie's Red and helps make some nice crit tiles.
    3*: I remember Strange and Thanos. I can't remember who was my usual third. Probably IM 40, but I know I like Captain for his ability to overwrite CDs and get AP back
    4*: of course, Grocket, Gamora, and Medusa, but also America, Peggy, and 3* The Hood.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    ...to this day I still use Daken, Wolverine, and Magneto in Deadpool Daily.
    DDQ is a great place to revisit old teams. In the 2-star nodes I always use Ares, Daken, and Carol for the wave node. Two AoEs from Ares/Carol for the goons and Ares/Daken can nuke the tile movers who have more health. Then in the second 2-star node I swap Ares out for Wolverine and fill the board with strike tiles off green and then clean house with Carol's black.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I still use 2* Storm, Magneto and Hawkeye for Deadpool Daily.  We used to call them the “trinity” years ago, and those are still my favorite matches some days. 

Hulk bomb (3* Hulk and Patch) was a fantastic tactic to take down hard nodes back in the day.  So it’s fun to break out every once in awhile. 

I also liked to use 3* Cyclops, Daredevil and Hood, just to see how many DD red trap tiles I could get out there on goon nodes. 

I can’t imagine trying use slow goon grinders now like 3* cap, obw, and 3* storm.  It would take HOURS to take down high level goons. 

Lastly, I haven’t tried the Prof X-Scarlet Witch-3* Black Widow winfinite in a long time. I think one of the powers was tweaked to nerf that strategy. Slow but 70% of the time, it worked every time.  (I still have a legacy Prof X on my roster special built just for that winfinite (no yellow covers).