QOL... Can we get a change to wave nodes?

Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
Is it possible to get a QOL change to the wave nodes?
I have always found it a bit odd that normal clears are 4+3 (for optimal scoring) but that wave nodes are 2+3. Most wave nodes are at least 2 waves (can be 3 or even 4) and consist of waves of at least 3 enemies (I've see it go up to at least 5). It would make more sense to change wave nodes to a 2+2 clearing strategy (at least to me is makes more sense). The wave nodes would still take longer to clear than normal nodes but at least it would be easier to guesstimate the timing better (so I can guess when to start my final clears). As it is now I am always underestimating wave nodes that are 3-4 waves with 4+ combatants per wave. I find this especially frustrating when doing all minion waves of 4 or more per wave.

Ok, my ranting is over. We now take you to our previously schedules rants that may already be in progress.

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, if the timer could be held off until a full clear is made that'd be great.  
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    From what I have seen, the points you get from nodes are somewhat tied to the time it takes to complete them. As a consequence, wave nodes usually are worth more than the "normal" nodes are. This gives the subs which do have waves comparatively more points available in end grinds than in starting clears. And since the progression is set based on starting clears, it means playing to progression is made easier with waves as they are now.
    To me, this is already a nice QoL attribute. 
    Just think ahead of the wave node, what type of goons and tile movers it is going to have, and choose your team accordingly. Remember it's way better to finish even 10-15 min early than to be short on time and leave points on the table. 
    Now, the banners thing *is* annoying. If that could be sped up, or shortened somehow, I'd love it. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anything that makes waves go faster would be a huge QOL improvement.

Reduce clears?  Yes please.

Reduce banners?  Sounds great.

All players who play PVE have to deal with waves.  It would be a way to reduce needed playtime for everyone.

Here's an idea....in all the subs with waves, convert the wave to a one-time only hit.  If you need to, add another repeatable node or just let those subs have *gasp* less nodes to play.

I might argue for removing them completely, but there's a feeling of accomplishment with completing them as you build your roster.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I look forward to them as waves are usually weaker minions than occur in a normal node . Using Human Torch/ Okoye is usually an instant kill from the 3rd wave on so the timing is of little concern once he’s boosted up to 100-200K damage per turn 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    JRYUART said:
    Also, a small request of taking away or marginalizing the “X has been defeated, X has arrived banners “ please.  They are so draggy.  Thanks
    there needs to be a toggle that turns off all information banners. have you ever used 5* hawkeye/coulson/hammercap? what a waste of time that gets to be. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Until they can sort out how to make grind down to 2 in SCL 10, I doubt this is going to happen anytime soon. The advantage of wave nodes is that veteran players could mistime their clears and allow other players to climb a couple placement up.  :p

Other QOL requests:

1) Speed up:
    a) Mindless Ones
    b) AIM Scientists
    c) Sentinels

2) remove banners such as those showing who's downed, those showing passive powers. 

I think it's going to be way down their to-do list since it benefits only the impatients. Despite veterans asking them to speed up Mindless Ones, they still came up with two new goon types that are just as slow as Mindless Ones. Indirectly, IMO, this type of "speed up the game" requests is likely to be put on the back burner.
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited August 2020

I think it's going to be way down their to-do list since it benefits only the impatients. 
    When playing at the highest level of play in cl10 pve (t1 to t10 contention), waiting for those banners could literally be the difference in placement. Another example is waiting for post-victory cascades to resolve at the end of match before the game registers you as having successfully finished the node. It’s why it’s also known amongst top players that there is a slightly longer lag time post-match when 5* PX or IHulk is on either of the teams before it resolves to the points tally screen.  Seconds literally matter in order to win, it’s not a question of patience. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2020
    I believe banners appear for everyone, unless there are special groups of players who can switch that off. Since iHulk and Okoye is one of the meta teams for clears and grinds, then those banners would have affected them as well? Therefore,  wouldn't everyone has the same advantage/disadvantage?
  • JRYUART
    I believe banners appear for everyone, unless there are special groups of players who can switch that off. Since iHulk and Okoye is one of the meta teams for clears and grinds, then those banners would have affected them as well? Therefore,  wouldn't everyone has the same advantage/disadvantage?
    Yes, but if the devs were to allow live gameplay to happen while the notifications were on the screen (but moved elsewhere or removed), it would be one less extraneous pain point for those that do count every second to have to deal with, when coupled with other factors are not equalized across the the playerbase (like post victory cascades animation resolution). 
  • Michael1957
    JRYUART said:

I think it's going to be way down their to-do list since it benefits only the impatients. 
    When playing at the highest level of play in cl10 pve (t1 to t10 contention), waiting for those banners could literally be the difference in placement. Another example is waiting for post-victory cascades to resolve at the end of match before the game registers you as having successfully finished the node. It’s why it’s also known amongst top players that there is a slightly longer lag time post-match when 5* PX or IHulk is on either of the teams before it resolves to the points tally screen.  Seconds literally matter in order to win, it’s not a question of patience. 
    And this is Exhibit A why I don’t play for placement and enjoy the game without having to whine on the forum about my petty personal opinions 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    JRYUART said:

And this is Exhibit A why I don’t play for placement and enjoy the game without having to whine on the forum about my petty personal opinions 
    Thanks for sharing your petty personal opinion about other people's gaming habits...
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART said:

Last I checked , we are here to discuss strategies and offer suggestions to the devs about elements of the game that could streamline the process for everyone. Seems like you are invested enough in MPQ where you spend your personal time reading and posting in a forum about a game that you are apparently ambivalent about. 

Begrudging other people’s ideas under the guise of “well I don’t play for placement “ when there is a competitive, placement-based rewards component to the game is like you demeaning people who watch sports to see who wins the game and eventual  championship - because all *you* personally enjoy is seeing people run around catching and throwing balls for an entire season. You do you, have fun with that.  
  • HoundofShadow
    If banners are removed, your competitors benefit from it as well. Wouldn't things be back to square one? I thought the main differences determing top 10 in SCL 10 would be the level of your meta characters and the "right" support equipped to your meta characters. 
  • JRYUART
    If banners are removed, your competitors benefit from it as well. Wouldn't things be back to square one? I thought the main differences determing top 10 in SCL 10 would be the level of your meta characters and the "right" support equipped to your meta characters. 
    You are right , everyone would benefit. But my original suggestion was to simply ask devs to consider streamlining an element that feels extraneous.  From a competitive standpoint, post-victory cascade is probably more of an issue since it holds you up from hitting the next node  .  Just empirically end the match when the opposing team is downed like in pvp without forcing us to wait thru all of the animation to be done.  I’m just advocating for tweaks that streamline the game(play) further.  
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2020
    Actually, stopping of cascades when the last enemy is downed was implemented for a PvE or so two or three months ago before it magically went back to square one. No idea what happened there. I think it could be a bug like Mindless Ones' attack tiles speeding up only on a fresh bootup of the game. The point is, stopping of cascade came and went away quickly. Whether it's a bug or not, it's up in the air.
  • Michael1957
    JRYUART said:
    JRYUART said:

Last I checked , we are here to discuss strategies and offer suggestions to the devs about elements of the game that could streamline the process for everyone. Seems like you are invested enough in MPQ where you spend your personal time reading and posting in a forum about a game that you are apparently ambivalent about. 

Begrudging other people’s ideas under the guise of “well I don’t play for placement “ when there is a competitive, placement-based rewards component to the game is like you demeaning people who watch sports to see who wins the game and eventual  championship - because all *you* personally enjoy is seeing people run around catching and throwing balls for an entire season. You do you, have fun with that.  
    Well my strategy and suggestion to the developers is don’t change it , not “everyone “ wants it streamlined . I don’t need less time here , in fact I enjoy playing the game as much as possible . I like the animations and the slowness of the game gives me a few extra seconds to think a few moves ahead each turn . And the placement system is in no way “competitive “ except to maybe 0.001% of the players . And true , you have me categorized correctly . I watch and play sports for the strategy and enjoyment and exercise . I don’t care who wins or where I place nor do I worship a corporate logo hoping they win. It’s a game it’s for fun by definition, if it wasn’t fun I’d just go find another sport to play instead of asking the rules be changed for my benefit . And if I ever sink to that level , for the benefit of the human race , I would lean over the plate and take a 100mph fastball for the benefit of the team .
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Actually, stopping of cascades when the last enemy is downed was implemented for a PvE or so two or three months ago before it magically went back to square one. No idea what happened there. I think it could be a bug like Mindless Ones' attack tiles speeding up only on a fresh bootup of the game. The point is, stopping of cascade came and went away quickly. Whether it's a bug or not, it's up in the air.
    I think what you're referring to is when Juggernaut's Collateral downs an enemy Teisatsu to end a node. When the  banners for adding attack tiles go, the battle ends instead of letting cascades resolve. I do not believe anything has been done in pve to force matches to end instead of watching cascades resolve, much less removal of such a change.