Feedback on new R209 Roster Menu changes

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Jarring on first view, but after little more exposure I am confident that I will enjoy the extra functionality (sorting by color while also filtering etc). So definitely a net positive for the game.  Unfortunately, this doesn't address the main QoL concern I have about the roster view: team selection.  Please give us better sorting options for team selection (perhaps some preset team hotkeys, or a favorites list that is distinct from shargeting.  I am tired of scrolling over endlessly for 2099 or 3* strange).
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't find sorting by color particularly valuable on the roster screen. It would be more valuable when picking a team to go into battle with so you can make sure you have all the colors covered.
    I do like that it tells you if you have any characters that can be levelled with shards without having to activate the filter and see if anyone shows up.
    I also wish it was still horizontal. I read left to right. It's just a more natural scroll, imo. This one is more of a nitpick, though. I'm sure I'll get used to the vertical presentation.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I like it , once I figured it out . And since I’m not one of those fanboy whales with rosters in the hundreds I have no use for a favorite team or character filter. If it’s on my roster it’s a favorite. I hope they keep it this way , I’m content with the improvement. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    I like the sort by Shards feature - it actually turns out I had enough shards for another cover for Legion which I hadn't realised.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Messing around with the color sort feature made me realize how FEW Black/Yellow/Purple chars we have.
    There are literally only 5 total across all * levels.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing id like changed, as it's a mild annoyance, is the claim your rewards button should be centered and not slightly to the left. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing id like changed, as it's a mild annoyance, is the claim your rewards button should be centered and not slightly to the left. 
    So far, every time i've attempted to claim a reward I've opened up God Emperor Doom to see his stats first, because he is now where that button used to be. 
  • Michael1957
    Omegased said:
    I like it , once I figured it out . And since I’m not one of those fanboy whales with rosters in the hundreds I have no use for a favorite team or character filter. If it’s on my roster it’s a favorite. I hope they keep it this way , I’m content with the improvement. 
    Not sure where you are in the game (SCL), but considering you benefit from having EVERY character, it's really hard to manage everyone. 

For example, I have every 4star champed, and a dozen 5stars champed. there's a big benefit for me to use D3adpool every day, but I don't because it's a pain in the butt trying to scroll thru 115 characters getting to him.

Characters like Vulture/American Chavez/R&G are pretty helpful in 5star land, but finding them between the others is awkward (I think he was just over lvl300... no I've gone too far.. wait, it wasn't him that hit 300.. ugh. let me start again). then they decide to change the covers and your eye muscle memory is completely gone :(.

if you continue to play over the years - you'll run into the same problem eventually. Good luck and hope you enjoy the game!

I see no benefit of having every character. I’m in SCL 10, all necessary 3 and 4* champed, all others are in shard reserve for the 3 days a year they are needed . Plus in 10 you get the necessary rewards to play the next PvE. Without a roster of useless characters I can finish top 25 or 50 in PvP and PvE. Plenty of ISO and HP left over because I don’t waste it playing FarmVille.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I like the sort by Shards feature - it actually turns out I had enough shards for another cover for Legion which I hadn't realised.
    @DAZ0273
    Shard sort is helpful to see if anybody is close to a cover, but also if you click on filter-> and the first option under "upgrade ready", any champed character or unchamped (with less than 13 covers) that has enough shards to redeem for a full cover will show. It's a carryover from the old screen.  6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other...
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    As a Steam player, I would like to give so many thanks that we had some effort put in and didn't just have to make do with an exact copy of the mobile versions roster rework. When I read "The screen is now scrolled vertically. " in the release notes, I had terrifying visions of my entire roster being crammed into the middle third of the screen while the two outer thirds are just blank space with a starry background.

I was surprised that team/affiliations didn't make it to the filter list, but hopefully, this is the groundwork for future changes which will then be applied to the team selection pages.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add another vote for the claim tokens button is in the wrong place, it should either be on the right or it should cover that whole row. 

I have never opened the character sheet of captain america (he's the one to the right of the button for me) as much as I have done so this week. 😀
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    I see no benefit of having every character. I’m in SCL 10, all necessary 3 and 4* champed, all others are in shard reserve for the 3 days a year they are needed . Plus in 10 you get the necessary rewards to play the next PvE. Without a roster of useless characters I can finish top 25 or 50 in PvP and PvE. Plenty of ISO and HP left over because I don’t waste it playing FarmVille.

I don't quite know what you mean - you have every necessary character? Do you mean, you don't have the limited characters, but you have everyone else?
    If so, then you're kinda saying the same thing as me. There's characters I've NEVER used in 4star land aside from when they're required or maybe boosted (in fact more than half of them I'd say), but I need them for champ rewards, and to get full progression in pve.

If so - sure, you're right. you don't need the limited characters aside from around April fools (bagman. yea you don't need him. and anniversary. Realistically tho. that's 4 characters out of 101.

if you want to get full progression you would typically want every 2/3/4/5 non limited character. SCL10, you don't need the 2s, but the resources you get from them are worth keeping, and they're also required for DDQ (granted not all of them if that's how you want to play).

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    Omegased said:

blah blah blah

I think i've just realised what you're talking about. you have rotating slots for the 3s and 4s, that you populate with the event prior.

that does seem hugely wasteful and a lot more roster management that just hiring everyone, but if that's how you enjoy the game then do it!.

This game is sorta based on collecting them all (in my opinion), so not sure about that process. i used to do it with my 2s, but decided when they had a roster slot sale, to just jump in.

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    To paraphrase commissioner Gordon:

It's the roster update we deserve, just not the roster update we need right now.
  • Michael1957
    Omegased said:
    Omegased said:

blah blah blah

I think i've just realised what you're talking about. you have rotating slots for the 3s and 4s, that you populate with the event prior.

that does seem hugely wasteful and a lot more roster management that just hiring everyone, but if that's how you enjoy the game then do it!.

This game is sorta based on collecting them all (in my opinion), so not sure about that process. i used to do it with my 2s, but decided when they had a roster slot sale, to just jump in.

75% of the characters are unnecessary, barring a few days a year . The object of the game is to win, not collect . There are no rewards for the most toys . Most characters are like tax accountants, you use them 1 week a year then ignore them because they serve no real use to be around . (Farming is NOT a real use ).
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    second the "very nice, now make something like this for the team selection screen" sentiment, and would add that i'd love to see a scroll bar on the side like we used to have on the bottom of the roster screen. i'm a steam player and scrolling there is way easier with a bar when you have 340 toons.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that the champion rewards system is the engine that fuels the endgame economy - without them it's very hard to keep pace with 5* releases. Play how you like, but you absolutely ARE rewarded for having characters rostered and champed in the form of champion rewards.