Feedback on new R209 Roster Menu changes

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
It looks cleaner, and I don't mind the vertical scroll.

When the Claim Rewards button comes up, it's in a new location than it used to be, so my muscle memory to apply covers is going to have to be re-trained. Generally speaking, I would prefer those buttons you press a ton, in rapid succession, not move around too much when visual overhauls come down the pipe. Maybe this is a thing most rosters out in the main player population don't have to deal with, but i apply a ton of covers it feels like and this will for sure be an adjustment compared to having the button appear roughly where it used to be, even with the new art.

This particular out-of-combat roster screen isn't really where I wanted these elaborate sorting features. I would hope that more in-combat team construction roster sorting is on the way, because that's where it's most painful to dig through a roster sorted entirely by character level then alphanumeric.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the best feature here is the ability to sort by colors and it's precise enough to find characters with three specific colors. I also like the ability to narrow down searches by rarity (star tier) with further refinements. Plus, the cosmic star background is aesthetically pleasing and darker so that it's easier on the eyes.

As many have stated, it would be nice to see some of these features - mainly filtering by rarity - on the combat selection screen.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    It looks cleaner, and I don't mind the vertical scroll.

When the Claim Rewards button comes up, it's in a new location than it used to be, so my muscle memory to apply covers is going to have to be re-trained. Generally speaking, I would prefer those buttons you press a ton, in rapid succession, not move around too much when visual overhauls come down the pipe. Maybe this is a thing most rosters out in the main player population don't have to deal with, but i apply a ton of covers it feels like and this will for sure be an adjustment compared to having the button appear roughly where it used to be, even with the new art.

This particular out-of-combat roster screen isn't really where I wanted these elaborate sorting features. I would hope that more in-combat team construction roster sorting is on the way, because that's where it's most painful to dig through a roster sorted entirely by character level then alphanumeric.
    I second this claim reward nuisance. Please slide it over further into the center a bit. 

More comfortable access then reaching across the screen. 
  • Karlemayn
    Karlemayn Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I don't see this on my iOS phone or tablet. Will it be updating there soon?
  • Karlemayn
    Thanks! That worked.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Will take some getting used to but I think i'm going to like it.
    It could do with at least a couple more columns to utilize some of that wasted screen real estate and lower the amount of scrolling required.
    If this gets ported to battle picking screen then in its current state there is plenty of space at the sides for favourites/teams. ;-)
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    I concur.

@IceIX

Combat selection sorting/favorite teams and we would be in great shape. 

Wouldn’t mind a favorite sort for teamup donations either.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with the new changes it will take getting used too as it is new.  Overall when I sort I would sort by rairity or by characters with covers to upgrade.  The new customization is nice for some but for my roster not what I use.  What I would really like is sortability around sending TU instead.  Being able to choose rarity, levels high to low or low to high and then to favorite characters to send as TU.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall I liked the UI changes and would offer this suggestion.

1.  The favorite filter should reflect our favorites not shard targets.   Specifically,  the favorites filter should be used for the 15-20 characters that players select based on expected need.

while I agree it’s very important for players to see who are shard targets, that tasks is part of players downtime,

in comparison

players often change team comp, based on different enemy nodes.  So a filtered group of 20 chars is a very reasonable compromise to specific team loadouts.

/tldr
    Change the favorite filter so players can pre sort 15-20 chars. And add a second selector to reflect shard target
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually do not mind the new menu, I think it looks pretty sleek.
    Just need to retrain myself to swipe up and down and not left to right and tapping the spot where rewards use to be. Hard habit to break after 6 years of doing it. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    This popped up when I finished the Thanos PvE.  I was like "OMG!  THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!  They FINALLY added sorting to the roster!"  Then I went to play a match and realized, they didn't add it where it's most sorely needed...

How dare you tease me like this.  This is worse than my GF coming out in sexy lingerie and saying "Guess what you're doing tonight?" and before I can respond she finishes with "sleeping on the couch, again..."
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    Look, i love it. it's clear, crisp, and easy to use. the movement of the claim rewards button will throw me off and annoy me for a few weeks, but that's fine.

only problem is (and i guess this is our own fault) - this isn't actually what we WANTED. it's the roster page when choosing a team that's cumbersome thing to manage when you like me you have 214 people rostered.

also, a commonly used or, most favourite would be actually useful.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll even throw in on this...  (I usually don't like to echo people)...

Everything is great!  ...but we really want the 'favorites' option in character selection pre-fight.  

I wonder if part of the 'issue' is that they would need to make a new symbol or something for us to click/tap in order to designate the character as a 'favorite'...?  I mean, its a small issue, to be sure, but it's once again ANOTHER symbol to add to a crowded single cover display per character.

Maybe, if I may suggest, if that's the case -- don't make a new symbol.  Change the font color instead.  The button to do this would be in the "Stats and More" section, so that it doesn't crowd the cover that we see in the roster.  Once the option for "favorite" is checked, then the font on said cover changes to a gold tone, or maybe a Bold font that's just 2 points bigger... or maybe make the font jet black with a gold outline, so that it sticks out.

I think you get the idea.  I'm not trying to say this is hard to do -- but I was just imagining if there COULD be an issue, what would it be?  Here's hoping we see something like this in the future.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Maybe they want to test out the UI on the roster screen before porting it to the battle selection screen? I would love to see saved team in battle screen. I do notice that those games that allowed saved teams are usually played in landscape mode. In portrait mode, I imagine characters are going to look a lot smaller. 

Since most PvPs are pick-2 and simulator and other special PvP modes are pick-3, i think there might be some problem with who will be choosen in a pick 2 if saved teams are made for pick-3.

The claim reward screen needs some time to get used to, or they can shift it from the left to the center.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    What I like most is the ability to sort on shards. Especially with 4*, I select the one closest to 400 shards. 
  • Karlemayn
    Whenever a new feature debuts or updates, a lot of the responses are "this is great, but..." I am very happy to get something I have wanted for years, so I'm not going to complain about whether it would be good elsewhere in the client. The developers already know that! 

I'm here to say I love this progress and it's a great quality of life update to the roster screen.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks nice and seems to work well overall.

It's a little slower for me to get to things although that's probably learning new habits more than anything else.

I think this is very good for people who are building rosters, not as helpful for people who have everyone, but that's fine.  We just got SCL 10 scoring changes and can sleepwalk to T10 alliance placement when we want it.  (As much as SCL 10 is "sleepwalking".)

I would love it if there was a sort for "Saved Covers" but maybe that's hard to pull off based on the way they are coded.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Overall, I like it a lot.
    One dislike is, the buttons could be larger, I'm fat-finger-missing it very often, having to repeat what I wanted to do.
    Still, the most necessary place for these improvements is the pre battle team selecting. I really hope, when all is done, we end up with some sort of saved team slots too.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like, is very nice.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    It’s pretty. Not super useful , what I’ve always wanted was a search feature in team selection screen.